NEurope
Kirkatronics

Have You Cried Due To A Game?

Have you ever cried because of a video game?

What was it, and why?

Examples would be due to the plot, frustration, corrupted data etc..

My thread detectors tell me this isnt a repost, well done =)

Final Fantasy IV when I think it was those little twin magicians dying..I cant remember too well.

My Horse and Me when I accidently injected my pony with something and it died.

Tales of Symphonia, when all of your friends sarcrifice themselves (but not really) at the end of the game. I had a couple tears...Then I know I got sad about Kratos leaving in the verry end, but not sure if I actually had tears or not.

Alone In The Dark, which I reviewed for this very site, made me feel like crying. It was awful.

I can remember getting really upset when i was PK'ing on runescape a few years ago when i won a lot of stuff and died in level 1 wild when i ran from level 20+ :'(

Tales of Symphonia, when all of your friends sarcrifice themselves (but not really) at the end of the game. I had a couple tears...Then I know I got sad about Kratos leaving in the verry end, but not sure if I actually had tears or not.

I remember being very sad at various points in that game, but I never cried.

Thats really the saddest thing I've experienced in a game too. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I think I cried when I found out the fucking store owner (which I knew and was a friend of the family) gave my reserved gold OoT to his nephew and I had to buy the normal edition. Fucker.

I think I cried when I found out the fucking store owner (which I knew and was a friend of the family) gave my reserved gold OoT to his nephew and I had to buy the normal edition. Fucker.

Seriously? What a douche.

It's been some years. It's time to get your golden OOT back. It's yours by right.

I didn't even know we had the golden cartridges here.

Generic one this. mgs3's ending, its like remembrance day every time.

It's been some years. It's time to get your golden OOT back. It's yours by right.

I didn't even know we had the golden cartridges here.

They are very rare in Europe, they were only in some initial batches, that store usually got the good stuff. The fucker. The box was different I remember that, it was the only one in the batch and since I reserved the game a bajillion years ago, it was rightfully mine, I was in the store when he got it (they weren't even from Concentra), he said he had to register them, that he would call me to come back when he could sell them, I went home, got the money and when I got there the fucker said he gave it to this nephew, because there were more copies, only the box was different, even though I said I wanted that one! ugh...

Thats really the saddest thing I've experienced in a game too. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

You must be kidding, right? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead The story's so lifeless and generic, how can you be emotioned by it? :blank:

Generic one this. mgs3's ending, its like remembrance day every time.

x2. I didn't cry, but it's the closest I've ever gotten to it. Great character, The Boss.

You must be kidding, right? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead The story's so lifeless and generic, how can you be emotioned by it? :blank:

I wouldn't say it's lifeless, far from it. Generic, yes. Still don't remember being emotioned (which is a word that doesn't exist:P) by it though.

I never cried cause a game, but SotC moved me a lot, so did TPs and OoTs ending at the time, although not as emotional as SotC's. MGS3's ending was very moving too, really good.

When my Football Manager save data was corrupted, I'd taken Newcastle through 10 seasons of winning the Premiership, and had two unbeaten runs of more than 50 games.

I screamed so loudly that neighbours down the street heard. For about an hour I was rocking gently in my chair, sobbing.

I just killed Ashley in Mass Effect! WHYY?!

But no, not really. Trying hard to even remember a game I have felt some deep emotion.

Perfect Dark Zero made me cry at its absolute god-awfulness. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

I cried with happiness when the shop said they would give me a refund for Enter The Matrix.

Pretty sure I cried as a kid when my Dad formatted the hard drive without telling me causing me to lose my Tiberian Sun save data. I had some awesome custom maps I've never been able to recreate :(

Yes, I have cried due to some video games.

Final Fantasy VII (You know the bit I mean!), X and X-2 spring to mind.

Suprisingly enough Elite Beat Agents almost had me shed a tear on that sad song about that girls dad. :-(

I played the Wii version of FIFA 08 *shudder*

Edit: I also almost cried when Burnout 2 erased my rubbish 3rd Party memory card.

I wouldn't say it's lifeless, far from it. Generic, yes. Still don't remember being emotioned (which is a word that doesn't exist:P) by it though.

I never cried cause a game, but SotC moved me a lot, so did TPs and OoTs ending at the time, although not as emotional as SotC's. MGS3's ending was very moving too, really good.

Don't get me wrong, I love TOS, but it's certainly not because of the story. :heh: Emotioned doesn't exist? Damn... :(

And yeah, SotC was very moving too. Somehow you just get attached to the wanderer. :smile: