NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

I laughed at the last few comments in here. :)

I'm just pleased Man United got the win yesterday. We've got to close the gap on Liverpool and Chelsea now. Even if we play poorly and sneak one nil wins, it has to be done.

You can now get commemorative 2-1 wall plaques, t-shirts, mugs and mouse mats off the Sunderland website, I swear I'm not making this up. How embarrassing :laughing:

Whats funnier is Harry is a gooner at heart, his old man use to take him, they'd both stand in the north bank watching London's finest.

Yeah it's laughable. Yet he tries to turn the media round and make out Spurs is a dream job he has always aspired to...

Do you call every manager who leaves your club for another club Judas? It's a pretty common thing nowadays for managers to leave.

No I don't think I would. The problem is the fashion in which he left...When he was offered the Newcastle job earlier in the year he said he didn't want to move to another club and he loved Portsmouth far to much. He said he planned to retire at the club and signed a new contract until 2011 saying that was him sorted. It is clear the Newcastle job wasn't quite the job he wanted, yet he now gets the job he wants and expects us just accept him swanning off. It's annoying how much he keeps bigging up his achievements, but there a common view amongest Pompey fans that he thought he was bigger than the club. Yes he big things for us, but he should stop blowing his own trumpet so much.

Yes there is a sense that he perhaps took us as far as he could, but its still no excuse for the contempt he has treated us with.

I also think the media's reaction to it sucks. They are all saying good on Harry for taking the chance and that we should be grateful for the good times and wish him well. Talk Sport (Wrighty and whoever is on with him) even went as far to say if we now crash and burn and get relegated we can still look back at the good times. It's almost as if we should accept we were only a Premiership team because of Harry and just accept we belong in the lower divisions...

Trust me my views are a lot more restrained than some, I've taken a lot of flack off fans on pompey online and kinda fallen out with one of the blokes I watched the cup final with as he has become an anti-harry extremist...

To be fair to Pompey Harry upped and left them twice, once to their closest rivals. The fact they forgave him once is enough. And it's not like they don't appreciate what he done or begrudge an eventual departure. I think its to do with the cowardly nature of just leaving, the first thing I knew about it all he was already a Spurs man. How would I have felt if I was a Pompey fan, I'd be pretty pissed off he didn't have the dignity to come out and say he was leaving. He left, then had some words. He should have had some words, then left.

Pompey fans have Harry to thank for taking them so far, but he has shown them a lack of respect in the way he's left the club.

Agree with all that and also the way he left overnight and the week before he was set to recieve the freedom of the city. I will be forever grateful for the 3 great days he gave us; Championship Winners, Great Escape (never forget dancing on the Wigan Pitch), FA Cup Winners. But I will never forget how he twice left us in the lurch.

I cheered when Spurs' 4th goal went in. I don't like any London clubs, plus Arsenal dropping points meant we're fourth for now. :smile:

Plus Bentley's interview afterwards: ZOMG, a footballer with a personality. :o

You can now get commemorative 2-1 wall plaques, t-shirts, mugs and mouse mats off the Sunderland website, I swear I'm not making this up. How embarrassing :laughing:

Everybody does it. Didn't Spurs release a DVD of them beating Arsenal 5-1 or something?

I reckon Man City have something for their double over United last season.

I also know there is a plaque to commemorate our 5-1 win over Blues last season. I don't have one but it exists.

Everybody does it. Didn't Spurs release a DVD of them beating Arsenal 5-1 or something?

I reckon Man City have something for their double over United last season.

I also know there is a plaque to commemorate our 5-1 win over Blues last season. I don't have one but it exists.

For a 5-1 tonking or a double over the champions yeah, but for a one goal margin home victory? Seems to be an even split of mackems between those who think the merchendise is great and those who think it's pretty cringy and makes them look very small time - like it's a once in a generation thing that won't happen again for another 28 years.

Surely Newcastle have released some derby-win memorabilia. They must have done.

Someone knocked up a PC wallpaper after we beat them 4-1 away.

I'd have thought NUFC would have made some sort of derby-day memorabilia, in order to make up for a lack of cup final win DVDs.

How many different Alan Shearer DVDs are there?

Was there any sort of NE fantasy football league made on the premier league's site? If so could I have the code to join it? plz n thx

Of course I did. I aint gonna leave until the match is over.

Whilst you guys can celebrate like you won the match, the bare reality is that we let you back in. It was in our hands and we let you get a point. Well done, hold onto that one because you might need come May if you still hanging about at the bottom.

Like the point they knicked off you then yeah?

Edit - What I will add is that it will probably go down as one of the great North London derbies, maybe for all the wrong reasons for Gooners. But thats football.

Dont make out you gifted us the match. Our keeper GIFTED you the first goal!! Hutton GIFTED you the 4th. Our inability to defend set pieces GIFTED you two. These things happen and Spurs scored 2 quality goals!! :D

Also, Redknapp isnt a gooner. Where did you read that? He was a Spurs fan growing up :D

Dont make out you gifted us the match. Our keeper GIFTED you the first goal!! Hutton GIFTED you the 4th. Our inability to defend set pieces GIFTED you two. These things happen and Spurs scored 2 quality goals!! :D

Also, Redknapp isnt a gooner. Where did you read that? He was a Spurs fan growing up :D

Your buying into his media twisting....he went to watch Arsenal as a kid...all this stuff about it being his dream job isn't true. He said the same about Portsmouth 3 months ago...

I thought WBA (my team) still played at the Hawthorns. I got massive shunned by my work colleagues. They mock my lack of knowledge.

Theres no two ways about it, we gifted you the draw. We were 4-2 with 5 minutes to go, and then we drew. We allowed you to attacked, we allowed you to shoot, we allowed you to score. Three things we shouldn't have done, but in doing so we gifted you the draw. Take off your rose tinted glasses mate. For 40 minutes of the second half and the second half of the first we were all over you, should have been dead and buried.

The fact Harry has said it in an interview about Tom Finney, that his dad use to take him to Arsenal matches despite living in East London.

I thought WBA (my team) still played at the Hawthorns. I got massive shunned by my work colleagues. They mock my lack of knowledge.

What the fuck? They do still play at The Hawthorns. You thought correctly. :wtf:

Theres no two ways about it, we gifted you the draw. We were 4-2 with 5 minutes to go, and then we drew. We allowed you to attacked, we allowed you to shoot, we allowed you to score. Three things we shouldn't have done, but in doing so we gifted you the draw. Take off your rose tinted glasses mate. For 40 minutes of the second half and the second half of the first we were all over you, should have been dead and buried.

The fact Harry has said it in an interview about Tom Finney, that his dad use to take him to Arsenal matches despite living in East London.

Yeah Arsenal collapsed no doubt about it. Spurs were lucky...

What the fuck? They do still play at The Hawthorns. You thought correctly. :wtf:

Right....okay. I was having my leg pulled. The fuck...I thought that was weird.

I was just about to say "Shit, I didn't know they had moved," and was about to question my footballing knowledge.

Dooh, ReZ. *facepalm*

Go onto Wikipedia and learn about West Brom's history. I know you're not a huge WBA fan, but fuck it. Do it so it looks like you know more than a thing or two about the Baggies.

(I know they're called that, teehee)

Yeah Im gonna do it. Impress them crazy with my skill, and they'll be totally shocked.

ReZ what made you support WBA, out of curiosity. Seems like a random choice considering you live in Aylesbury (IIRC).

His dad's a dirty Baggie bastard Baggies fan.

Sorry about that. The 70's Villa fan came out of me then. :woops: