N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was immense.

At 4-3 I thought it was all over and was gonna come on here bumming Arsenal. To let them score again is terrible. But a draw is still a great result for United. Arsenals defending all night been terrible but then Liverpools werent much better.

Fuck it, I've had enough I'm taking on the facebook heroes.

[person] embarassing, aside from the heroes that are Walcott and Arshavin, that was fucking embarassing. Fair play amazing game to watch though.

[me] Whats embarassing about going to Anfield and getting a point? Especially when our defence is at half strength at best.

Let the discussion begin.

that was a great game to watch, especially being a United supporter. Fair play to Arsenal, like Alan Smith said they were no where near their best but they (Arshavin) still managed to score 4 goals. Now hopefully we can capitalise and get a vital three points at fratton park. Gotta say though most of the goals were from defenders being too lax........gr8 game however.

edit: Just realised its not at fratton its at old trafford.

Edited by Portlett

It was an extraordinary game. First off, I was pleased to see Fabianski playing in goal for Arsenal again, and he was one of Arsenal's best players tonight. In the first half, he kept you in the game, imo.

Yossi Benayoun terrorised the Arsenal defence in that first half, but Fabianski did well to keep it level. I thought the first Arshavin goal was an example of shocking Liverpool defending. Was it Mascherano who lost the ball on the edge of the box? He loses it, and makes no attempt to win it back. Had he tracked back...or even moved about 3 or 4 yards, he could have won back that ball, but instead Arsenal score.

The first two Liverpool goals...were again down to poor defending, but this time from Arsenal. They just couldn't clear the ball, and were kicking it wide rather than further away up the field (especially with the first goal.) Had they cleared the threat, I doubt Liverpool would have scored so soon.

The second Arsenal goal, though, and the third....awful clearances and too much time doing nothing whilst on the ball by Liverpool.

I think every single goal (bar maybe Torres') second could have been prevented in this game. 4-4 may sound like a spectacular scoreline, but it just highlights awful defending for me.

But, saying that, I think the real winners tonight were Arsenal. Fabianski did not deserve to be on the losing side, and neither did Benayoun, so a draw is fair, but Arsenal on the whole will be glad to have gotten their point today. They didn't really get into the game at times, as Liverpool really bossed it, especially in midfield. However, when Arsenal did go forward, they looked like scoring.

An Arsenal team with Adebayor, Van Persie, Clichy and maybe Gallas (with Walcott starting) would probably have left this game with all three points. But, given they just played a game against Chelsea on Saturday and Champions League before that, I think Arsenal have done well tonight, as much as it pains me to compliment them.

Think its fair to say both teams deserved to win, but for completely different reasons. Liverpool dominated us, and deserved it on that. And we deserved it on Arshavin's individual contribution.

It would have been interesting to see the result had we been at full strength, but its a solid point and takes our unbeaten run to 19 games.

Think its fair to say both teams deserved to win, but for completely different reasons. Liverpool dominated us, and deserved it on that. And we deserved it on Arshavin's individual contribution.

It would have been interesting to see the result had we been at full strength, but its a solid point and takes our unbeaten run to 19 games.

In all honesty, if it weren't for poor defending, either team could have won this.

Also, 5 minutes of extra-time. I remember thinking o_O, ok, this will finish 6-6 now.

What a game! Arshavin; 4 attempts, 4 on target, 4 goals...lovely set of stats! The Arsenal defense was so much of a shambles it was comical though.

Your stats aren't so shabby either.

Fantastic match tonight! Great entertainment but just a pity Liverpool couldn't get the win. Top of the league like but its obviously advantage United. :(

In all honesty, if it weren't for poor defending, either team could have won this.

Also, 5 minutes of extra-time. I remember thinking o_O, ok, this will finish 6-6 now.

It was actually over 6 minutes!

We need a good win tonight. A scrappy 1-0 is probably what will happen which is fine as it'll be 3 points. But what we really need is a comfortable 3-0 or more win for confidence and to take the advantage over Liverpool before the spurs game on satuday (and to claw back some of that goal difference).

United team for today:

VDS

Neville

Vidic

Evans

Evra

Ronaldo

Anderson

Fletcher

Scholes

Giggs

Rooney

No sign of Rio :(

Good thing? get him fully fit for champs league. Evans is more than capable of putting in a good shift.

Glad scholes is in the lineup. 600th game. Awesome, truely awesome. Shame he has never learned to tackle.

Good thing? get him fully fit for champs league. Evans is more than capable of putting in a good shift.

Glad scholes is in the lineup. 600th game. Awesome, truely awesome. Shame he has never learned to tackle.

yea true, like you said Evans is more then capable and we should win today. We have plenty of game changer son the bench in Tevez, Nani and Berba *cough*!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!