Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Im thinking of betting that! Im new to this betting stuff as I turn 18 in September. Do I keep the odds at the time of my bet?

EDIT: on second thoughts I dont think Aston Villa will beat AC Milan... nah

Ladbrokes are offering 14/1 for Villa at the moment.

Spurs are 8/1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with a bit of pace will utterly shit on AC Milan this year, they've made no attempt to inject abit of youth into that defence with a combined age of about 350 and they still have yet to sign a goalkeeper meaning either Dida or that Aussie chap who wasn't good enough for Leicester will have to play.

In other news, we were fucking shite today, we'll be lucky to make top 10 if we continue playing like that.

Well according to pretty much everyone, Berbatov is the one apparently affecting the whole team...if true that means the club as a whole is shite. One player shouldn't affect the whole team in a decent setup. Especially if he is the "best" player or even isn't playing. Just my opinion like...

We harried and played a physical game (as ever) and we have no fear of anyone. Getting in faces works evidently. Couple more signings next week too...Looking good. T'was ironic that Malbranque looked better than any of the spurs midfield. :o (And the slaughtering I took from Spurs fans saying "we bought the cast offs".) Great day altogether. Man City next...

A pretty good day for Premier League football. Pretty funny that the majority of goals were scored in the second half, though. Looks like this was a day for the manager's and their team talks, heh.

I thought Sunderland played brilliantly today. They've really bought some good signings to their side, and the team just look even better than they did last season. If they can keep this momentum going, and bringing new players to the club, as well as keeping the points coming, they should be in a great position by the end of the season.

Also, I thought Newcastle looked pretty decent today, too. I've given them a lot of stick in the past, but I thought they played well today. A couple of good signings, four points from two games, it's a nice strong start for them.

Tottenham, on the other hand, I dunno. I still don't see why they even sold Keane in the first place, he was such a strong presence for them, an engine or powerhouse for the team. Looking at the highlights from their game, I think they could have done with having Keane back in the squad.

Hmm, Portsmouth against Man United on Monday. Tevez should be playing, which is a huge bonus for us. I dunno, I worry about our midfield. We're missing far too many players there for my liking. Just when you think we have more than enough cover there, we're lacking, sod's law really. It'll be another slow start for us, but once the month is over, we should be getting back to our best, or somewhere near it. Still, we could have done with bringing some more players to the club. Especially since last season we bought in four quality signings, in the form of Tevez, Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves.

I think you're confused, Ramar aint a spurs fan ;)

Where's our resident Spurs fanatic today then? ;)

Fierce, true on the impressions. Some cracking games today. Even the Arsenal took a beating! Unreal. Fulham looked better too. Even Zamora looked classy :o. And your right about Sunderland. And when K. Jones returns I have high expectations of some cracking attacking play. Finally! A team to be proud of :)

Hope Pompey are slaughtered on Monday :)

Even Zamora looked classy :o.

Zamora is classy!

Liverpool on the other hand are less than classy so far, but points are points. I don't think Gareth Barry would change/ improve the team as much as he's been hyped up to over the summer. He's a good player, yeah, but he won't majestically transform the Pool on his own.

Lets hope the Pompey can do the business against dirty United. : peace:

Watching Match of the Day: The Sequel on BBC2 right now. I thought Wigan gave a very decent account of themselves, and if it were not for the excellent Petr Cech being on fine form, it could have well ended up differently.

Still, a pretty blatant shove on that player (forgot who it was) during that corner. He didn't even try to hide it, haha.

Guest Stefkov
Sheva has a medical at AC Milan on Monday

Welcome to yesterdays news.

Shock result Fulham v Arsenal. I'd heard Arsenal lost but didn't know who to. MoTD came on and I saw it was Fulham. Jaw dropped, shocked.

Couldn't believe it. Especially with it being an early goal and not a scrappy last minute that upsets everyone.

To be honest, Arsenal just looked a bit out of ideas, from what I saw in the highlights. Looking at who was available, it was hard to see who was on, or who could come on and change things, like take things properly by the scruff of the neck.

I'm worrying about the same thing happening to Man United. We need to constantly be bringing new blood into the team, as it can do wonders for any team. Look at the likes of Sunderland, for example. Sure, we have some excellent, excellent players. I'm not worried about losing games, it's more about scoring goals that I'm worried about. Historically, United have always been a club about scoring goals, and getting goals from anywhere. We need to work on this and build on from it a lot more. I thought Tevez and Rooney had great seasons last season, but now we need them to come up with start banging a load more into the back of the net. Nani scored a few important goals last season, and we need him and Anderson to start doing the same again.

We've brought in a few youngsters who are looking good for the future. But, we need to be thinking both short-term and long-term.

Welcome to yesterdays news.

Shock result Fulham v Arsenal. I'd heard Arsenal lost but didn't know who to. MoTD came on and I saw it was Fulham. Jaw dropped, shocked.

Couldn't believe it. Especially with it being an early goal and not a scrappy last minute that upsets everyone.

Welcome to I posted it fucking yesterday you cheeky shit

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!