NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

It's more than a must win game for spurs. Looking at their fixtures after Bolton they need this game to kick start a winning streak, otherwise it's leeds the 2nd.

I hope we ruin Spurs on Wednesday, it would soften the blow of the ridiculous ticket price.

Yay, its Spurs v Bolton tomorrow (I'm a bolton fan). And I almost feel sorry for spurs, but I really really hope we beat them, need the points. And then they've got Arsenal and Liverpool in the next week, hmm.

*Never ventures into this thread*

But oh god, I hope you win. The Tom mocking potential is rife!

Ramos sacked!!

Now they have got Harry Redknapp.. What the hell is Defoe and Crouch gonna think when Harry leaves pompey.

Ramos now for Atletico Madrid.. Watch this space!!

to be honest I'm glad we gave a good account of ourselves, yeah we didn't create much, but didn't embarress ourselves either.

oh and as far as I'm aware our fans didn't cause anywhere near the bother that a certain set of other teams fans did 5 months ago, so it's good to get Scottish fans reputation back up.

My brother is a celtic fan! He wants Portsmouth to get Gordon Strachan as he is sick of the crap football and poor signings. (Lee Naylor, Paul Hartley, Barry Robson).

Celtic should get someone like Louis Van Gaal..

Also Celtic and Rangers for that matter should change there transfer policy. They cant compete with the big leagues because of TV money but that doesnt mean you cant sign good players. Instead of buying premiership rejects/Championship players they should sign young players from Europe/Africa etc.

Also both teams should pay big money for european coaches who will technically improve the kids.

Well it was coming. A lot of people blame Levy but he is actually a good chairman to be honest.

Would be gutting for pompey if Harry left. Would he?? I dunno.

What about Roy Carroll's save behind the stadium almost, Ronaldo's dive the other day. You're fighting a losing battle if you think it's split fairly.

The Roy Carroll save was horrendous, but those kinds of decisions are down to piss poor refereeing. I recall a recent incident which occured in the Championship, which is even worse a decision than that one was.

As for Ronaldo, good ol' twinkle toes. He does go down very easily. But, you also have to remember that he's a winger, and a pacey one at that. I think he has a tendency to go down, but a lot of the time it could just be down to his momentum, and being knocked off balance. To give him credit, he's a lot better at staying on his feet these days than he has been in the past.

And, today's result: Well done, David Moyes. Everton looked like a completely different team in the second half. I'm a bit disappointed that we couldn't have nabbed a second goal, as we should have wrapped the game off before half time. But, if you don't finish teams off, you run the risk of not winning the game.

Ramos sacked!!

Now they want Harry Redknapp. What the hell is Defoe and Crouch gonna think when Harry leaves pompey.

Ramos now for Atletico Madrid.. Watch this space!!

I'm glad he's gone. I don't like the way Tottenham have played under him, and maybe now they'll bring in a manager who can stop them leaking goals.

I hope Harry Redknapp doesn't leave. Pompey are a good club, and he should stay put and do the best job he can there.

Well it was coming. A lot of people blame Levy but he is actually a good chairman to be honest.

Would be gutting for pompey if Harry left. Would he?? I dunno.

He gone! On SSN now..

£5m Compensation.. crazy!!

I don't know what to think of this...I suppose it can't get any worse. It will be interesting to see the players' reactions.

Redknapp as Tottenham manager! On SSN now!

Also both teams should pay big money for european coaches who will technically improve the kids.

That worked out pretty well for Rangers with Paul Le Guen iirc. Feel pretty sorry for Ramos actually, I mean he lost both his main strikers in the summer. The Keane money was spent on other positions rightfully, but Levy playing hardball with United other Berbatov meant there wasn't enough time to get a replacement, Obviously Ramos made some mistakes but I still think hes a very good manager and will do well at whichever club in Spain he will no doubt end up at.

so you reckon Harry will try and sign Defoe in January??

Lol! This is mental. I'm really happy about this.

Has Harry definitely gone to Spurs then?

If so, who are Portsmouth going to bring in?

Yes, he was talking on SSN.

Damn so he has gone! that would explain why pompey were so shit in portugal. Gotta feel for the Pompey players and fans. But I think Harry could make spurs great. Bigger club than pompey and more potential. Still gotta save them this season first!

Yes, he was talking on SSN.

Oh dear, Harry. What are you doing?

He must crave a challenge.

Well money is tight at Pompey so dont expect a big name. Guess they might keep Joe Jordan as manager. Tony Adams as manager would be crazy..

Alan Curbishley, Gerrard Hollier??

Pavlyuchenko, Modric and Dos Santos must be shocked right now!

Oh dear, Harry. What are you doing?

He must crave a challenge.

All these managers go tottenham with a great CV and reputation but then it all goes wrong!! If Harry really cares about pompey he wont raid them for there best players..

Well money is tight at Pompey so dont expect a big name. Guess they might keep Joe Jordan as manager. Tony Adams as manager would be crazy..

Alan Curbishley, Gerrard Hollier??

I think Curbs are Pompey could work.

But, fucking hell, that's a pretty bold move for him to make. I think he could still take Pompey further, myself.

Edit: Its true. Something does go wrong. The setup just isn't right. Unless you have full co-operation and backing from the boardroom staff and your chairman and so forth, its going to be a disaster. I'm really fearing for Harry, I really am.

I'm a big fan of Harry so I hope he does well. But Dam! Unreal. Bit of a strange time to announce it, middle of the night before a big game tomorrow. You'd think they would wait till after the Bolton game. But meh what do I know.

Great timing to break this now though, when we have the game of our lives tomorrow.

To be honest, every game you have now will be the game of your life. It has to be if you have any chance of surviving.

To be honest, every game you have now will be the game of your life. It has to be if you have any chance of surviving.

Fair enough, but if we lose tomorrow, we could be looking at 2 points out of 11 games - considering our next 2 opponents.

Let's get back to the basics and start playing as a unit.