NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Well there we go. I was remaining optimistic with Arsenal's chances but after this, well there we go. Fighting for champions league places is the best we can do.

Well there we go. I was remaining optimistic with Arsenal's chances but after this, well there we go. Fighting for champions league places is the best we can do.

Whilst it seems the league will be out of grasp its a bit early to say we'll be fighting for CL spots. Just look at the table, some teams at the minute are punching above their weight and others are under performing. Still a long way to go.

Thing is now that Man U have gotten up to 3rd, I don't see too many slip ups for them and Chelsea at least, I suppose you are right it may be a little too early to assume anything. I don't look forward to how my GF will react to this latest humiliation.

Cheer up cheeky.

At Dazzybee: You just make me laugh with some of your comments.:heh:

You were laughing at me saying Stoke could get a win. And they did. So yes I am real :)

Now onto the destruction of Liverpool, though I'm not happy with dropping Hutton and Bale (not a fan of Ekottoe at all) and Zokora is back in the team.....oh dear!! So maybe we wont win :(

Thing is now that Man U have gotten up to 3rd, I don't see too many slip ups for them and Chelsea at least, I suppose you are right it may be a little too early to assume anything. I don't look forward to how my GF will react to this latest humiliation.

Look at it this way we've still got to play all the other 'top 4' teams twice, so its too early to say anything.

First one is Man U at home next saturday. After todays result and the injuries we've incured, I definitely am not looking forward to taking up my lonely seat next week.

What did Van Persie get sent off for?

All Arsenal players and fans are bad losers :heh:

What did Van Persie get sent off for?

Being a bad loser gives you a better winning mentality. Seriously, who enjoys losing?..

That can be true for any team and members of their fanbase.

No two ways about it, if our keeper didn't make a howler and Hutton gift you a goal, you wouldn't have been 4-2 up and thus had the confidence you played with and also shot our very weak confidence to pieces due to our abysmal start to the season.

You're one of THOSE football fans that only looks at it from your own perspective. And flameboy is just bitter because Sadsac wanted to go to a bigger club :P

Bigger club? Whilst you may have a bigger infrastructure, we have finished above you the last 2 seasons and won the FA Cup which beats the League Cup! So we are bigger in that respect. Obviously opinion on what makes a bigger club.

Anyway nice to see Liverpool playing spurs off the pitch...

2-1 to Tottenham. Shocking really, just on the edge of stoppage time.

EDIT: Tottenham have won the match. It's just crazy, they steal points match after match recently.

Bigger club? Whilst you may have a bigger infrastructure, we have finished above you the last 2 seasons and won the FA Cup which beats the League Cup! So we are bigger in that respect. Obviously opinion on what makes a bigger club.

Anyway nice to see Liverpool playing spurs off the pitch...

1. Please know your football, you finished above us last season, the season before we were 5th

2. Yeah, well done Liverpool!!! Nice to see them playing well. Shame we beat them 2-1 really!! Good result for you today, 2-1 there as well wasn't it!!?

PS GET IN THERE!!!!!! :)

2-1 to Tottenham. Shocking really, just on the edge of stoppage time.

EDIT: Tottenham have won the match. It's just crazy, they steal points match after match recently.

They should have finished us off. Only got themselves to blame. Best week of football for a long time. :smile:

Up for a virtual pint Dazzybee? :heh:

But Liverpool haven't been that impressive, I think they have been EXTREMELY lucky; a lot of late goals, a lot of dodgy decisions their way. It shows they fight until the end and they obviously have a lot of quality; but I think they are there for the taking :)

And yes, I would be happy with a draw; but I really think we can get a good win today.

And I also thought Spurs would knock Arse out of the top 4 and now think Villa will!

Everybody laughed at me this morning when I said Stoke and Spurs would win!! Who's lauging now :D

They should have finished us off. Only got themselves to blame. Best week of football for a long time. :smile:

Up for a virtual pint Dazzybee? :heh:

Definitely.....cheers!!! :D

Im gutted :(

We was the better team, but well done to Spurs.

And now your all the way up into 18th :o

Your relegation fight is looking better now ;)

ROFL

Holy shit, today couldn't have gotten any better unless Man Utd had lost, damn. Shame it's Tottenham aswell I suppose, but beggars can't be choosers :P

Im gutted :(

We was the better team, but well done to Spurs.

And now your all the way up into 18th :o

Your relegation fight is looking better now ;)

I was never worried. We're 6 points off 7th place; I think that's where we should be looking :) After Away at man city we have some very easy games as well. The future's bright, the future's lillywhite!!!

1. Please know your football, you finished above us last season, the season before we were 5th

2. Yeah, well done Liverpool!!! Nice to see them playing well. Shame we beat them 2-1 really!! Good result for you today, 2-1 there as well wasn't it!!?

PS GET IN THERE!!!!!! :)

The height of irony.

The height of irony.

At least I followed that up with why. Don't insult just because Arsenal lost and Spurs won; lets not stoop low here!

While Chelsea is kicking some serious ass (8 goals in last two matches), the other teams are kinda slacking off aren't they lol!! Soo happy Liv'pool lost!! They didn't deserve to, but they've won quite a few matches they didn't deserve either...

I love how Dazzy never posts anything in this thread while Tottenham are having an awful start and as soon as they have a couple of good results suddenly it's about 10 posts a day.

:p

I was never worried. We're 6 points off 7th place; I think that's where we should be looking :) After Away at man city we have some very easy games as well. The future's bright, the future's lillywhite!!!

Looking at our record, we haven't been very good at winning the 'easy' games, lol.

Whoa...kudos to you, Dazzy. I couldn't see how Spurs could get much against Liverpool, so well done for beating them. :)

As a Man United fan, I'm happy with today's results. We're 5 points behind Liverpool and Chelsea, and one ahead of Arsenal, with a game in hand over all three. If we can win the next game, then that is only 2 points off the pace. It is doable, too.