N-Europe

Reviews so far:

Famitsu: 40/40

EDGE: 10/10

Eurogamer: 9/10

Nowgamers: 9.3/10

Edge 10/10:

Bayonetta's received a stunning ten out of ten verdict in the latest issue of Edge Magazine. We can't say we were expecting that.

The gushing review calls the Platinum Games brawler "flawless" and "the kind of game you dream of playing". Don't hold back, Edge boys...

"From start to finish its intricate and intuitive fighting system is a masterclass, and it even finds time to reclaim vehicle levels. This is about as good as it gets," the magazine says.

"A thirdperson action game from the same school as Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta has just memorised the best bits and burned down the building, its combination of seamless animation, sensory cues and riotous imagination setting a new standard."

Edge says the combat system "breaks new ground" and the story is "funny", but also finds time to be tender in places.

"It's a beautiful and graceful fighting game that lets imagination loose, and winks before slapping Dante, Kratos and every other hero back to the drawing board."

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've completely ignored this game because it's a busty female wearing hardly anything, with guns, guns on her shoes, lots of focus on her ass and breasts, oh, and lots of average looking gameplay.

But... it's good?

Is there a demo out?

The demo is out for Japan and the english demo is out for the people that become members of Sega's free pass.[Xbox360]

Gamersyde Review

VERDICT:

Despite some weaker parts and a technical side not always at the top, Bayonetta easily becomes the new reigning king of the modern Beat'Em All genre. With a gameplay as deep as it is easy to understand, an incredibly varied arsenal and numerous enemies and bosses, Platinum released here nothing less than THE new reference. A game that no player that considers himself a gamer should miss.

Edge:

Gears of War - 8/10

Gears of War 2 - 9/10

Devil May Cry - 8/10

Devil May Cry 2 - 6/10

Devil May Cry 3 - 8/10

Devil May Cry 4 - 8/10

Ninja Gaiden - 9/10

Ninja Gaiden II - 8/10

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

I've completely ignored this game because it's a busty female wearing hardly anything, with guns, guns on her shoes, lots of focus on her ass and breasts, oh, and lots of average looking gameplay.

But... it's good?

Is there a demo out?

You can download a demo and burn it to a disk, play it through an unmodded 360. It's been around for quite some time (if you go back through this thread to when a few of us had a go).

It's good, but the demo doesn't really show enough diversity to warrant that Edge 10.

I new nothing about this game until i watched the latest episode of Insiders on the 360, must admit it has my interest now and i shall be looking into it abit more!

Is there a demo out?

The insiders episode said there is a demo out on 360 on 03/12/09 (pretty sure it's that date... if not it was definatly early December time).

I new nothing about this game until i watched the latest episode of Insiders on the 360, must admit it has my interest now and i shall be looking into it abit more!

The insiders episode said there is a demo out on 360 on 03/12/09 (pretty sure it's that date... if not it was definatly early December time).

we watched it at eurogamers...I even played it.

we watched it at eurogamers...I even played it.

lol seriously? Was i with u? Where abouts was it?

I'm feeling so stupid right now!!!

EDIT: My memory has returned! It was near the front as we walked in one of the buildings wasn't it!! And i do remember thinking it looked good.

Can't believe i completly forgot seeing it... Thanks for reminding me!

Edited by Mike1988uk
Memory returned!!

The demo is out for Japan and the english demo is out for the people that become members of Sega's free pass.[Xbox360]

Gamersyde Review

Edge:

Gears of War - 8/10

Gears of War 2 - 9/10

Devil May Cry - 8/10

Devil May Cry 2 - 6/10

Devil May Cry 3 - 8/10

Devil May Cry 4 - 8/10

Ninja Gaiden - 9/10

Ninja Gaiden II - 8/10

Don't you mean God Of War?

Coz... Gears Of War doesn't really fit in this context.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bayonetta-faceoff

Bayonetta kicks off with a level called the Falling Clock Tower, a name which only provides a very basic description of the sheer visual majesty to which you are witness. If you've played it in the 360 demo, you'll know that it's very, very special (though it's even better in the full game). It is also completely missing from the respective PS3 sampler, and looking at the final release, it is not difficult to see why. Frame-rate is often running at half the speed of the 360 version and the performance impact, combined with the sheer amount of stuff going on, essentially makes the PS3 version more confusing than playable: you're starved of visual feedback.