NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

N64 Week Day 2 - RACING

That's right ladies and gentlemen. Yesterday was a success, and thank you for those of you who rocked out to Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, or other shooters on the Sixteh Four.

f-zero2.jpg

Sunday, the genre we'll be focusing on is racing. So, this encompasses a great deal of different games on the system. I know for a fact that I will be playing Wace Race and Mario Kart 64, and maybe even a bit of V-Ralley... the question is, what will YOU be playing?

So, tomorrow, get armed and get ready, because we'll be rocking it out to the Racers on the Nintendo 64.

I've probably never had as much fun with a video game as I did with Diddy Kong Racing. From the character designs to the sound effects, everything about it was hilarious and a hell of a lot of fun. Bumper still stands up as one of the most inept and entertaining characters in any artform - especially when he is driving a hovercraft - and the adventure mode has Rare's most fantastic villain, the wonderfully named, Wizpig.

Absolute gold.

I agree about Diddy Kong Racing...

It came out of nowhere and went on to actually rule my life for months. Some of the best music ever too! Too bad the DS version was a bit...crud.

Eeee, I'm so excited, I love F zero X. I feel like it's just been released all over again. He he he.

Eeee, I'm so excited, I love F zero X. I feel like it's just been released all over again. He he he.

Yeah, tomorrow should be fun. F-Zero is hideously hard at times. Great, great title though. Ugly as sin but a great, fast ride. (Sounds like a girl I once knew...)

The impressions are up, ladies and gentlemen.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11987

Comment in the news section about how you felt about today. Are there other games that deserve a mention?

Don't worry if it looks bland at the moment, our graphics guys will be prettying things up...later.

Why are Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing not in there? =(

And this ended too soon, I never got a chance to play anything due to work, boooh. Maybe for the next genre...

If you are free this evening then do it Eenuh! I thought Mario Kart and Diddy Kong would have been played by others, so I didn't bother with them... but it seems I was wrong. I'm fairly sure you won't be watching the footy (or will you?) so have-a some races on MK64 and DKR and I'm sure Fierce_LiNK + Tapedeck will get your views added in. :grin:

If you are free this evening then do it Eenuh! I thought Mario Kart and Diddy Kong would have been played by others, so I didn't bother with them... but it seems I was wrong. I'm fairly sure you won't be watching the footy (or will you?) so have-a some races on MK64 and DKR and I'm sure Fierce_LiNK + Tapedeck will get your views added in. :grin:

Oi, I'll see if I can still play them tonight. Might be late though, don't know yet. =)

But yeah, I expected those two to be in there! Classic games! Too bad I can't get any multiplayer going, since that is where these games shine at mostly.

I posted my racing experiences for quite a few games last night.. and it took me ages so hopefully they won't be completely overlooked considering we're now into day 3 :heh:

Just thought I'd point out that the dude's spelt your name wrong on both articles :P - Well, capitalisation-wise, anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, and Mark needs to brush up on his use of quotations RE: new paragraphs.

EDIT AGAIN: ... Yeah and there's repeated material in there. Minor niggles, but it's a shame to spoil a nice idea for a series of features with rookie errors.

I just tried MK64, 1080, South Part Rally and F-1 World Grand Prix.

Hated them all.

Sign in to follow this