NEurope
ReZourceman

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

Those pics of Harley are great!! - she's been one of my favourite characters for a while and I really want to see her in a film, it would have been too much to tackle her in the dark knight though! - I like the new look in a way but I'm a sucker for her classic design so lets hope they stick with that.

Any thought on the Two-Face news?

Personally I would rather he didn't return!

I think that too, it would ruin everything I think. I still think that the joker still has more to play, even though ledger is dead himself.

I love this film, I was expecting it to be good, but not amazing, every bit had me quite to be quite honest and I was so impressed, alittle bit disappointed about rachel leaving so early in the film, but it seem a good way to go afterwards.

I think that too, it would ruin everything I think. I still think that the joker still has more to play, even though ledger is dead himself.

I love this film, I was expecting it to be good, but not amazing, every bit had me quite to be quite honest and I was so impressed, alittle bit disappointed about rachel leaving so early in the film, but it seem a good way to go afterwards.

Early? Heh I guess it's one of those films where you lose track of time. That bit is at least over half way I reckon :heh:. Had my second viewing today. As much as I believe Nolan can pull off a sequel I don't want one. It would require a seriously awesome villain and the right actor to pull it off. I mean let's face it who's left? Catwoman? Penguin? God no. Ledgers performance is outstanding I just find all the little things he does hilarious.

Early? Heh I guess it's one of those films where you lose track of time. That bit is at least over half way I reckon :heh:. Had my second viewing today. As much as I believe Nolan can pull off a sequel I don't want one. It would require a seriously awesome villain and the right actor to pull it off. I mean let's face it who's left? Catwoman? Penguin? God no.

Well as has been discussed heavily, there are a lot of options beyond those that everyones heard of.

Honestly in the main stream non comic people, whos heard of Ra's Al Ghul?

Well, he was in the cartoons a lot. But yes, I agree :heh:

4 episodes, I think, if uou count his brief appearance at the end of "Off Balance". Then he appeared in one episode of Batman Beyond, and one episode of Superman.

Not that many.

4 episodes, I think, if uou count his brief appearance at the end of "Off Balance". Then he appeared in one episode of Batman Beyond, and one episode of Superman.

Not that many.

lul, wonder where you got that info from. You'll notice that "The Demon's Quest" is a two parter, which makes it 5 ;) but whatever.

Two-Face? Back from the dead? F*ck no!

If they bring anyone back it should be Ra's, but tbh i'd rather just see em move on. Bane is the one i'm really waiting on, should be incredible if it's done right!

Agreed: Bane, as an intelligent crime lord pushing dark and savage drugs on the street could really be something, especially if they being elements of the Batman: Venom story where Batman starts using it himself.

Bane is one of the most intelligent guys in the comics.

In Batman and Robin, he was a joke :nono:

And no, don't bring Bane, just bring the Riddler and make Joker a secondary villain.

Oh, AND NO MR FREEZE. :mad:

Oh, AND NO MR FREEZE. :mad:

YES!

There'll be no problem introducing him. He always knows how to break the ice.

:blank:

Been reading up on some of the villians on wikipedia and here's who I think sound like the best fits:

- Harley Quinn - As a way of extending The Joker into another film, which I feel is needed. However, I think her story relies far to heavily on The Joker and thus am not sure it would be possible.

- Black Mask - I think is the perfect villian to bring into Batman 3 and can capatalise on the breaking Gotham City. He has an interesting backstory with Bruce Wayne and Joker references are possible.

Apparently in the Black Mask graphic novel he worked second in command to The Joker.

They could expand him from being one of the Jokers henchmen, or he could step out of the shadows to take a command over the out of control mobs and criminal underworld.

This sounds interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(comics)

Sionis found he had an amazing aptitude for crime, and he soon had a large gang working for him. Calling them the False Face Society, the one requirement was that all members must select a mask from his collection and wear it at all times when on the job and in his presence. They were successfully gaining power in the Gotham underworld, until Black Mask decided it was time to take his revenge on Bruce Wayne. He began kidnapping Wayne Enterprises executives, putting masks on their faces that were coated in the deadly make-up once made by Janus Cosmetics. He also targeted Circe and forcibly disfigured her with the chemicals in order to force her to reunite with him. Circe would ultimately kill herself, leading Black Mask to replace her with a mannequin that he talked to as if it were a real person.

These kidnappings drew Batman's attention, and he began hunting down the False Facers. He slowly began to dismantle the organization until he finally found Black Mask in the ruins of the Sionis Family home. Black Mask lit the wreckage on fire trying to escape, but was caught in the burning house. Batman was able to save him, but the mask had been burned onto his face and left him disfigured.

Black Mask spent some time in Arkham Asylum, but escaped when Bane assaulted the facility in Knightfall and subsequently restarted the False Facers. He took on a new second-in-command, Tattoo (whose face was covered in a tattoo mask pattern), and he began burning down Wayne properties. This time he also kidnapped Lucius Fox, CEO of Waynetech and friend of Bruce Wayne. Batman infiltrated the gang and was able to save Fox from Black Mask's torture, and even brought in Tattoo, but Black Mask escaped.

Also TDK had a Black Mask reference, which ties in perfectly to him having been at the time of The Joker:
Early rumors surrounding The Dark Knight alleged that an industrial heir would act as a villain toward Bruce Wayne,[1] pointing to Roman Sionis/Black Mask, although no such character was present in the film. A prisoner on the boat (played by Tommy Lister) can be seen with tattoos on his neck with the design and pattern of The Black Mask.
- Bane - Sounds interesting from what I've read and he has connections with Black Mask.

- Deadshot - Perhaps just a small part as a hired hitman by Black Mask or some other mob boss.

Maybe the opening 10min sequence could be Batman chasing down Deadshot on the Bat-Pod, then finding out who hired him... enter Black Mask?

- Riddler - IGN's thoughts were quite good for Riddler:

Given the ending of TDK, the most obvious antagonist for Batman to face in a third film would be Jim Gordon and the GCPD. With Batman now a wanted murderer (a cop killer to boot), it would make sense for the public and politicians to demand the GCPD bring in Batman once and for all. But seeing as how Batman has made short work of the cops in the past, they would need help catching him. The Mayor (or perhaps Boss Rupert Thorne) could demand that they bring in a hired gun to help get the job done. Enter the Riddler, who is currently portrayed in the comics as a good bad guy who helps the cops crack cases. He possesses a superior intellect and proves it by solving mysteries.

The trick with the Riddler is not portraying him as a Joker wannabe or a garish buffoon. By making him Batman's intellectual equivalent and a possible replacement hero for the city, he becomes more of a threat to Batman. What if Edward Nygma is brought in to find out who Batman really is and help the cops get him, but he secretly has his own nefarious agenda? Primary villain Talia al Ghul doesn't have to know that Bruce was Ra's pupil or is Batman, so her seeking Riddler's help would make that much more sense then. Whomever that next villain is their job will be to test Batman. Ra's al Ghul did so by seeing if Batman's compassion was also his weakness; the Joker pushed Batman to the brink of breaking his one rule (no killing) and almost revealing his true identity. Seeing as how the Riddler has always posed questions to Batman, he seems like the right villain to continue Nolan's tradition of testing Batman's ethical boundaries.

However, for some reason I have doubts The Riddler and not sure I'd want him in Batman 3.

- Talia al Ghul - Again IGN have an idea, and I think she could be an alright choice, and of course ties in with Batman Begins:

Employing a villain such as Talia al Ghul, the estranged daughter of Batman Begins' Ra's al Ghul, would not only tie Batman 3 back to the first film but also give the series a new female lead (and potential love interest) now that Rachel Dawes has been killed off. Talia could be out to finish the job her father had failed to do: destroy Gotham, which after TDK seems more hopeless than ever. Ra's may have had a Lazarus pit in the comics, but we don't see Nolan resorting to such comic book gimmickry to bring him back. Talia and a new League of Shadows would be enough. Talia would have the resources and will to bring about Gotham's destruction, the prevention of which might just put the Dark Knight back in the good graces of his hometown.

Personally I think I'd like Black Mask, possibly Bane and maybe a Deadshot cameo.

IMO the important thing for Batman is to stay away from CGI villians. The series has worked fantastically without it so far and it has such potential to ruin a film... see Spiderman 3!

Those were my reasons/ideas for including Black Mask in the third one.

He's my no.1 choice by a long-shot.

Sooo... what about two-face's crazy half-yellow suit, eh? I mean, am I the only one who noticed? Where did it come from!

I, too, was confused as to why batman chose to save harvey (it's ok, I understand now -- chill); not everyone hears/understands all the lines in every movie y'know. Plus I have the excuse of stupid foreigners talkign really loudly in teh cinema. yeah, because it's a different language it's not as loud? Wtf?

According to the Associated Press, Freeman, 71, is at the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn., about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta

wtf, morgan freeman is 71?!!?!

Sooo... what about two-face's crazy half-yellow suit, eh? I mean, am I the only one who noticed? Where did it come from!

You may have noticed something that....doesn't exist? He has his "half suit" but its half because its all burnt. I didn't see a yellow one. EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

I found that quite funny actually. Obviously it's a character trademark but since when did hospitals leave clothes on burn victims?

I found that quite funny actually. Obviously it's a character trademark but since when did hospitals leave clothes on burn victims?

Hes not wearing it in the hospital, but they must have just...kept it for him lol.

fair enough.

it is ridiculous though. I mean, they'd cut that off with massive scissors right away.

I am aware calling that ridiculous in a film about insane clowns on a terrorist rampage being defeated by a ninja trained billionaire in a bat suit is faintly pedantic, btw. :)

It didn't look burned though - i mean when a suit gets soaked in petrol then gets set on fire, I don't expect them to end up with swirly peacock-tail patterns. Need to find a screencap, or something...

tdk-twoface.jpg

... Well you can kinda see the burned suit here a bit. So is his hand burnt too?

Ive not read the thread, cant relly be bothered, but how did the joker get his scars?

He tells a few stories about it.

Did his dad do it and say 'why so serious' or did he do it to make his bitch of a wife feel better?

I think the Idea is that Joker tells these different stories because he himself doesn't really know or does know but has lost which ones is the real truth and over the years created several different stories. :)