NEurope

The auction house is ONLY available to people on your friends list!

Tom Nook makes you do EXACTLY the same tasks as he did in Wild World and the Cube version.

You can't wear an accessories as your Mii.

There's NO extra multiplayer games or stuff.

Nintendo? You are fucking retarded. What the hell have the undoubtedly hundreds of people developing this game been working on?!?! Fuck me is it frustrating!

1The auction house is ONLY available to people on your friends list!

2Tom Nook makes you do EXACTLY the same tasks as he did in Wild World and the Cube version.

3You can't wear an accessories as your Mii.

4There's NO extra multiplayer games or stuff.

Nintendo? You are fucking retarded. What the hell have the undoubtedly hundreds of people developing this game been working on?!?! Fuck me is it frustrating!

Calm down, breathe. 1, that's great, with the ammount of hackers out there, I wouldn't buy items from someone I didn't trust, 2 Tom Nook's tasks are an incredibely small part that gets out of the way quickly, 3 sucks, 4 what the hell, since when was AC about games. I mean asides from the NES ones, the games in the er... game are supposed to be done by the player, like racing, fishing, catching bugs, etc... Seriously.

I'll enjoy the game, never played the other 2 ^^

Then it's totally right for you, since this is a mix of the first 2 with a few new things.

I've never been very bothered, although Nintendo did miss the boat to do something even more fresh, because if, say, I started my DS game all over again, it'd be a new experience anyway, even if it's not a new game. So with basically the best of two worlds, improved online and whatnot, I'm really pumped for it. I mean, watchin KK Slider with a friend online? Maybe even singalong with WiiSpeak? Count me in.

Calm down, breathe. 1, that's great, with the ammount of hackers out there, I wouldn't buy items from someone I didn't trust, 2 Tom Nook's tasks are an incredibely small part that gets out of the way quickly, 3 sucks, 4 what the hell, since when was AC about games. I mean asides from the NES ones, the games in the er... game are supposed to be done by the player, like racing, fishing, catching bugs, etc... Seriously.

:) It would have been nice for their to have been more options in multiplayer. A more robust system for fishing and bug cacthing - put money on it etc. Yes youc an do this yourself, and I did with the DS version, but it would have been nice for it to have put it in...... (I don't mean videogames)

Also, has it been confirmed if the hide and seek game can be played with humans!

And the auction house ISN'T a good thing it only being friends. You don't want to buy off strangers? Fine, I do! Why isn't this possible, it's insanity at it's greatest? What if I only have 2 people on my friedns list? Only 2 people get to bid on my stuff?

I'm getting this game, I'll enjoy it, but this game could have been completely and utterly incredible with VERY simple changes!

After reading Iwata Asks I'm even more excited about the game. It seems that there is a much higher level of interaction with the animals in your town and although a minor part of the game the whole 'wearing grass down' concept seems incredibly novel.

Short of including the opportunity for incredibly complex relationships with the animals in your town, which would have been incredibly difficult and time consuming for the developers to work out, it seems like there wasn't really anything else that Nintendo could do with the game. And before someone calls foul and starts talking about making Animal Crossing an MMO, I'd like to say that an MMO Animal Crossing would just feel wrong. To me Animal Crossing has always been about your town and the people in it, i'm sure i'll still find enjoyment in the Wifi Connection aspects of the game, but I just can't wait to get back into meeting all the neurotic characters and trying to pay off my mortgage again.

Considering that in the first day the game came out there were already people with very very expensive items, ie hacking, I wouldn't want to buy hacked items or get hacked money. That fucking ruined PSO.

After reading Iwata Asks I'm even more excited about the game.

I was just looking at the Iwata Asks, too. They do put the game in a good light, but the Iwata Asks things are always a good read but like, they aren't gonna talk negatively about the game they made themselves.

Iwata: (laughter)

I'm going back to Wild World before I move in to a new town on the Wii next month, anyone want to visit my town (or vice versa) this evening?

I really like some of the new clothes and hats.

You can get a Toad hat, Wario hat (and moustache I think) Samus Varia suit Helmet, Link's hat and tunic, Majora's mask, and Minda mask

I'm going back to Wild World before I move in to a new town on the Wii next month, anyone want to visit my town (or vice versa) this evening?

If I'm home I'd like that :)

:) It would have been nice for their to have been more options in multiplayer. A more robust system for fishing and bug cacthing - put money on it etc. Yes youc an do this yourself, and I did with the DS version, but it would have been nice for it to have put it in...... (I don't mean videogames)

Also, has it been confirmed if the hide and seek game can be played with humans!

And the auction house ISN'T a good thing it only being friends. You don't want to buy off strangers? Fine, I do! Why isn't this possible, it's insanity at it's greatest? What if I only have 2 people on my friedns list? Only 2 people get to bid on my stuff?

I'm getting this game, I'll enjoy it, but this game could have been completely and utterly incredible with VERY simple changes!

See I have been properly excited for this game in the last few months but then I wasn't and now I am again...But there are still these niggling doubts that I could just play the cube version, the ds version, or if I really wanted to ask my mate if I can borrow his jap N64 and Animal Forest.

Should I get this game, my heart says yes, my head says no!

See I have been properly excited for this game in the last few months but then I wasn't and now I am again...But there are still these niggling doubts that I could just play the cube version, the ds version, or if I really wanted to ask my mate if I can borrow his jap N64 and Animal Forest.

In the almighty words of Bryan Adams, "Listen to your heart, babe"!

In the almighty words of Bryan Adams, "Listen to your heart, babe"!

lol!

I think the fact it is so different to a lot of other things on the market which gets it some brownie points.

Also, not understanding what tha animals are saying sounds kinda... detracting from the experience. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of online, but I'm quite looking forward to chillin with you guys and talking with WiiSpeak while we fish or something.

You COULD just play them again, but how many people are still playing them. At least if you get the WIi version we can all grow together and it'll become much more social, makes it more fun. Thats my reasoning, I just hope I don't think about 'what could have been' too often :)

You COULD just play them again, but how many people are still playing them. At least if you get the WIi version we can all grow together and it'll become much more social, makes it more fun. Thats my reasoning, I just hope I don't think about 'what could have been' too often :)

Yeah I guess. there are just so many little ideas that could have been added that I and I reckon most people thought of as well...ah well I will pick it up...not gonna get wiispeak at first will see how many people use it and whether I can save the money and just type.

Comparison video of the 3 games on 1up;

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171412

Japan first day sales

Chrono Trigger DS (NDS, Square Enix): 176.000 St. (46 %)

Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii, Nintendo): 117.000 St. (23 %)

Last Remnant (Xbox 360, Square Enix): 79.000 St. (61 %)

Animal Crossing: City Folk inkl. WiiSpeak (Wii, Nintendo): 58.000 St. (20 %)

Otomedius G (Xbox 360, Konami): 7.400 St. (50 %)

MotorStorm 2 (PS3, Sony): 4.300 St. (19 %)

Mercenaries 2 (Xbox 360, EA): 2.700 St. (30 %)

not bad first day sales...I am thinking of cancelling my preorder...

Wait before you pounce on me though! Just gonna pick it up on 15th instead when I get paid. Resistance 2 is out the week before this comes out so means won't have much time for it and I finish work on 16th for xmas holidays so will have a ton of time to devote to Animal Crossing then!

Count me in with the disappointed crowd on this one. Played the GC game to bits and loved it. The DS version is also fantastic and gets played regularly. Looking at the Wii version, I just can't help but feel cheated. They've done, in reality, absolutely nothing to the game. Added nothing of any great note, and improved nothing overall. Like Dazzy says, what the hell have Nintendo done with the time?

I'm sure I will pick it up, since I sold my GC version a long while ago and quite miss it. But I'll be damned if I'm paying full price for it. I'll wait till later next year and pick it up on the cheap, thanks. In the meantime I'll carry on with the DS version. I'm not paying £30 for it. Maybe £15-20 next year.

Upset about that, really.

the percentage shows how much of the shipment have been used from 100% percentage.

example: 19% means 81% is left in stock

Houdy people, I've finally decided to get active on here.

Its nice to see people going through the same process as me with this. A month ago I was ademant I wasn't going to buy the same game 3 times... but that was a month ago. I love the series (enough to get up at 6 in the morning 3 times to to the exercising in the GC game) but it seemed that not alot has been done with the Wii game. I tried satisfying myself by revisiting WW and got sucked in again (go a healthy crop of hybrid flowers going). After reading Iwatta asks I'm even more sure I'm getting this.

Whilst the DS game was good, the communication seemed a little unwieldy. Not being able to send letters between towns and deserted towns when friends visited meant that the online mode wasn't really animal crossing. Now that these things have been corrected and with expanded dialogue trees my irrational compulsion to buy is slighly more justfied.

I still have high hopes for the series. Dreams of a soap opera in animalese, story arcs added via connect24 over the life of the game... beign able to be an apprentice to NPC's (mail sorting for Pelly a la windwaker, identifying fossils or feeding fish for blathers, keeping lookout for Redd while he does "business" or playing backing band for K.K.) still live on in my head, it might just take a while to get there.

Considering that in the first day the game came out there were already people with very very expensive items, ie hacking, I wouldn't want to buy hacked items or get hacked money. That fucking ruined PSO.

Yup, poor PSO. The fact it was all client-sided saving and not server-sided kind of doomed the thing to oblivion. Didn't stop the game being fantastic though, and revolutionary for the time IMO. What a game that was...I was a L110 HUmar! Animal crossing also - let's face it, the DS version was similarly doomed since it's on the DS and gameshark codes are easily obtainable. The gamecube version of AC was pretty cool for the time, but I think they should probably have stopped there. Either that, or done a little more to it.

Yup, poor PSO. The fact it was all client-sided saving and not server-sided kind of doomed the thing to oblivion. Didn't stop the game being fantastic though, and revolutionary for the time IMO. What a game that was...I was a L110 HUmar! Animal crossing also - let's face it, the DS version was similarly doomed since it's on the DS and gameshark codes are easily obtainable. The gamecube version of AC was pretty cool for the time, but I think they should probably have stopped there. Either that, or done a little more to it.

Thing is, you only play with people you traded FCs with, so it's much more controlable.

But yeah PSO still was awesome ^^

not bad first day sales...I am thinking of cancelling my preorder...

Wait befo

*white flashes, berserk mode*