NEurope
ReZourceman

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm with the whole "you can't compare them" side.

How many people do you see comparing Heath's the Cesar's?

Nicholson was fantastic. Ledger was fantastic.

Well... not that many people saw Cesar's performance :X

Also, they're literally pointless to compare. The 60's Batman show wasn't serious in any way, it was light entertainment.

Nicholson and Ledger played Joker in a serious environment.

Also, they're literally pointless to compare. The 60's Batman show wasn't serious in any way, it was light entertainment.

Nicholson and Ledger played Joker in a serious environment.

60's show - Campy

Burton's Films - Comical

Nonal's Films - Serious

Totally different characters and moods. Pointless to compare.

Yeah, because seeing Penguin biting a nose off a men and seeing McDonald's stop the Happy Meal as soon as the movie was screened = Comical

60's show - Campy

Burton's Films - Comical

Nonal's Films - Serious

Burton's films weren't lacking in darkness though. Compared to the actually dark Nolan films, yeah they were. Relative to the 60's show, they were worlds apart.

2 serious Jokers = Comparable. Or at least you can say which you prefer. Ledger's Joker was a better character, in any case. You can prefer the clown-ishness of Nicholson, but I don't.

Yeah, because a man who drives a giant duck, living in the sewers with penguins for 30+ years = Serious

I don't prefer any Joker, I love both their performances the same. I just don't like now this film has come out all these people immediately declaring Nicholson's as crap.

Yeah, because a man who drives a giant duck, living in the sewers with penguins for 30+ years = Serious

Doesn't matter tough, No More Heroes is a ridiculous game and funny, it still has a lot of violence, so... Dark...

Batman is the same... funny, still, has lots of violence and isn't directed to kids, so... Dark..

Being this movie dark, Joker is dark too...

Being Joker dark and Heath Ledger's Joker dark too, that means they can be comparated...

Why does serious equal realistic to you?

It's based of a superhero comic, for heaven's sake. Be thankful they didn't let Penguin use his trick umbrellas more than he already did.

Burton protrayed Penguin and Catwoman perfectly, managing to make them not uterly ridiculous (60's), while still making they dramatic villains.

if you can't see that Burton's films are more serious AND realistic than the 60's, you've gone bonkers.

Why does serious equal realistic to you?

It's based of a superhero comic, for heaven's sake.

60's show - Campy

Burton's Films - Comical

Nonal's Films - Serious

errrrr yeah

That doesn't make sense, as much as you want it to do it...

Burton movies were all serious, what was comical were Forever and Batman and Robin...

errrrr yeah

Comical as a description makes no sense.

The 60's shows just keyed off what was the style in the comics, same with Burton's films and now Nolan's films. Batman comics have come a long way since the 60's, and the film reflect that (except Schumacher, but I'm not including them).

So all 3 era's are comical.

I've just seen the a horrible video on Youtube of papparazzi interviewing Nicholson immediately after Ledgers death. Actually made me feel a bit sick!

Nicholson goes on to my 'who I'd punch in the face' list! and I would..... repeatedly!

Hiyaz' posts are made of lolz.

--------

LULZ!

------

Topping the box offfice for a fourth consecutive weekend, The Dark Knight has moved into third place all time.

Rallying past Friday leader Pineapple Express with a strong Saturday, The Dark Knight brought in an estimated $26.0 million to Pineapple Express' $22.4 million.

The Batman sequel has brought in $441.5 million, passing Shrek 2's $441.2 million for third place all time. The Dark Knight is expected to pass Star Wars' $460.9 million this week and finish second all time behind Titanic's $600.7 million.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army was 10th over the weekend with $1.2 million, pushing its total to $73.5 million. The first Hellboy did $59.6 million in 2004.

Wanted was 15th over the weekend with $0.7 million, pushing its total to $132.6 million.

Iron Man appears to be the No. 2 film of the summer with $316.4 million, and The Incredible Hulk stands at $133.8 million.

I saw it on sat night. Was pretty good. Joker was immense. However, I kept laughing at Batmans voice. I mean seriously it's so funny.

Did anyone else notice that the girl Maroni was chatting to in the club was Mandy from Hollyoaks? no just me then......

I saw it on sat night. Was pretty good. Joker was immense. However, I kept laughing at Batmans voice. I mean seriously it's so funny.

Did anyone else notice that the girl Maroni was chatting to in the club was Mandy from Hollyoaks? no just me then......

Yeah I knew was gonna be in it going into the film, but she had one of the smallest parts ever!