N-Europe

Halo 3 Kid. In 10 years time..

Dyson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why you're all talking about the right to bear arms. It was a .22. We can have .22s in England. Me and Strider both have one.

The thing though is, the laws in the states are a lot less strict when it comes to guns. If they were more strict, perhaps the parents wouldn't have the gun regardless if it was legal or not. I think alot of people in the states buy a gun just for the sake of having one.

The thing though is, the laws in the states are a lot less strict when it comes to guns. If they were more strict, perhaps the parents wouldn't have the gun regardless if it was legal or not. I think alot of people in the states buy a gun just for the sake of having one.

That's more about the gun culture rather than the actual laws. But I agree that there will be a relation between the 2.

And surely this can't be accidental. Anyone who has ever used a .22 will know that they aren't very powerful. Any bone round the skull would stop it. The only way I can think is if he shot it from under his jaw.

Oh Jesus.... I read Masse's post before I read the news article... and Masse was kidding... shit, this really happened?

EDIT: WTF, I just checked his page. He's alive.

In the last page, we found out that the kid who died wasn't Halo 3 kid.

The image of the latter was used to illustrate the news story. That's the only connection between the two.

Firstly, what an amazingly talented little lad, I think he's great and reminds me of a more talented version of me when I was young. I used to recreate things with lego!

I'm sad that the other kid died, and it's really tastless to see some sites are using pics of Halo 3 kid to illustrate another story.

Thirdly, .22 rifles are available here, they're not very dangerous at all. This was an accident. The way some people talk on here they'd ban everything and put us all in padded rooms so we couldn't harm ourselves.

Firstly, what an amazingly talented little lad, I think he's great and reminds me of a more talented version of me when I was young. I used to recreate things with lego!

I'm sad that the other kid died, and it's really tastless to see some sites are using pics of Halo 3 kid to illustrate another story.

Thirdly, .22 rifles are available here, they're not very dangerous at all. This was an accident. The way some people talk on here they'd ban everything and put us all in padded rooms so we couldn't harm ourselves.

No matter how dangerous they are, they still killed the poor kid.

Guns are dangerous and should locked away safely, or harder to get a hold of.

No one said you can't get them in the UK, but im glad its harder to get guns here.

No matter how dangerous they are, they still killed the poor kid.

Guns are dangerous and should locked away safely, or harder to get a hold of.

No one said you can't get them in the UK, but im glad its harder to get guns here.

Accidents happen, and of course we should make sure that accidents happen less often. But there are far too many liberals on this board who would ban everything!

Accidents happen, and of course we should make sure that accidents happen less often. But there are far too many liberals on this board who would ban everything!

That's bollocks and you know it. We're discussing America's ridiculous stance on guns and that's it. After all the shootings in schools, this kid dying can't they see they need to rethink it all? If you can't see that then you're blind. Who cares if it's "not" that dangerous at all? It still killed a child.

Nop, i think Zechs is right.

Europe is too anti-America. (Most of it)

No matter what they do, we only insult.

Do we ban stairs when someone falls from them and dies? No, we don't.

Guns are for protection, they protect us from illegal robbers and things like that, if a kid managed to get it, then it was mostly his fault.

Also, we have to admit, Halo 3 helped in the case, don't blame just the guns.

Guns are for protection, they protect us from illegal robbers and things like that, if a kid managed to get it, then it was mostly his fault.

Dont even start blaming video games!

Its too easy to pick a scape goat, its the parent/gun owners fault.

That's bollocks and you know it. We're discussing America's ridiculous stance on guns and that's it. After all the shootings in schools, this kid dying can't they see they need to rethink it all? If you can't see that then you're blind. Who cares if it's "not" that dangerous at all? It still killed a child.

Grow up. The problem isn't the guns, it's the fact the kids want to run into the schools and kill other kids. The fact is gun crime is on the rise in Britain and we have some of the strictest laws in the world on gun ownership.

I don't think America's stance on guns is ridiculous. I think it's more than acceptable. Tragic accidents occur all the time. This was a tragic accident. I'm not about to condone the ruination of millions of American's sporting past time just because of an accident.

Plus, most crime that takes place using guns does so with illegal firearms. Thus, by banning legal weapons you only serve to disarm the law abiding majority.

If people can easily get guns for "protection" they can easily get them for murdering people. Guns should be outlawed. You can say all you want about licences and responsiblity, but there are people that WILL use them in a bad way regardless. Its a fine line between taking away peoples freedom, and protecting their lives at the end of the day.

It wasn't the child's fault at all, it was the PARENTS. Children cannot buy arms, therefore cannot be held responsible. I really wonder why on earth an adult with a family would be thinking to buy any kind of arms... I mean what sort of example are you setting to your children, having guns is okay?

If these .22 guns (or whatever he used) are not really that dangerous, how did the kid manage to kill himself? Makes you wonder if it was really an accident at all.

Maybe I have a harsh opinion on this topic, but it could save so many people from being murdered/injured if guns weren't so readily available.

Grow up. The problem isn't the guns, it's the fact the kids want to run into the schools and kill other kids. The fact is gun crime is on the rise in Britain and we have some of the strictest laws in the world on gun ownership.

I don't think America's stance on guns is ridiculous. I think it's more than acceptable. Tragic accidents occur all the time. This was a tragic accident. I'm not about to condone the ruination of millions of American's sporting past time just because of an accident.

Plus, most crime that takes place using guns does so with illegal firearms. Thus, by banning legal weapons you only serve to disarm the law abiding majority.

*Grows up* - Oh wait, I still have the exact same opinion as before, so that was a little pointless. :heh:

Readily available guns is something no civilised society should consider, yet this is possible in America. Why does every Tom, Dick and Harry need a gun in America anyway? They don't, and the fact his parents had one is the reason their child is dead, no question.

*Grows up* - Oh wait, I still have the exact same opinion as before, so that was a little pointless. :heh:

Readily available guns is something no civilised society should consider, yet this is possible in America. Why does every Tom, Dick and Harry need a gun in America anyway? They don't, and the fact his parents had one is the reason their child is dead, no question.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried, which I did. heh.

Maase, there's a difference between xenophobic behaviour (like the "Americans are stupid" stereotype) and a serious issue.

The right to bear arms is certainly one of them. It means anyone, regardless of mental condition, can pick up a gun and do whatever they want with it. I repeat my earlier argument:

As many responsible people there are, there's a larger number of idiots who don't know what they're dealing with.

Those idiots include potential serial killers and irresponsible parents.

Stairs have a practical use. Guns don't.

And that "guns protect people" crap doesn't hold much water. Guns bring more harm than safety.

The reason you need them in the first place is because of other people with guns, right? What will you do against a guy that surprises you with a gun in hand? He'll shoot before you can draw your own.

What if, by "protecting yourself" someone else gets caught in the crossfire?

For every situation where a gun saves lives, there's 2 or 3 more where someone ends up injured or dying.

I don't think America's stance on guns is ridiculous. I think it's more than acceptable.

Why? You never gave a reason for that opinion.

Tragic accidents occur all the time. This was a tragic accident. I'm not about to condone the ruination of millions of American's sporting past time just because of an accident.

Possessing instruments of violence and using them for nothing productive? That's the American sporting past time? Really?

Make them legal, and those numbers in Britain will skyrocket. Most retarded kids wanting to kill other kids can be easily blocked by the difficulty to get them. By applying laws, you're preventing a good chunk of the retarded kids from killing people. By making them legal, that chunk now has access to guns.

Maase, there's a difference between xenophobic behaviour (like the "Americans are stupid" stereotype) and a serious issue.

The right to bear arms is certainly one of them. It means anyone, regardless of mental condition, can pick up a gun and do whatever they want with it. I repeat my earlier argument:

Those idiots include potential serial killers and irresponsible parents.

Stairs have a practical use. Guns don't.

And that "guns protect people" crap doesn't hold much water. Guns bring more harm than safety.

The reason you need them in the first place is because of other people with guns, right? What will you do against a guy that surprises you with a gun in hand? He'll shoot before you can draw your own.

What if, by "protecting yourself" someone else gets caught in the crossfire?

For every situation where a gun saves lives, there's 2 or 3 more where someone ends up injured or dying.

Why? You never gave a reason for that opinion.

Possessing instruments of violence and using them for nothing productive? That's the American sporting past time? Really?

Make them legal, and those numbers in Britain will skyrocket. Most retarded kids wanting to kill other kids can be easily blocked by the difficulty to get them. By applying laws, you're preventing a good chunk of the retarded kids from killing people.

see, i agree with alot of this, but im fairly sure your statistics are just you guessing.

the right to bear arms is a sticky wicket, like many have said, even the mentaly unstable can buy a gun. thats just wrong.

but lets take a look at what uses there are for guns in america.

there are woods were many hunt, this is a major past time, then theres shooting ranges and quick draw contests, again, very popular, and also, safe. these guns are handled responsibly.

i suppose a loose licencing system would be for the best, though with so many guns in the country, what good would it do now?

see, i agree with alot of this, but im fairly sure your statistics are just you guessing.

I'm not too sure what you're referring to, but if you mean this:

Then, yeah, I was just using common sense. I highly doubt there's a statistic that actually measures that.

the right to bear arms is a sticky wicket, like many have said, even the mentaly unstable can buy a gun. thats just wrong.

but lets take a look at what uses there are for guns in america.

there are woods were many hunt, this is a major past time, then theres shooting ranges and quick draw contests, again, very popular, and also, safe. these guns are handled responsibly.

i suppose a loose licencing system would be for the best, though with so many guns in the country, what good would it do now?

Exactly. The freedom to partake in such past times should be reserved to responsible people (which are the ones likely to acquire a license without much trouble).

About your last paragraph... well, it's true. If something is ever done about this, it won't be easy, no. But we gotta start somewhere.

If we ignore the .22 issue as we can easily walk into a shop and buy a .22 here. Then guns in America is ridiculous. If you keep a gun safely away then you won't be able to reach it in time if somebody does break into your house.

And as for guns being a means of protection. If somebody breaks into an Americans house, and said American shoots the criminal, then they will go down for murder, which nullifies the whole protection theory.

"Yeah you can have a gun to protect yourself, but if you use the gun to protect yourself then you're going to prison."

See that's your first mistake right there.