N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Interesting weekend.

Of course highlight was becomming world club champions. Gutted about vidic, Seemed pretty soft but in fairness an elbow in front of the ref is gonna get you sent off. He is gonna be missed against Inter if UEFA and FIFA have their way.

Very please with the Arsenal and liverpool draw. Hopefully the toffees have pick up something against Chelski and the weekend will be complete.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you honestly feel about the World Club Championship? Obviously as a fan you must be pleased, at the end of the day its silverware. But most of the world sees it as a pointless trophy. I see it more of a marketing thing, the actual tournament structure is awful and unfair.

How do you honestly feel about the World Club Championship? Obviously as a fan you must be pleased, at the end of the day its silverware. But most of the world sees it as a pointless trophy. I see it more of a marketing thing, the actual tournament structure is awful and unfair.

In all honesty it's another trophy and a trophy that comes with a good title. But of course any fan would prefer the league, europe, fa cup or even the league cup to be honest.

However, Would rather we went into competitions to win than put out a weakened side and give it a half arsed effort.

It's annoying that we missed a weekend of prem action but to be crowned world club champions is no easy feat. To get there is an achievement in itself by winning the champs league. But yeah I agree the format needs to be sorted out if they do it correctly it could replace europe and we'll have a "world champions cup" or something.

Knew Everton would get something out of tonight! *rubs hands* if we can now keep up the pressure and win our 2 games in hand it's ours for the pickings!

About becoming Champions of the World: It seems like this is being seen as the next big thing. Hmm, it's got a lot of work to do, as it wasn't really that fair. Also, fixture congestion, players traveling and then traveling back, playing the next game.

At the moment, being "Champions of the World" doesn't mean an awful lot. Some probably see it as a Micky Mouse cup. But, who knows, in a few years, this might have more meaning to it.

John Terry given a red card? Not his first, and it will definitely not be his last. I think he's a reckless player.

He is a total thug.

And Deco can rod off if he insists on playing mediocre every match from now on.

Cech had a great game though

Not that I'm for a moment suggesting that Quito would have beaten United. But it's kind of shame that the game takes place when the South American leagues have already finished and in the case of Quito their 2 best players have already left them. It would have been interesting to see if it made any difference.

In other news it really does seem that nobody wants to win the premierleague this season. If united win both games in hand I would make them favorites, would love Villa to really push on and still be in the title race by March rather then desperately trying to hold onto a top 4 place. Although I think the squad is too small at the moment, so Randy is going to have to open his cheque book in January. Which I'm sure he will if MON finds the right type of players.

To be fair, Daft, Deco has been playing appauling football for weeks now. I'd say we need to give him time but I don't think he'll realise his ability at Chelsea Football Club. Me thinks he needs to go elsewhere, English football doesn't seem to be for him.

I'd focus more on your teams possible drop to the championship Dazzy, looking for things to brag about when you know your team is in deep shit right now.

He's got the Spurs disease known as Closet Gooner. They all fall into it, concentrate on us, when they have their own woes.

And this year you won't make 4th; which will absolutely cripple you with the stadium debt!!

It's brilliant :D

As for stadium debt, it's paying itself off. So as long as we continue to play football we'll rake in the revenue.

Though you'll understand the issues when the mighty "Naming Rights" stadium gets built.

Slight concern in teh Villa camp: Martin Laursen is a doubt for the Arsenal game with an injured knee.

They'll make a late decision and a fitness test but I'm fearing the worst. I also hope his knee doesn't start playing up again. He spent so long out with knee injury after knee injury and knee surgery, and he's been absolutely immense since he came back beginning of last season. :weep:

It's part of the glorious football banter boys :D

Admit it, you would LOVE it if Spurs got relegated! Never going to happen though. With 5 easy games coming up we'll be top half by 2009!!

Top half and a cup will do me. Then top 4 next season.......

You'd be lucky to get out of the bottom half, let alone win a cup. You're terrible.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4687302,00.html

Early Christmas present for the Yiddo's!!

Yay! Someone has a career threatening injury. Oh wait. Fuck right off dazzy.

"Top four next season" should be translated into latin and inscribed permanently under the Spurs club crest, it's been their motto for about a decade.

That's why i said it :)

You'd be lucky to get out of the bottom half, let alone win a cup. You're terrible.

Yay! Someone has a career threatening injury. Oh wait. Fuck right off dazzy.

Terrible? Hmmm, is that why none of the top 4 have beaten us this year? I admit we had a shocking start to the season, but under Harry we've been awesome and started to play some quality football. We'll see what happens won't we? We've already got Cup Final in the bag, I bet you didn't tip us to beat Chelsea last year either!

Also, career threatening? Bloody hell, you must write for the sun you're that sensationalist!! He isn't even having surgery on it!!