NEurope

i recall WiiSpeak should be available without Animal Crossing- is that right? Not that there is a great deal to do with it until The Conduit.

LOL! did you read the rest of my thread though :heh:

Gametrailers review up;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43105.html

:P perhaps

i recall WiiSpeak should be available without Animal Crossing- is that right? Not that there is a great deal to do with it until The Conduit.

There's always Wii Speak Channel

Gametrailers review up;

I watched it, and you know what? I liked what I seen. I was getting in the Animal Crossing mood when watching it, and it was a nice wee trip down memory lane. The thing is, thats the problem- and they highlighted it quite a bit throughout the review. Its just the exact same stuff over again. :( If there was new stuff to do in it then I'd be up for it all again, but I feel like I got my fill of Wild World on DS.

I've never played it on N64 or GC, but I feel like Animal Crossing is suited well to the portable play that DS allows. Seeing as the game is realtime, you aren't always going to be at home to pop into your village and see what's happening.

LOL! did you read the rest of my thread though :heh:

Gametrailers review up;

Right, that's surprised me. I think that looks fantastic. After my earlier moaning!

It looks much better now than when I saw it before. Watching it moving and seeing the new town, I have to say now I reckon I'll pick it up. I don't think I'll pay full price though, but I will definitely be buying that.

I watched it, and you know what? I liked what I seen. I was getting in the Animal Crossing mood when watching it, and it was a nice wee trip down memory lane. The thing is, thats the problem- and they highlighted it quite a bit throughout the review. Its just the exact same stuff over again. :( If there was new stuff to do in it then I'd be up for it all again, but I feel like I got my fill of Wild World on DS.

I've never played it on N64 or GC, but I feel like Animal Crossing is suited well to the portable play that DS allows. Seeing as the game is realtime, you aren't always going to be at home to pop into your village and see what's happening.

I do feel the same have that nostalgia for the game. My only two little niggles I have right now are;

1. The items, in the gametrailers reviews it says there are a few new items but no new sets. So we are basically importing our WW items then forced to pay Nook again to order them and then even items being found in the new villiage are just rehashes of items from Wild World...sigh... I fear such things might be added as DLC later....

2. Why oh why did we not see the return on collectable NES games? They added such a buzz everytime you recieved a present or dug something up... Yes I know I know, it wouldn't happen with VC now a major Nintendo cash cow, but how about demo's? Like in Smash Bros I know its not quite the same but it would make a nice compromise...

I don't even at the moment mind so much that the city is just rehashed shops in one convinient location, it kinda makes sense as it allows users who aren't going to go to their village every day can still get access to things such as Redd's store and all the rare items he offers.

Still not gonna pick up WiiSpeak as don't wanna pay for it, recently picked up a USB keyboard for £8 to use for both this and my PS3 (when not using me headset on that) will do me just fine...

According to neogaf user Andrex:

Game:

25% New Items and Songs

Every Previous Villager and then Some

New Item Types

Huge Amount of New Clothing

Silver Tools in Addition to Golden Ones

New Nintendo Items (Tom Nook Point System):

500 points - Banana (Mario Kart)

800 points - Triple Shells (Mario Kart)

1,000 points - Yoshi's Egg

2,500 points - Bad Bro 'Stache (Wario)

3,000 points - Toad Cap

4,000 points - Peach's Parasol

5,000 points - Hero's Clothes, Varia Suit, or Wario Cap

6,000 points - Hero's Cap, Majora's Mask, or Samus Mask

6,500 points - Midna's Mask (Twilight Princess)

10,000 points - Kart (Mario Kart)

Is anyone actually going to import their character and Tom Nook catalogue? In my opinion, that'd be taking half of the fun out of the game. I like starting afresh.

I dunno, I just wanna import mine, because I want to be able to get my Master Sword, Triforce and Arwing in case I can't get them in the game. Just these, I wouldn't buy any other item. But I think if push comes to shove and I can't find them, I'll just create a 2nd character and import it I suppose.

I dunno, I just wanna import mine, because I want to be able to get my Master Sword, Triforce and Arwing in case I can't get them in the game. Just these, I wouldn't buy any other item. But I think if push comes to shove and I can't find them, I'll just create a 2nd character and import it I suppose.

Yeah good idea, I may just import my DS character as a secondary inhabitant. All of the items are there from previous games though, I'm guessing they're all obtainable in some way or another.

I think I'll be transferring my WW character, I'm too lazy to start from scratch. Plus I have loads of the Nintendo set I want to transfer.

I'm starting from scratch eitherway, even if I transfer my character, I'd just like the safety of having those rare items on the catalog.

Reading through that Neogaf thread has confirmed my suspicions, they really have made interaction with the villagers a lot more interesting, I can't wait for this game now.

This picture brings me much delight.

RUU_0001_10.jpg

Is anyone actually going to import their character and Tom Nook catalogue? In my opinion, that'd be taking half of the fun out of the game. I like starting afresh.

thought about that and i would rather start again from scratch and trade in animal crossing wild world for £16.00

I'm starting from scratch eitherway, even if I transfer my character, I'd just like the safety of having those rare items on the catalog.

Yeah thats what I am doing to...

Was that Link Hellfire brought up real, or was it photoshopped?

I'm looking forward to this game, I'm slowly accepting it for what it is, and as long as I get LAODS of regular AC users on my list I think the auction house will prove to be a good bet too!

Does anyone how many FRIENDS you can have? Hopefully it is not limited to the retarded 32 of the usual!! Mario Kart is stupidly annoying with this, I have to delete and readd players all the time!

I've not been on the Animal Crossing website at all, but I seen on Gonintendo that there is a downloadable calender which shows when certain events are set to happen. I'm probably easy to please, but I find that to be pretty cool.

Its downloadable via this link. Just select PC or Mac and you're away!

Can someone answer this for me. When you have exchanged a FC can you visit that persons village anytime you want or do they have to be online?

Can someone answer this for me. When you have exchanged a FC can you visit that persons village anytime you want or do they have to be online?

Any time! :D That's the magic of WiiConnect24.

Good stuff! Im ordering/preordering a few Wii games at the moment and I will now add this to the list.

No, this isn't true. Stop building up peoples hopes :D

You can only visit towns when they open the doors as per Wild World.... :(

No, this isn't true. Stop building up peoples hopes :D

You can only visit towns when they open the doors as per Wild World.... :(

Iwata Asks said that you could do that...