Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that the game will get remembered for the two wrongly-given goals. But, what about Rooney's goal that was perfectly onside and ruled out. Ah, whether it's 1-0, or 3-0 nil, I still think the result was the right one. Celtic looked like they needed an outlet upfront. Otherwise, defensively, I don't think they have a lot to be ashamed about.

to be honest I'm glad we gave a good account of ourselves, yeah we didn't create much, but didn't embarress ourselves either.

oh and as far as I'm aware our fans didn't cause anywhere near the bother that a certain set of other teams fans did 5 months ago, so it's good to get Scottish fans reputation back up.

It's a shame that the game will get remembered for the two wrongly-given goals. But, what about Rooney's goal that was perfectly onside and ruled out. Ah, whether it's 1-0, or 3-0 nil, I still think the result was the right one. Celtic looked like they needed an outlet upfront. Otherwise, defensively, I don't think they have a lot to be ashamed about.

The result was definitely the right one. We were never going to create much without our two best strikers. McManus had a great game, I really feel he wouldn't be out of place in many European teams.

The result was definitely the right one. We were never going to create much without our two best strikers. McManus had a great game, I really feel he wouldn't be out of place in many European teams.

I think quite a few of the players had good games. As a team, I quite like Celtic, and I'd like to see them do well. (except against us, haha).

I was pretty pleased with Nani last night. I thought he looked pretty decent, and he's coming along nicely. More of that please, sir.

It wont be remembered for that.

Yes they were offside but there was no doubt that united were gonna get the win. Outplayed and outclassed them all over the field. The win was never in doubt even if the goals were offside.

Rooney is looking awesome at the moment. :bowdown:

It wont be remembered for that.

Yes they were offside but there was no doubt that united were gonna get the win. Outplayed and outclassed them all over the field. The win was never in doubt even if the goals were offside.

Rooney is looking awesome at the moment. :bowdown:

I was kinda waiting for the "all decisions go United's way at Old Trafford" argument to surface. But, thankfully, it hasn't, so far.

Yeah, to me, there could only be one result.

Rooney is shit-fucking-hot at the moment. He looks like he's going to score in every game he plays in now. Very dangerous, looks hungry, wants the ball and is playing with desire and passion. At this moment in time, our best player.

I was kinda waiting for the "all decisions go United's way at Old Trafford" argument to surface. But, thankfully, it hasn't, so far.

Yeah, to me, there could only be one result.

Rooney is shit-fucking-hot at the moment. He looks like he's going to score in every game he plays in now. Very dangerous, looks hungry, wants the ball and is playing with desire and passion. At this moment in time, our best player.

My original post was very close to going that way, but hay, we all know it happens.

But there's just as many decisions that go against United at Old Trafford. And, is that down to bias, or is that down to the state of the refereeing in the game at the moment, which is pretty poor?

I don't think it matters which ground you're at, they're getting it wrong all over the shop.

Just want to take this opportunity to say:

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Ajax

w000000000000000000000000000000000t!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

The first half was rather entertaining, the second was more nervy as Ajax had more possession than us. But we won the match and I am rather very chuffed indeed. :grin:

Good to see Beye's card rescinded, it was a fair challenge and he played the ball. Nice to have something, no matter how small, go our way.

Great news that he's available for the derby, got my 5 tickets through the other day : peace: Not taking the free official coach because it sets off at the stupid time of 9:30. My local is opening at 7am specially so just gonna have a few hours boozing in there then get the train or metro over :blank:

Pressure's all on them for the first time I can remember, best chance they've got of a home victory for a long time (Last time they beat Newcastle on their home turf was the 1979 season, and before that 1967)

"The next day we were playing Sunderland, a nothing club" - Roy Keane's book
:wink:

But there's just as many decisions that go against United at Old Trafford. And, is that down to bias, or is that down to the state of the refereeing in the game at the moment, which is pretty poor?

I don't think it matters which ground you're at, they're getting it wrong all over the shop.

Man Utd have consistantly got decisions at Old Trafford for years, its not something you can rule on the current situation of refereeing. Which in my opinion is only considered shit at the minute because Rob Styles and Mike Riley are still employed by the FA.

Man Utd have consistantly got decisions at Old Trafford for years, its not something you can rule on the current situation of refereeing. Which in my opinion is only considered shit at the minute because Rob Styles and Mike Riley are still employed by the FA.

And which decisions have they been? But we've also had many decisions go against us at Old Trafford, so what does that mean?

And which decisions have they been? But we've also had many decisions go against us at Old Trafford, so what does that mean?

I recall a certain dive by Mr Wayne Rooney in the match that ruined our unbeaten run. There was the one given the season before when Ruud Van Horseface hit the bar. Neither were penalties.

The stats for penalties given to away teams at Old Trafford is atrocious.

I love how many Man Utd fans think they get it hard, but they clearly don't.

I recall a certain dive by Mr Wayne Rooney in the match that ruined our unbeaten run. There was the one given the season before when Ruud Van Horseface hit the bar. Neither were penalties.

The stats for penalties given to away teams at Old Trafford is atrocious.

I love how many Man Utd fans think they get it hard, but they clearly don't.

Hmm, not really two great examples there. Let's look at the first. Sol Campbell was an idiot for sticking his foot out. Whether its a dive or not, its a poor attempt for the ball.

And, besides, we all remember that the game ended one-nil...wait...

Now, the second. First of all, is this the same game where Viera got sent off for an attempted kick out at Ruud? Also, I don't see what was wrong with the penalty given? Ball whipped into the box, player gets up for the ball, and defender gets into him. There have been far, far more penalties given for things less than that for plenty of other teams.

We should've got a penalty last week at Old Trafford. And, Rooney was denied not one, but two goals last week, again, at Old Trafford.

And, about the stats given for penalties not given to away teams. Could it be that we just don't give away too many penalties? Our defence are pretty solid. Give or take the odd error. We're certainly not a team full of Senderos or Cygans.

Edit: One nil to United at Everton.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!