NEurope

That boxart is very nice indeed. But then anything with the slightest hint of a gunslinger about it would be enough for me. :love:

Isn't the UK the EU one?

UK one:

the-conduit-box.jpg

Rest of Europe one:

boxart_eur_the_conduit.jpg

Bearing in mind, pretty much all UK online retailers are selling the SE with the silvery sleeve.

Is that the first time we've seen the "Compatible with Wii Speak" logo?

Did Animal Crossing have one?

Is that the first time we've seen the "Compatible with Wii Speak" logo?

Did Animal Crossing have one?

I think it was only on the box of the bundle.

The AI Reminds me of Star Fox Adventures. Every thing else looks rather awesome though.

E3 2009: Red Steel 2 Hands-on

The demo features several options where difficulty and controls are concerned. Easy mode is obviously for the beginner player, medium for the experienced gamer and ninja mode "for the true master." The differences lay in enemy strength and numbers as well as the targeting system, I presume. More importantly to anybody who played the first Steel are the control choices -- finally. First -- and you know this by now -- this sequel is all about Wii MotionPlus. I'll get to that, but a quickie note on the calibration process. Before the game actually begins, you're asked to calibrate your remote by placing it upside-down on a flat surface for about two seconds. At any time before or in-game, you can semi-customize your controls between three different options: beginner (huge bounding box; drag the screen to turn); standard (the dead zone is a little tighter) and expert (feels exactly like Metroid Prime 3's advanced setup). On expert, the infrared pointer feels almost right in the same way that Retro's title does. Games like Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and more recently The Conduit harness more customizable control schemes, but don't worry because the developer admitted to me that it looked at High Voltage's shooter as the new control benchmark and as a result, Red Steel will boast a fully customizable scheme -- bounding box, turn sensitivity and all. These customization options were omitted from the E3 build to keep players from fiddling and instead stay them focused on shooting and slicing.

Trailer:

E3 2009: Developer Walkthrough with Commentary

E3 2009: Video Walkthrough

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

I'm really looking forward to this. One of my most wanted games this year for sure.

After seeing it at Ubi's conference, my hype for this game just went through the roof. I can't believe how visually stunning it is... and MotionPlus seems to work flawlessly. Nice to see that swordplay has been integrated into real-time combat this time as opposed to isolated duels.

Now that I know that WM+ is being bundled with this, I think I might wait then to get WM+. Unless ofcourse, if Nintendo show us later that it's worth getting Sports Resort.

see most of you would prefer that second xboart in conduit up there.. but what does it say about the game on it?.. nothing.. for all we know it could be another tomb raider game...

the first boxat would help it sell much more.

red steel 2 looks really good..

Looks really good!

Motion controls seem great and it's a great graphical style.

That bit at the start when you're being dragged by the bike... awesome!

Though I think they should have had allowed us to shoot the bloke driving the bike, and if you don't react quick enough you die. Kinda like they do in Zack and Wiki, you have to be on the ball at all times.

Looks really good. Impressed me a lot, total night and day difference from the frankly awful original (it really it is go back and play it) this wasn't on my radar but it is now.

Very interesting... Wow the motion looks incredibly accurate, the aiming is incredibly stable, compared to the standard wii mote.

Gotta love how his hat stayed on that whole time after being dragged around :P

It looks very good, more based on the sowrdplay than gun play, maybe that's why they dropped the online. Graphics are sweet.

Looks really good. Impressed me a lot, total night and day difference from the frankly awful original (it really it is go back and play it) this wasn't on my radar but it is now.

I think I might actually do that, I didn't finnish the game before I lost my save file so I'd like to actually beat it at some point. I found the game started sucking as soon as you got to Japan. I'm glad they've kept the destructible environments though.

Interestingly, after resorts fencing, there's been a few comments implying the sword play doesn't feel as respsonsive on this in comparison.... hope Nintendo don't overshadow Ubisoft.... or even better Ubi tighten the controls even more!!!

Bad news for those wanting this this year:

http://kotaku.com/5323801/splinter-cell-conviction-and-red-steel-2-slip-to-2010

Seems alot of games are being pushed to the other side of the Xmas release window. Don't understand why because the way it's going, there'll be very little around xmas outside the usual stuff and a load of stuff coming in the new year which'll still have to compete against a large amount of competition meaning success won't be guaranteed. ::shrug:

Bad news for those wanting this this year:

http://kotaku.com/5323801/splinter-cell-conviction-and-red-steel-2-slip-to-2010

Seems alot of games are being pushed to the other side of the Xmas release window. Don't understand why because the way it's going, there'll be very little around xmas outside the usual stuff and a load of stuff coming in the new year which'll still have to compete against a large amount of competition meaning success won't be guaranteed. ::shrug:

I'm screwed next year the amount of games is stupid!

Can't believe Red Steel 2 has slipped...no more motionplus games this year then? :(

In delaying all of those games, I'm guessing they're pulling the same trick Warner Bros. did with Harry Potter. The Dark Knight raked in ridiculous amounts of money last year, and Harry Potter would have done likewise. This year would have looked underwhelming in comparison with fewer blockbuster releases.

Likewise, Ubisoft have Avatar and Assassin's Creed 2 among others that should perform well this Christmas. They say the first half of this year was crap for them too, so I think they're looking to show a massive increase throughout the whole of next year, rather than just Christmas.

[/Analyst mode OFF]