NEurope

Hey everyone! Haven't been on the n-europe forums for quite some time now, but it's getting colder and darker outside with the winter being here and that means more time for gaming for me :P

Anyhow, really psyched about this game, I'll be getting it tomorrow (assuming it won't be sold out eerywhere :P). I'm just wondering whether to get WiiSpeak or not... I don't buy new games that often, so the only game I will be using it for will be AC for a long time to come. And if there aren't that many people using it (I even read in an interview that some of the testers didn't use it even though they could :\ ) it's kind of a waste of money.

On the other hand, if there are plenty of people who utilise the peripheral, it might just be wothwile getting one, since it would make communicating a lot more fun & easy.

So I guess what I'm asking is, will you be getting WiiSpeak with your copy of AC? And how much do you save on getting the bundle instead of buying both separate anyway?

Did anyone else order form Gameplay. I always use them but lately they don't seem to get the games out on a Thursday, when they always used to. I didn't get my AC with WiiSpeak today.

I've been looking forward to this game for quite a while.

My copy arrived today from good old GAME. icon14.gif

By the way, US Wild World is not compatible with PAL Let's go to the City. Tried to move my character over earlier on but it wouldn't work. Not sure if that was common knowledge already, but figured I'd mention it just in case anyone was unsure.

For the best probably as now I have no choice but to start from scratch. :heh:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shakehead all my hard work and collecting on Wild World for nothing.

Just got in myself and attempted to set up and download Wii speak as well-have to wait till this evening. Going to pop in Animal crossing and give it a whirl in a moment.

I'm now free of Nook's hold making me work for him, then I went fishing for a while and caught a load of fish, including some of the new ones.

Tangy is currently a resident in all 3 versions of Animal Crossing, I couldn't believe he was in my ACWii town as well.

I also transferred my WW data over.

Mine arrived this morning but I haven't spend too much time (hardly any actually) with it.

I did manage to get the Nook tasks out of the way and it was good to be back in the AC world again , but I also finally picked up a 360 today so I am going to be struggling to find time for everything.

What the fuck are GAME playing at!? It's still not despatched!!

What do people think of WiiSpeak?

Did you preorder late-maybe then ran out of copies?

At the moment it's still not downloadable. The code you get with Wii speak needs to be entered via an option on the setting menu called "Redeem Code" which is missing from my setting menu. I'd hoped it would be added with the update of the VC/Wiiware games this evening but it's not yet been added.

I'd guess it might go "live" at the same time as American?

I better get my copy from GAME today. Im finished work for the weekend and I planned on playing this most of the time.

So Gameplay have still not delivered, They have only just taken the money taken out my account today, and the account tracking still says "Preparing for Despatch". I've lost all faith in Gameplay now.

OK, It seemed Gameplay had a problem with their supply, and have only just go tthem in. I rang them up and asked. They couldn't guarantee when the game was goin gto be sent, so I asked them to cance; my order, which they did. So I'm off to the shops to buy it.

So Gameplay have still not delivered, They have only just taken the money taken out my account today, and the account tracking still says "Preparing for Despatch". I've lost all faith in Gameplay now.

OK, It seemed Gameplay had a problem with their supply, and have only just go tthem in. I rang them up and asked. They couldn't guarantee when the game was goin gto be sent, so I asked them to cance; my order, which they did. So I'm off to the shops to buy it.

Seeing as Gameplay and Game are the same company im assuming thats why dazzybees has yet to be sent aswell. Strange how some got sent early ( RedShell ), others later ( myself and Tellyn ) and some not at all ( Dazzy ):wtf:

My postie still hasnt been yet so im still no further forward in knowing whether I will recieve it today or not.

EDIT: ITS HERE!!!!

I want to call GAME and cancel but there's not a number on their site. Can anyone help?

I'm iffing and ahhing over this (as folk say round my parts). I'm desperately disappointed by the lack of features, but i'm being drawn to it all the same.

For those who have it, can you visit others' towns when they're not online? I'm right in thinking you can't send mail unless your in their town? What are the online features exactly?

I'm iffing and ahhing over this (as folk say round my parts). I'm desperately disappointed by the lack of features, but i'm being drawn to it all the same.

For those who have it, can you visit others' towns when they're not online? I'm right in thinking you can't send mail unless your in their town? What are the online features exactly?

You can't visit when not online :(

I want this but it just feels like im being sold the same game for a 3rd time.. ok theres minor differences and you can now talk to people online but its still not enougth. I WISH Nintendo had kept this back a year and added lots of new stuff.

I want this but it just feels like im being sold the same game for a 3rd time.. ok theres minor differences and you can now talk to people online but its still not enougth. I WISH Nintendo had kept this back a year and added lots of new stuff.

I've got to agree. Its like Nintendo woke up the morning of E3 and thought "shit, we've forgotten Christmas"- much like they've forgotten 2008 in general.

For what its worth, IGN UK have their review up. It pretty much just reiterates everything we've already read and heard elsewhere. The closing comments do a good job summing it all up:

Closing Comments

Ultimately, the trouble with Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City isn't what's actually been delivered, it's what hasn't. There's so much potential in the franchise that it's disappointing when Nintendo doesn't seize the opportunity to expand on the series. Realistically though, disappointing doesn't make a bad game and, in truth, bar a few reservations, Let's Go to the City is just as good as the excellent handheld forebear it apes so closely. Even if you've worked your way through previous iterations, it's as compulsively addictive as always although its easy to resent the familiarity of it all. Old-hands have every right to give this a wide birth but newcomers will find a thoroughly charming, seductively engaging package that won't just take over you life but leave you cowering at the mercy of the world's most sadistic raccoon.

If anyone wants to read the full thing, it can be found here:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/935/935560p1.html

I ain't been on here in quite some time, but thought you guys could help..i preordered the Animal Crossing and Wii Speak bundle back on 4/11/08 from GAME online but mine still says preorder picking and packing! Surely i should have got this today?

Are the people who recieved theres just got the game or the wii speak bundle version from GAME?

Thanks! : peace:

Went to pick up a Wii Speak Unit for Christmas today, couldn't find it separately anywhere, so I had to get it with the game. :(

Still, 48 quid at Toys R Us was a pretty good deal, although I'll have to wait 20 days to try it out. :D

I ain't been on here in quite some time, but thought you guys could help..i preordered the Animal Crossing and Wii Speak bundle back on 4/11/08 from GAME online but mine still says preorder picking and packing! Surely i should have got this today?

Are the people who recieved theres just got the game or the wii speak bundle version from GAME?

Thanks! : peace:

Hey Owen, glad to see your alright. Dazzybee is in the same pickle as you as his still hasnt been shipped either. Mine arrived today and that was the bundle pack with Wii Speak. It could be that there has been a supply issue and since your order was close to release day then it could take a while to process.

Dazzy the only thing I can suggest to you is phone your nearest GAME shop and see if they have a contact number for you. I was in a situation the other week and I neded to contact them, the only way was email and it took them a freaking week to get back to me!

Ive spent 2 hours on this and so far I have paid off Nooks loan, visted the city and changed my face to young Link, done lots of tasks for my neighbours, been fishing and in keeping with the season I bought a Christmas tree for my house :)

received mine with wii speak yesterday from game . living it :) i playe dthe cube and ds version loads too, this has enough new features to keep me happy .

add me guys

FC: 0431-2020-6373

Town Fruit: Pears

msn [email protected] so we can chat and arrange a time .

Hey Owen, glad to see your alright. Dazzybee is in the same pickle as you as his still hasnt been shipped either. Mine arrived today and that was the bundle pack with Wii Speak. It could be that there has been a supply issue and since your order was close to release day then it could take a while to process.

Dazzy the only thing I can suggest to you is phone your nearest GAME shop and see if they have a contact number for you. I was in a situation the other week and I neded to contact them, the only way was email and it took them a freaking week to get back to me!

Ive spent 2 hours on this and so far I have paid off Nooks loan, visted the city and changed my face to young Link, done lots of tasks for my neighbours, been fishing and in keeping with the season I bought a Christmas tree for my house :)

Hey matey, you ok?! Thing is dude, i was checking the website for the Animal Crossing/Wii Speak bundle on a daily basis and i can honestly say i think i was like a day out from preordering to when it was put on the website! Do you know when you preordered it? Cause i'm sure it was only put on the website around 4/11/08! :)

EDIT: No worries it may have been dispatched right this minute, just got a email, least it hasn't been lost in post! :)

H-O-T and Redshell, you'll have to give me your town info and stuff..so we can chat on wii-speak!

Hey matey, you ok?! Thing is dude, i was checking the website for the Animal Crossing/Wii Speak bundle on a daily basis and i can honestly say i think i was like a day out from preordering to when it was put on the website! Do you know when you preordered it? Cause i'm sure it was only put on the website around 4/11/08! :)

EDIT: No worries it may have been dispatched right this minute, just got a email, least it hasn't been lost in post! :)

H-O-T and Redshell, you'll have to give me your town info and stuff..so we can chat on wii-speak!

Hey how you doing Owen? You've disappeared for a while, you okay? Back for good?

Mine just got shipped too, so hopefully tomorrow.

Will be great to play with you guys, though WiiSpeak will be a bit weird! :D

I'm such a grumpy F**ker "Nothing new, blah blah blah"... However, temptation is far too great... PURCHASED.

I popped over to Adams Town this afternoon in the hope of either buying an Axe or a Bug net but Nooks had neither.

Adam very kindly let me help myself to his apples and once I get an axe I'II be sure to grow an orchard in my own town.

Invited Adam over and he collected some of my oranges and did a spot of fishing, but shortly after my Wii froze-bloody connection So I had to pull the plug on my Wii to get it to reset. (Grr) I did go out and buy a Wii LAN connection today as well-but the used cable I got at GAME was too short and I had to switch back to wireless.

Sigh'