NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Heard from two separate mates, one a footy photographer and one who works for a local paper that word's going round Gazza's been found dead.

I'm sorry, but did anyone else watch the Newcastle/Tottenham match? What a waste of 90 minutes. We played awful and Newcastle played even worse. I thought that scoring the two goals would buoy us, and prvoke us into pushing for a third; instead we dilly-dallyed about the ball, and let them get back in the game late on.

Heard from two separate mates, one a footy photographer and one who works for a local paper that word's going round Gazza's been found dead.

I've heard that around different football forums I go on.

Manchester City suffered an embarrassing Carling Cup exit after being beaten on penalties by Brighton.

HAHA ROFL

Just got back from the Thistle - Rangers match at Firhill. Best game of football I've ever been to. Cracking match, went onto extra time and Thistle took the game right to Rangers. Unfortunately they got a goal 2 minutes from the end.

According to BBC 606 forums, the rumour has already been debunked by SkySports.

What a strange night. Villa and Man City going out of the League Cup. Well done to Brighton. They came from a goal down, and took the game to City, so congratulations to them.

I'm looking at our cup exit positively. It might be better for our still-small squad if we weren't in this cup. We can focus more on the league and the UEFA Cup more now.

All credit to QPR. If they get promoted under Iain Dowie I will not be surprised.

What a bloody crap idea. It's gone from being the Europe's knock-out trophy (I know that format went recently) to the Official Shit Mans Champions League. Almost exactly the same format just with the Champions League rejects thrown in half way through.

I know it says clubs will gain extra revenue which is great, but the competition is now lost, the format just sounds ridiculous.

Uefa under Platini = Bloody Joke.

Just finished watching Man United vs Bolton, pretty good game. After the first half I thought it was gonna be one of those United games where they dominate but just can't score a goal, thank god for Rob Styles and his own take on refereeing! God knows how he thought that was a penalty, but I'm certainly not going to complain.

The icing on the cake would have been a Berbatov goal, but I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer for that one, still not sure he was worth it for £30 mil, but I guess time will tell...

The new UEFA Cup format is stupid, as you can tell by the new name.

It's always going to be second fiddle to the Champions League. The only way to make the UEFA Cup better is to downsize the Champions League, but that will never happen. So all they can do is make the UEFA Cup as a poor man's CL, and that's what they've done. :nono:

By the way; 2-1 to Villa. Yay. :grin:

I love it when Arsenal lose. :D

I was watching the updates on the BBC website. And, fucking delighted. :D

I know, shocking isn't it? :D

Also, 2-0 win against Bolton today, with Rooney scoring, so yay. Although, the game is a bit sour as the first goal shouldn't have been a penalty. So...hmm.

Wow at hull! Did NOT see that result coming at all...Hull aren't doing half bad you know!

Unfortunately, whilst I love seeing Arsenal slipping points, it's chelsea i'm concerned about. They are far to strong to drop points most of the time; even when they are piss poor they get a draw/win. Gonna be a great season i reckon :)

Words can't describe how angry I was today when I left the stadium. Fair play to Hull they took their chances and won the game. But half the Arsenal team didn't look like they wanted to play football today.

Clichy was incredibly poor first half, possibly still feeling the knock from last week.

Eboue, typical usual rubbish.

Even Cesc at times wasn't himself, very lazy on the ball.

Van Persie, missed too many opportunities.

Adebayor, useless. I know I appear to slag him off every week, but the guy said he wants to be paid like Henry, then he needs to start performing like Henry (who so I read, actually scored today, take note Ade).

Wenger must take some criticism for todays balls up, substitutions came far too late and for the wrong players. Walcott was an outlet on the wing and was beating his man all game. Vela should have come on earlier for either Van Persie or Adebayor instead of Theo.

Arsenal weren't on form today, but Hull did give them a very, very good game. Watching them on Match of the Day, they were set out really well, and had some good tactics, to just stop Arsenal from playing their normal passing game.

In all fairness, you did create a load of chances, and if it weren't for their keeper being on world class form (dynamite), then you would've possibly have won. Ok, so the finishing just wasn't there today, but you can't always be on superb form in each and every game. I think the best teams are the ones who can take the bad and turn it around into a positive for the next game. We did that with Liverpool, and got a point at Stamford Bridge...even though we could've won the game. Performance was much better.

The problem with Arsenal, for me, is their depth in squad. I'm not really sure if you have enough quality outside of your starting 11. You're winning games and getting the points, so you're on the right track, but I'm just waiting for the same problems to occur as last season, where the team just ran out of steam, because the same players were playing each and every game. You need your squad players to come in, do the job, and then look to the next game.

As for Man United, I'm very pleased with today. Back to winning ways. A very good performance, particularly from our midfield. I was also very pleased to see Rooney come off the bench to score. Now, I'm predicting good things from him this season. To me, Rooney just needs to regain that hunger for scoring, and today he had that when he came on. Very neat finish, and I have no doubt in my mind that it definitely is all there. He just needs to unleash the beast. I do feel he gets overly criticised, and if anything the boy is just a tad bit too selfless. Now, do we criticise him because he doesn't score enough goals, or do we applaud him for his overall team play, his hounding, his workrate and his effort? That is the enigma of Wayne Rooney.

The Merseyside Derby was pretty flat yesterday. Nothing really happened at all but the Pool coming through with the win is defo the most important thing. 2-0, at Everton? Oh yes. :grin:

What a goal by Giovanni against Arsenal! :o

That Rooney goal was also pretty damn good too, even though it pains me to acknowledge it. There was no way in hell that was a penalty though. Jammy jammy United. ¬_¬

Amir Zaki is a king. If he doesn't go to somewhere better than Wigan next season I will be shocked. I also have just witnessed my first north American soccerball commentators, so so so bad.

Well needed win by united. Shame first goal was the penalty that never was but to be honest a goal was coming, we were all over Bolton, I think we would have gone on to win anyway. But I don't mind if the decisions come our way.

Just got to build on that and make sure we win our game in hand and we're be right back in the mix.

LOLZ @ spurs. Bye Bye Ramos.

Some [poeple don't have the money to go to live matches like ypou Ramar. Thanks canancd, though I won't be suing the site as I cba