N-Europe

N64 Week - Day 4: FIGHTING TOUGH!

That's right folks, day 4 will see us take on the fighting genre on our beloved Nintendo 64-four-four-four.

So, what will you be playing? Will it be Super Smash Bros? Will it be Killer Instinct Gold? Fighter's Destiny?

I'll be playing WWF No Mercy. A true classic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round One: Fight!

Lol, I'll knock up some Killer Instinct Gold (best fighter to date!), Smash Bros. and No Mercy impressions too. K.I is still a regular for our gamez nightz (sponsored by Ubisoft, as you see...), so I'm still well versed in the way of the ultra combo. Don't mess with me.

..well.. since noone has taken it I guess I could play some Fighters Destiny for us tomorrow morning!

Also, I have Mortal Kombat 4 if it needs looked at too :heh: ..The problem is that I am not really a fan of the genre (though Soul Calibur is the main exception :smile:) so perhaps my opinions will not matter so much!

I'm not sure I would be the best person to take it for a spin as I never really played it much and, to be honest, Mortal Kombat has always seemed Krap to me..

However, I can certainly give an impression from my perspective.. whether anyone agrees or not :heh:

/Morientes/: They all count. :heh:

Eeeeeeenoooooo: I think we've decided that PokeStadium does count, so give that a bash, too. I've never actually played it...

Dear god, I've missed out on so much. :shakehead

Haha! :D

You're missing out man! I missed out on the classics as well though such as Perfect Dark and Lylat Wars. (and Banjo)

I still need to catch up with some N64 greats too. :)

Great I'm going to pull out my Red Version and stick it in the transfer pak and

SHOW MY N64 MY POKEMANS!!!

Also the Minigames on it are Ace! Nothing beats rattata run or Dig Dig Dig.

And If I have time I'll also do Smash Bros 64! :grin:

Unfortunately since my original N64 got stolen in a burglary along with its 30-40 games, the only fighting game i seem to have replaced is Mace: The Dark Age, and that was thrown in as a freebie when i bought 3 or 4 other games off someone.

Looking forward to reading the KI/MK impressions tho!

lmao @ tapedeck's ad

To be fair, there weren't all that many great fighters for N64, but Smash totally made up for that. It was the most original fighter I'd seen for a long time, and pretty much the first that had a four player mode that worked perfectly. I think I'll dig my N64 out of the loft and give it a gander tonight :D.