N-Europe

Just to say (Mafia)

Guest Maase

Unfortunately other people lost interest in the games while they were still fun for alot of us. But continued to join them.

Thus we are all now bored of them due to lack of interest from 50% of the people playing slowing it down.

I also don't think it helped that we had hosts too busy/forgetful to keep up to date with them :p

Here's what I feel needs to be done:

-Finish these ones, have a break (like 3 months) then bring them back.

-Sign ups should happen only 1 week before they start. It's ridiculous signing up to something that's not going to happen for months, in that time people lose interest and forget they're playing. If people want to "queue up" then they should just post in the progress thread and only post a sign-up thread when their turn comes around.

-The GM needs to stop waiting on people for getting PMs in and just start the next day.

What we need is a game like the second one again. It was vanilla, but not bare bones, and its been my favourite so far. No worries about finding out who your character is, about finding out who other peoples characters were... just townspeople who were easy to imagine versus the mafia. It was class. :grin:

Here's what I feel needs to be done:

-Finish these ones, have a break (like 3 months) then bring them back.

-Sign ups should happen only 1 week before they start. It's ridiculous signing up to something that's not going to happen for months, in that time people lose interest and forget they're playing. If people want to "queue up" then they should just post in the progress thread and only post a sign-up thread when their turn comes around.

-The GM needs to stop waiting on people for getting PMs in and just start the next day.

Thats pretty much exactly were i stand.

The main problem imo is the lack/speed of PMs being sent to the Host.

People just get bored then eventually lose interest if nights go on for 3/4 days and forget about them.

I'm for Zell's ideas. This post has his ideas in mind.

What we need is a game like the second one again. It was vanilla, but not bare bones, and its been my favourite so far. No worries about finding out who your character is, about finding out who other peoples characters were... just townspeople who were easy to imagine versus the mafia. It was class. :grin:

I've been thinking, and you're 100% right. Notice how, in most games, the mafia is made up of villans. Just find out a characteristic about one, and there's a good chance you'll find him. This leads to people finding out who's good or evil fast.

I would like to fix this kind of thing up. I'm not so much into "Vanilla" towns, though. Maybe I'll try a DYI, though. And the mafia will be made up of completely random players (which means Jesus may become a mafioso, along with Jack Bauer, C.Ronaldo and Dr. Doom. This could be fun...).

Anyway, put me in the queue. As it stands, I'm willing to try. If, when my time comes, I'm not ready to do it, I'll skip my "turn". (Or is it too soon...? :woops:)

Yeh he does, i don't mind who runs them as long as there not neglected.

If I think I won't have time to run the game. I'll skip my turn.

My Animafia, for the flaws it had, ran at a steady pace, right? Anyway, it' still a long time until we get there.

To be honest, if there's only one mafia game running at a time the need to end the days at a specific time shouldn't be an issue, as I'd imagine the discussion would be more focused and a majority would be reached...

What I mean is future games ought to be more organic and flexible, and that there's no reason to immediately begin with restrictions and boundaries.

Just we should have one running at a time once sci-fi/forum mafia are done.

Guest Maase

Some rules i think should be used.

1 - One night without PM'ing and the user who didn't PM gets his role discovered by everyone. That way, we'l know if they are usefull keeping or killing ;)

2 - The Day should take 2 days and the Night should take one day at maximum, or until every PM is made.

3 - We should make one Mafia per turn, wich means, after ending this Mafia's, we should have only one...

4 - I think that it would be great for the users out of the game to post anyway at the thread, that would be awesome, like, giving thoughts, suspicing about anyone, of course, the dead would not be able to speak tough.

5 - We should have all the Mafia's DYI, with a theme. Like:

"Give us your character, it has to do with the theme, tough..."

Also, it would be random their alligment anyway, like... "DC Themed", Batman is the Don, etc.

------------------------

What do you think?

D'oh, didn't notice the thread, sorry

You may merge/block/whatever

You made the thread.

I don't really think anything needs to be changed, it was fine when we just anticipated Chairdriver's next game rather than everyone jumping on and going "me too!"

1 is a terrible idea. Some people may miss one night because they have a life. Just have it so when the time is out, their PM doesn't count - but have a limit for the game that if they don't post/send PMs for so many days then they're out. And 4 would just ruin the game.