NEurope
ReZourceman

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

Anyone seen it more than once, Seen it twice myself

I saw it twice in 3 days.

Much more satisfying viewing the second time round, things were clearer. (Still gave it 10/10 after first viewing)

I saw it twice in 3 days.

Much more satisfying viewing the second time round, things were clearer. (Still gave it 10/10 after first viewing)

Actually done the same myself saw it again three days later. Wasn't as good since obviously u know whats goin to happen be gives u a greater understand of the story, more the deep meaning of it

Ok, this was so freaking awesome. So awesome that it didnt even matter that I got neck ache from being in the 4th row, or the fact that there was a 12 year old chav in front yelling obscenities.

Awesome.

It would seem Two-Face is most probably a gonna:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/898/898426p1.html

Two-Face: Dead or Alive?

Books settle lingering TDK debate.

Although Dent apparently fell to his death during a standoff with Batman and Jim Gordon in a burnt-out warehouse, some fans have suggested that Dent might not be dead since there was no blood evident (it was rated PG-13, mind you, and there was no blood even when Batman beat the snot out of Joker in the interrogation room). Also, no coffin was seen at the Dent memorial that Gordon spoke at so some have wondered if that meant Dent was simply locked away or hospitalized somewhere. Given that Heath Ledger is dead, fans also suggested that perhaps Two-Face could be brought back as the villain in Batman 3 since recasting the Joker has been met with less than overwhelming approval from fans.

TDK producer Emma Thomas fueled doubts about Dent's demise when IGN asked her about it following a press screening in late May. She told us that Dent's fate was somewhat ambivalent, and that fans could interpret it either way they'd like.

But was that the filmmakers' intention? According to two new tie-in books, no. In the movie novelization, author Dennis O'Neil wrote, "Dent was sprawled, neck twisted, the mutilated side of his face exposed, his left eye open and staring sightlessly. He was obviously dead."

And just to hammer the point home further, the script by Jonah and Christopher Nolan -- included in The Dark Knight: Featuring Production Art and Full Shooting Script -- states, "Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken. DEAD." The capitalization is their emphasis not ours. And in a later scene, "Gordon stands on a podium at Dent's funeral. Behind him is a large photograph of Dent smiling."

So there you have it, fans. The brothers Nolan killed off Two-Face. It makes you wonder if they flipped a coin to decide his fate before they wrote the scene.

Ok, this was so freaking awesome. So awesome that it didnt even matter that I got neck ache from being in the 4th row, or the fact that there was a 12 year old chav in front yelling obscenities.

Awesome.

Agreed... and that kid was a little gay...

I saw it the day it came out, and then again the following afternoon.

Not seen it since, but will do.

I really don't mind either way. I feel that if he comes back, he could have some story to give....although he has really served his purpose,so...maybe in fact Id prefer he didnt return after writing this post, heh heh.

Saw it last night - awesome! Not been a big batman fan but thought i'd go and see what the fuss was about and now i want to go back to the beginning and go through all the batman films again. i'm hooked on the story.

p.s. two face will be back...

Two-Face was never going to come back...I mean, not only was he obviously dead, he was done to perfection in DK. What would he do in a sequel? Revert to his comic self and commit crimes based aroudn the number 2?!

Please.

For one of my least favourite members of Batman's rogue's gallery. He's one of my favourites ever commited to screen in a Batman film. (By Eckhart)

that's been my thing with all the 'zomg! Depp for Joker!' talk.

why?

what would they possibly gain from doing villains twice? They're making a finite number of films so can't we just let them do new stuff?

Mm-mm.

----

Not that I think she's a good choice for a Nolan Batman film, but I've seen some awesome pics of Harley Quinn designs. I particularly like these 2. (Though the second is more a leather version of her classic outfit)

qqoizd.jpg

bermejovo0.jpg

Leather looks really bad though if the person wearing it isn't extremely curvy / sexually appealing.

I mean, Harley Quinn in leather would have to be played by a Michelle Pfeiffer-esque sexy actress.

that's been my thing with all the 'zomg! Depp for Joker!' talk.
Havn't heard that rumour at all.

Depp for Riddler I've heard, and that could work, though he may be to 'big' for the role.

Ugh, please no Depp.

Anyway after the second viewing last night, I got to appreciate all the elements more. My score is unchanged however, but yeah its fucking amazing.

It was funny....at the dead Batman imposter jump bit I knew it was coming so watched the cinema. It was so funny they all jumped, it was brill, haha.

And the bit when Batman says who hes going after is ENTIRELY understandable how people get confused at that bit and don't realise Joker told him switched addresses. At that point very loud drums start, and you can only just make out what Gordon says, and Batman almost says it under his breath/but yelling. And when he does get to Dent it cuts to his emotionless face for about half a second, and thats it really. Couple that with the fact that so many people don't realise, it really is undeniable.

The music is way too loud at the beginning and end though. And the scene where Bruce is stitching himself up is hurrendously edited.

But yeah amazing. 9.4 still solidly.

I think Two-Face should return, then kill the Joker for ruining his shit. Meaning those throwing their toys out of the pram might not even see someone else playing the Joker.

Then as Two-Face goes on a delightful vigilante spree. People will start feeling the Batman love once more as he pimpsmacks Dent.

Currently at the moment it is holdin a 94% rating on rotten tomatoes. Its hilarious that pretty much and the critics who gave it bad reviews are from new york. Why that is happening i don't know, unless they had some meeting in a warehouse somewhere in new york and decided to hate this film. One of the critics has hated every comic book film that has come out, i can understand some like the first hulk film and fantastic four, but he hated iron man for god sake how could u hate that film:nono: :nono: :nono: