NEurope
Tellyn

New Capcom Wii Title Still Coming

Yea, can't wait for news on this. One game i'm really looking forward to. I don't think it was on Capcoms E3 list though, i'm really hoping for some sort of trailer at TGS though. It's first proper appearance should have an epic reception.

EDIT - Capcom E3 list:

Bionic Commando (PC, PS3, X360)

Bionic Commando Rearmed (PC, PS3, X360)

Capcom Project #1 - Megaman 9

Capcom Project #2 - "Surprising take on next-gen favourite" game

Dark Void (PC, PS3, X360)

MotoGP 08 (other)

Neopets Puzzle Adventure (PC, Wii)

Plunder (PC, PS3, X360)

Resident Evil 5 (PS3, X360)

Spyborgs (Wii)

Street Fighter IV (PC, PS3, X360)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3, X360)

CRAP no monster hunter 3! And crap much more exciting for other consoles.

MH3 would have a bigger impact if it was revealed at TGS, so it's more likely to be shown then, assmuming it will be shown this year.

But yea, PS3/360 has some good games there. Resi 5, Street Fighter IV and Bianic Commando.

Hopefully this game Capcom spoke about will be pretty good.

Shame that we that it's so far fetched to suggest that only one of those "projects" will be on Wii rather than both. Better not be some kind of Chibi-Dead-Rising or I swear that I'm gonna kill someone.

I'm happy to stay on the cynical "Wii game will be mess" line of thinking as it will avoid disappointment. Doesn't everyone else expect this when we hear words like: "Surprising take on next-gen favourite" ?

I'm happy to stay on the cynical "Wii game will be mess" line of thinking as it will avoid disappointment. Doesn't everyone else expect this when we hear words like: "Surprising take on next-gen favourite" ?

You're thinking of Street Fighter IV: Guile's Groovy Hair Studio Party Game$, aren't you?

You're thinking of Street Fighter IV: Guile's Groovy Hair Studio Party Game$, aren't you?

Or Resident Evil: Happy Zombie Chew Party.

I am really looking forward to Capcom's promising line up of hit titles to arrive on the Wii!

A new partnership with Ubisoft to create Brainz, a cross between Brain Training and Petz and starring Dr. James Marcus.

A new partnership with Ubisoft to create Brainz, a cross between Brain Training and Petz and starring Dr. James Marcus.

That sounds pretty rad. When is it coming out?

That sounds pretty rad. When is it coming out?

Give 'em chance! They've only started programming it yesterday. Should be out a week next Friday.

Just nicked this from GoNintendo

“(Dead Phoenix returning) As far as CEI resurrecting it, frankly, we have enough things on our plate at the moment and enough ideas in the pipeline that we don’t need to be going back to that well.†- Christian Svensson, Capcom’s Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Research

“(Monster Hunter 3 Wii) It was a strategic decision set by the team and our Japanese management to address an emerging market on the Wii. At the time the decision was made, it was in reference to the Wii market in general, no particular sub-segement thereof.†- Christian Svensson, Capcom’s Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Research

Mr. Svensson also made a point to say that there are no plans to bring Dead Rising, or any game like it, to the Wii. No specific reasons were given, but I would guess that processing power has something to do with it.

wth, is that Birdo with a gay guy voice actor?

Birdo is a transexual. :heh:

Probably Captain Rainbow...

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12012

Urgh!

Sorry, but I just couldn't watch that, had to skip through alot of it [couldn't stand the Birdo parts!], looks horrible!... and WTF is with making Birdo a key focus of the trailer, that's not gonna impress anyone!

Before watching it I thought it was gonna be some cool Viewtiful Joe successor, and was really excited!... Well that feeling dissapeared instantly!

I'm really starting to give up hope with Third Party's!

I just hope Factor 5 will step in and save the day!

Why the f*ck is that that even Capcom isn't producing visuals to match the quality of their GC titles, they gave us Resi 4 ffs!

And yes this title and Spyborgs are in their early stages, but they don't hold a torch to the stylisation of Viewtiful Joe!

I mean come on, compare original trailers:

I mean come on, compare original trailers:

the very fact that joe's trailer is in english with english voice acting makes me doubt it's even original.

the very fact that joe's trailer is in english with english voice acting makes me doubt it's even original.
The last thing I care about is what accent they're talking in!

The first trailers are meant to leave you wanting more, not make you want to leave!

If that's what we have to look forward to from Captain Rainbow, count me out!

Another issue, another teaser. Capcom still won't let NGamer talk about their mystery project, which is due to be announced soon.

Back in June, we reported that the rather trustworthy British magazine NGamer had teased readers with a short preview of an "ultra top secret Wii title" which was said to be a surprising take on a next-gen classic. Here's a quote from Issue #26 of NGamer, where we receive a similar teaser:

"Sadly, we still can't name the mystery game that has us more excited than any of the others on this page. Capcom promise to maul us into our graves should we spill the beans, despite the fact that by the time you're reading this the game could well be announced. Needless to say, it's worlds away from the fluffiness of Zack & Wiki..."

Capcom revealed their E3 line-up yesterday, and whilst their Wii list was rather lacking, the appearance of mystery title Flock (which Capcom refuse to talk about) had fans speculating like there was no tomorrow (which is today). We think it's safe to conclude that Flock and Capcom's mystery Wii project are in fact one and the same.

Expect to hear full confirmation at E3 next week...

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12025

It's got to be Flock.

Thanks for postiing the news here, Tellyn, its much better than going to the Portal :)

Hum, i tought the mystery project was Captain Rainbow, weird.

Hum, i tought the mystery project was Captain Rainbow, weird.

Cpt Rainbow has been confirmed as being made by Nintendo hasn't it?