NEurope
conzer16

Coke or Pepsi

What does N-E prefer?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What does N-E prefer?

Dr. Pepper!

Out of Coke and Pepsi, it's a draw. Neither tastes that good.

Oh and lets not talk about the coke from McDonalds... cos that isnt coke at all

McDonalds, Subway, Pubs, Bars...etc. You can always taste the water more than the Coke.

Urgh, what's people's obsession with Pepsi? I absolutely don't like it at all. I asked for a coke on Friday and was given a Pepsi (which isn't even all that popular around here, from what I know). I was not happy. Seriously, it tastes like a watered down coke or something, with a weird aftertaste. Bleh.

So Coca Cola for me. Though nothing beats fizzy water. *hides*

I think for pubs and restaurants, presuming thats what you mean by "asked for one", they use pepsi as its cheaper. But thats personal theory.

Although I can't really tell the difference [not tried] Coke is probably better.

Although I would love some Mountain Dew.

Mmm, mountain dew. They need to sell that in Britain.

Every time I've been to America on holiday I drink nothing but that since you can't get it over here :p

Mmm, mountain dew. They need to sell that in Britain.

Every time I've been to America on holiday I drink nothing but that since you can't get it over here :p

Me and thirtynine bought some in London once - it was in a shop called 'cybercandy' I think.

Me and thirtynine bought some in London once - it was in a shop called 'cybercandy' I think.

Yup, its in covent garden's Garrick Street just incase any one isnt aware, its a stop every time im nearby.

Chilled, resting in my hand lies the greatest orange flavoured soft drink ever conceived. A pinnacle of human creation and embarrassing to its rivals. The tragedy is that it is not available for everyone and not a big seller for the people who can have it. Britvic have created something truly beautiful, the 330ml can of orange flavoured Tango.

The Can

The exterior is truly a benchmark for the rest. From afar one might confuse it with the rest but go in closer and you notice the little things. Britvic’s engineers clearly spent a lot of time with this. Physically, it has the same dimensions as any other can and when full, you may not notice a difference but take a look when you’ve finished. The base of the can is significantly heavier than others through extra metal in the interior. Not only does this give the can a more comfortable gravitas, but it makes it harder to topple in an unfortunate swipe. The fine points of the shell don’t end here however.

The sides have clearly also been reinforced, in my Tango cans were significantly harder to crumple than both Fanta and Irn Bru (which have similar cans). In some cases I had trouble making a dent in the can. I also found it significantly easier to undo dents in the can. Graphically, the design is very pleasant; it comes in a tasteful black background, orange logo design with a black on white text. If I had to fault it I guess you could complain about the sideways text, which needs a tilt to read. The pull tab, tango’s Coup de’ Grace. In the hundreds of samples have I opened, not once has the can erupted or indeed sprayed at all at opening, even though the liquid is closer to the surface than other brands to compensate for the weightier can. The pull tab is miles ahead in ease of use as well, Boasting both a larger surface area and a flatter edge for lifting. In my tests on average I opened cans of Tango 0.23 seconds faster than cans of Fanta.

A small final note, the samples I used all came from 6 can multi packs, the plastic used to group the cans was the easiest to pierce with a finger, requiring a fraction of the force needed to open a pack of Fanta, however, Tango does still suffer from stuck cans in even amounts, requiring some tilting and a good grip to retrieve the prize.

The Drink

I have a confession to make; Fanta has been my drink of choice for over 10 years and hundreds of litres. Ignorance is truly bliss, clearly as after properly tasting tango I cannot go back. Tango is truly on a whole other level.

From a cold sample, approximately 1C, Tango is the perfect drink. It tingles without that burning sensation, it tastes of orange rather than burning sensation and the after taste is truly glorious. You truly have been tangoed. My problem with fanta as you may have picked up is that burning in the back of your throat that you get at cold levels which make you wince. Fanta has an optimum flavour and temperature which is hard to judge and easy to miss. In my tests, they both lost their bubble at around the same rate, I did not experiment with a flat test because that’s gross.

From a sample at room temperature, Tango just surpasses Fanta. At this temperature when drinking Tango it leaves you with a strange sensation have your mouth being fuller than it is, probably to do with the bubbles. Otherwise the flavour of orange is in fact enhanced however the bubbles do cause some disturbance. Fanta performed similarly however when tango is coupled with the magnificent can design there isn’t really much of a contest.

Conclusion

Tango is a far superior drink and I strongly encourage anyone who hasn’t made it their orange carbonated soft drink of choice to do so now. Britvic deserve to be rewarded for the work they put into Tango. This work was compiled with internal tests, the samples were bought from a high street supermarket between the weeks of 3/4/08 and 3/5/08.

Thats actually right, the coke from McDonalds isnt like the coke you buy in the can or bottles. Its a syrup which comes inside a bag and is hooked up to the machine and released with the fizzy water crap.

Urgh, what's people's obsession with Pepsi? I absolutely don't like it at all. I asked for a coke on Friday and was given a Pepsi (which isn't even all that popular around here, from what I know). I was not happy. Seriously, it tastes like a watered down coke or something, with a weird aftertaste. Bleh.

So Coca Cola for me. Though nothing beats fizzy water. *hides*

Fizzy water is tasty! :grin:

I <3 pepsi, but usually find myself drinking coke.

This is the exact same with me for some reason I always end up with coke.

I have 24 cans to get through! :D

Dr. Pepper!

Quoted again because it can't be said enough!

Fizzy water is tasty! :grin:

This is the exact same with me for some reason I always end up with coke.

I have 24 cans to get through! :D

Quoted again because it can't be said enough!

Is it me or does anyone get the initial rush of when you first drink a really cold coke after like a week off it? :S

I think for pubs and restaurants, presuming thats what you mean by "asked for one", they use pepsi as its cheaper. But thats personal theory.

Well it's not that normal around here to have Pepsi instead of Coca Cola. Seriously, it's kind of rare to see Pepsi around here. No advertising for it at all, no vending machines selling it... so it's kind of annoying when they give you Pepsi instead of a Coca Cola in a pub (and still just ask the same price for it too; €1.80 for some Pepsi, blah).

And oh god, don't get me started on Dr. Pepper. That stuff is blargh! Seriously, the few times I got to drink it my face like, went all D:

My boy tried to let me drink it again once and I was only able to take two small sips. That stuff tastes like some horrible coughing medicine.

Coke all the way, although Pepsi is a formidable substitute. And Pepsi is always on offer as well, whereas Coke isn't, so i usually drink Pepsi more.

And Dr. Pepper is awesome! But not as good as Cherry Coke.

As i said in the images thread though, all fizzy drinks must be drunk FIZZY! Any flat version is rotten and wrong.

Both Pepsi and Coca-Cola promise much, but only Barr Cola delivers.

Is it me or does anyone get the initial rush of when you first drink a really cold coke after like a week off it? :S

I get that too! : peace: I normally only have coke on the weekends so each week I get this feeling!

Well it's not that normal around here to have Pepsi instead of Coca Cola. Seriously, it's kind of rare to see Pepsi around here. No advertising for it at all, no vending machines selling it... so it's kind of annoying when they give you Pepsi instead of a Coca Cola in a pub (and still just ask the same price for it too; €1.80 for some Pepsi, blah).

And oh god, don't get me started on Dr. Pepper. That stuff is blargh! Seriously, the few times I got to drink it my face like, went all D:

My boy tried to let me drink it again once and I was only able to take two small sips. That stuff tastes like some horrible coughing medicine.

This is true when I was in Belgium for a week I didn't see a single pepsi and everywhere I went I was served coke! :D

Hehe!, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad time with Dr. Pepper Eenuh. :)

I started off drinking it not sure whether i was hating it or loving it (a bit like cranberry Juice) and eventually once I had drunk enough of it I grew to love it. :grin:

What tastes like medicine to me is fizzy vimto. :shakehead

I love diet coke but i miss drinking Coca-Cola Vanilla and Coca-Cola Orange. :sad:

Pepsi is the peak of everything awesome. If awesome was a hill, Pepsi would be Ranulph Fiennes.

Coke vanilla is horrible. Anything vanilla flavoured is disgusting apart from ice cream. Wierd.

I prefer Pepsi in restaurants with a meal, but normally, Diet Coke. Oh yeah, the Pepsi has to be diet too.

I like both. Sod off!

Heh. Reminds me of what Alan Partridge said about it: "It tastes like fizzy Benylin!"

Coke Vanilla - NOW you're talking.

Ugh, don't get me started on that crap. Almost as bad as Pepsi Cino.

Root Beer > Doctor Pepper > Pepsi > Coke

Never tried Mountain Dew.