Kurt Cobain's Ashes Stolen

NotAshley

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was behind the murder..?

I lol'd.

If she was, as she has been accused of by so many pissed off Cobain fans, why would she try and continue having a career? She had 3 albums after he died (with Hole, and solo). Her next one's coming out soon. The attention would just put more speculation of her, as it has.

It's just ridiculous what people think sometimes.

She was behind the murder..?

I lol'd.

If she was, as she has been accused of by so many pissed off Cobain fans, why would she try and continue having a career? She had 3 albums after he died (with Hole, and solo). Her next one's coming out soon. The attention would just put more speculation of her, as it has.

It's just ridiculous what people think sometimes.

Surely thats pretty damn obvious why she'd continue her music career even if she did kill Kurt? Money. Was your entire argument about her *not* killing Kurt purely because she'd hate what people thought of her if she persued a music career? She wants money. The attention that this whole news story will attract the media which she can turn into paid interviews etc.

Surely this was obvious?

But ofcourse, this conflicting opinion of ours was bound to happen. As I stated, I hate her. As you stated earlier, you love her.

Surely thats pretty damn obvious why she'd continue her music career even if she did kill Kurt? Money. Was your entire argument about her *not* killing Kurt purely because she'd hate what people thought of her if she persued a music career? She wants money. The attention that this whole news story will attract the media which she can turn into paid interviews etc.

Surely this was obvious?

But ofcourse, this conflicting opinion of ours was bound to happen. As I stated, I hate her. As you stated earlier, you love her.

I'd understand more if Amy Winehouse/Lindsay Lohan were his widow, people constantly in the press and doing nothing with their lives. She's been really stupid with drugs and stuff, but even so.

I don't understand why people need to draw conclusions on things.

Anyway, i'm over it.

Except I just have to add that Elvis is still alive, he just faked his own death.

You wouldn't understand.

To you, what defines a "lyrical genius" is putting Arnie quotes in their music. And the theme to Ghostbusters.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind. :blank:

Just because I like songs that have the previously mentioned qualities, doesn't mean I don't appreciate good lyrics. I find the works of Billy Joel and Elton John to be quite genius in the lyrical department.

Just because I like songs that have the previously mentioned qualities, doesn't mean I don't appreciate good lyrics. I find the works of Billy Joel and Elton John to be quite genius in the lyrical department.

Heh. I was only joking. :) I know you're a fan of "Hallelujah" (John Cale's version, yes?) that song's got some amazing lyrics.

I'll also agree with the Elton John and Billy Joel bit, although I'm the last person besides Mark Lamarr to be a fan of both.

I mean from Cobain.

Oh, erm...

Well. There's "Sliver". Who else could make a song about staying around your grandparent's house and make it sound good?

Everybody likes the overrated "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Probably some good lyrics in there, but I can't find them. (I hate that song, anyway.)

Actually, I think it's best if you ask a proper die-hard Nirvana fan. Preferably someone who knows where they were when they learnt that Kurt Cobain was dead. : peace:

Actually, I think it's best if you ask a proper die-hard Nirvana fan. Preferably someone who knows where they were when they learnt that Kurt Cobain was dead. : peace:

Asking one of those would probably get Smells Like Teen Spirit as a response... Christ that song is shit.

Asking one of those would probably get Smells Like Teen Spirit as a response... Christ that song is shit.

Okay. Your best bet is to find somebody who owns and has actually listened to their first album (which wasn't Nevermind.). They're probably harder to find, but they are definitely more easy to approach...

Murray, Something in the Way has pretty good lyrics. Have a gander at In Utero in general some nice little bits in that but I guess its all about what you like really though isn't it?

And to add to the flames, I'm anti-Courtney. On top of her horrendousness both while Cobain was alive and afterwards, she constantly fucked Dave Grohl around about the Nirvana right so they couldn't release any other stuff.

Nobody heard Stacked Dead Actors then?

I don't get why people dislike Courtney Love...

Becasue she was the Yoko Ono of Nirvana.

Edit: have a read of this http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/12-14-2001-8636.asp

Love the fact she thinks Dave Grohl is doing it to make a quick a buck. He clearly needs the cash after all.

I've never met a proper Nirvana fan who thinks smells like teen spirit is their best song. Hell even Nirvana hated it in the end.

Best Nirvana songs clearly:

About a Girl

Sliver

Heart Shaped Box

Drain you

Aneurysm

Best Nirvana songs clearly:

About a Girl

Sliver

Heart Shaped Box

Drain you

Aneurysm

Smells Like Teen Spirit was awesome because the first time you heard it it was like nothing else that was being played on the radio. The music of the early 90s was not great but Teen Spirit changed the whole music scene. But yeah, it's been overplayed.

My favourite Nirvana songs are:

Big Cheese

Rape Me

Very Ape

Mexican Seafood

Breed

Drain You

Kurt wrote lyrics that were pretty nonsensical but sounded nice when he sang them. I don't look for deep meaning in lyrics so his approach is fine by me.