NEurope
Tellyn

New Capcom Wii Title Still Coming

Thought Spyborgs was Capcom's "or something like that" title? Think again, they're cooking up something else entirely.

Late last month, we reported that Capcom were planning a Wii title similar to Lost Planet and Bionic Commando which would be announced over the coming weeks. Shortly after our story, Capcom announced the madcap Saturday morning TV style title Spyborgs, leading us to believe that Spyborgs was indeed the mysterious "or something like that" title. How wrong we were.

Issue #25 of NGamer Magazine features a very small preview of Spyborgs, with an enigmatic quote nestled within. "There's a bullet with our name on it if we speak of their ultra top secret Wii title (a surprising take on a next-gen favourite), so we'll stick to the safer, though still intruiging, Spyborgs."

A new take on a next-gen favourite? Bionic Commando and Lost Planet are definite possibilities then. Just to get you salivating like a rabid dog over the possibilities, we hear Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and Dead Rising have quite a fan following as well.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11949

So its a game that's already out or maybe coming out on next gen consoles? If so, I guess that would exclude Megaman and Breath of Fire?

Well Mega Man 9 got confirmed to be in development by a document about it getting released, so i'm hoping maybe that.

I'm really split but Capcom, on the one hand they have released some amazing titles on the WIi. On the other hand they are supporting the 360 and PS3 way more. Those two mystery titles being Wii titles will soon chop that hand off though :)

Well Mega Man 9 got confirmed to be in development by a document about it getting released, so i'm hoping maybe that.

Unless they made it a AAA game with a big production, I'd rather megaman 9 be a DS game; it would take so much work to bring it to the Wii (or even 360, ps3)

I think it's a multi-platform title aswell, so dunno if it'll be just the DS.

Mega Man hasn't yet gone next-gen, which is why I didn't include it in the possibilities. :)

It hasn't? Oh well, thought it might of been on XBL arcade or something. When was Megaman 8 out?

Devil May Cry or Resi would be jawesome, wonder what it is though, guess it's one of those mystery titles that'll be shown at E3.

There's something weirdly quirky about Dead Rising that makes me think it is just so suited to a Nintendo console.

Bet it's that.

There's something weirdly quirky about Dead Rising that makes me think it is just so suited to a Nintendo console.

Bet it's that.

I really hope you're right, cuz that would kick but.

Or, like I've said previously, an RE2 remake with the game mechanics of RE4.

A Wii Dead Rising would be awesome. The Wiimote would be great for all the random items that you can find. That along with an improved UI etc should be awesome.

Just wondering though, how well will the Wii handle the big crowds of DR? It was relatively early in the 360's life, so the Wii must be able to get somewhat near it surely?

I wouldn't mind seeing some form of Devil May Cry on the Wii as although I have never played one of the games, I always thought they looked pretty cool and interesting.. and something I wanted to play :heh:

I wouldn't mind seeing some form of Devil May Cry on the Wii as although I have never played one of the games, I always thought they looked pretty cool and interesting.. and something I wanted to play :heh:

Please no! I really dont like the games. Based on a next gen game, number one wuld be Res 5; but a new take on a next gen game?!?! Dead Rising or Bionic Commando for me

I'm getting a feeling it's Dead Rising too since it sounds like they mean a franchise that was created for the "next gen" and it seems like the one that they'd do something with for some reason I can't put my finger on.

If it is Dead Rising though I think it'll be a very stylised take and have some big changes to the concept

oh please god not megaman

Least it's not one of the vast spin-offs and a proper game in the series. I doubt now it's even MegaMan, though it is multi-platform so it might get a Wii release, but just not the game that this topic is about.

It won't be MegaMan since it's already known and also the post mentions it's a next gen game, so it can't be that anyway, two different games.

I actually hope for something set in the Bionic Commando universe. I think in Rearmed (it took me until this very moment to get that pun) you swing around quite a lot and somehow I imagine this could be fun with the Wiimote.

I hope so! I would love something like this from Capcom. I also want some news on Monster Hunter 3!

I also want some news on Monster Hunter 3!

Agreed! I love the series so much and cant wait to see how the Wii version turns out. I have a feeling that it wont be at E3 but will probably make its first real apperance at TGS, especially seeing as Japan goes crazy for anything MH related while the west just gives it a meh reception.

Yea, can't wait for news on this. One game i'm really looking forward to. I don't think it was on Capcoms E3 list though, i'm really hoping for some sort of trailer at TGS though. It's first proper appearance should have an epic reception.

EDIT - Capcom E3 list:

Bionic Commando (PC, PS3, X360)

Bionic Commando Rearmed (PC, PS3, X360)

Capcom Project #1 - Megaman 9

Capcom Project #2 - "Surprising take on next-gen favourite" game

Dark Void (PC, PS3, X360)

MotoGP 08 (other)

Neopets Puzzle Adventure (PC, Wii)

Plunder (PC, PS3, X360)

Resident Evil 5 (PS3, X360)

Spyborgs (Wii)

Street Fighter IV (PC, PS3, X360)

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3, X360)