N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it on the net.

Comfortable yet frustrating night. So many chances. Except for a few half chances Pompey never looked a threat. We were solid all over the pitch just a shame we couldn't put away more of our chances. But still another 3 points, another step towards the title.

Haha, tonight was hilarious.

Basically, my housemate and my other housemate's boyfriend were in the house tonight, and we decided that we wanted to go to the pub to watch the Manchester United game. Anyway, we got there, and they weren't showing it, for some reason. But, me and the boyfriend (of the housemate...not mine) spotted that they had a computer screen at the bar, where you could surf the internet.

So, I searched for ages and found a live feed of the game, whilst the rest of the pub watched the Chelsea Everton match. I found a feed, and we developed a small following who were reliant on us to provide the match. Everyone so often, the feed would freeze, so we had to reload, or find another one. We must have watched about 65% of that match altogether.

But, we saw enough to give us the jist of the game. United were pretty much all over Pompey tonight. I thought Rooney, Giggs and Anderson had outstanding games, and it was great to see Rooney scoring tonight. Will Anderson ever score? Me and my housemate's boyfriend think it's funny how close he gets but never scores. It's like...a single blade of grass, or lightning prevents the guy from scoring. He can be clean through, one on one, or an open goal, and something will happen that will mean he won't score.

I was chuffed to see Carrick score, and our little section roared when he did, haha.

So, it was pretty special tonight. We persevered, and we could have given up and watched another game, but we kept going and watched enough of the game to make us happy. 2-0 against Pompey is a good result, and with Liverpool and Chelsea drawing, this has been a good midweek for us.

Bring on Spurs!

This is of course going to sound like a very weird question but its something I was thinking about.

Any of the rest of you ever though that it wouldnt be that bad of a thing if your team got relegated? Obviously its something we'd never really want but I cant help but think that it might be interesting to see Liverpool have to play against a load of other teams instead of the same ones every season (bar the couple that go up or down)

This is of course going to sound like a very weird question but its something I was thinking about.

Any of the rest of you ever though that it wouldnt be that bad of a thing if your team got relegated? Obviously its something we'd never really want but I cant help but think that it might be interesting to see Liverpool have to play against a load of other teams instead of the same ones every season (bar the couple that go up or down)

Only thought about it in the sense of ridding our stadium of corporate wankers and fair weather fans.

Relegation is crap I don't want to have to witness it again thanks.

Come on Spurs!

Altered for preference :heh:

Liverpool have done their part for the day (though my heart skipped a beat when I heard Le Tissier shouting on Sky Sports News when it was 2-1.. thankfully, it was a goal for us to kill the game off :yay:)

Final score will be 3-2.

2-1 going into the 90th minute, Ferguson (I mean the ref, sorry) gives 7 minutes. 93rd minute penalty then last minute winner.

But if Spurs can hold onto this, then its up to Arsenal to beat Man U and Liverpool to win it on goal difference.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!