Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MadWorld

marcel

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the store to buy it today, looked at the ridiculously high price and exit the store without the game. I think I'll wait to find a second hand copy (won't be too long since the game is pretty short), wait for a price drop or search the internet for a lower cost.

£29.99 is a ridculous price? That's ridiculous :heh:

65 euros in the french shops. Don't know the equivalent in £.

And yes, it's ridiculous. It's 15 euros more than the average price of a Wii game.

If I had a job, I would have bought it but my wallet is a little empty so I look closely what I buy.::shrug:

65 Euros is rediculous, that's something like £55!

Amazon.co.uk is the place to buy it, if they ship to the rest of Europe?

Actually, its 60£, the £ its practically equal to €. That's why I (and everyone I know) buys stuff from Game UK, or other British online retailers, the ports are little more than 1€ most of the times.

Again, you British have no idea how cheap games and consoles are over there. At least now anyway.

Edited by Shino
LOL sheep = cheap

Played through the first two levels so I'm well into it now. It really is a game which is just as fun as you make it. I'm not surprised if some people find it to be a generic beat 'em up, but for those who want to delve deeper for a little more creativity - ie, five signposts through the skull followed by a throw into a spike - it really is an incredibly fun game.

Order done at Game UK and Madworld's price drops to 37€, shipping include... I think I'm gonna import my games now.

And I must thank the guys who decided to overprice the game in France (reminds me of Conker's Bad Fur Day coincidentally...). I wouldn't have realized the benefit I could get from importing games from UK without them.

I'm actually proud that there are some gamers in the comments section making valid points about this game.

It doesn't matter if the system is family friendly or not. If retailers sell this game to anyone under the age of 18, it is the fault of retailers and parents. Not the creators.

I personally think that it was an awesome bit of publicity. :)

Great advertising, just wish i'd have found one of the severed arms.

Seriously it's all getting a bit pathetic, won't be long before they have a violent videogame tax. Won't solve anything but hey!! they'll have more money to spend on wars, health & safety officers & so called do-gooders.

Picked it up today.. can't remember what the cost was, brought a few DS games and old DVDs to trade in and they were doing an offer of 20% extra for Trade Ins and ended up not having to pay anything extra... plus a 2 euro credit note left over, haha.

Anyway, the game is pretty awesome, played 5 levels... running round new areas trying to see what is available to use is cool, just seeing stuff and planning what to do, haha.

The style is awesome, like playing a graphic novel works pretty damn well.

Controls are nice too, picked up easy enough.

One gripe I have with it is the text can be a bit small... plus if you want to replay the 1st level you have to go through the bloody tutorial again, damnit.

Time to get bloody!

Great advertising, just wish i'd have found one of the severed arms.

Seriously it's all getting a bit pathetic, won't be long before they have a violent videogame tax. Won't solve anything but hey!! they'll have more money to spend on wars, health & safety officers & so called do-gooders.

Yeah the fat ad controversy too..

Getting my ass kicked by Frank... Damn he's cheap.

Currently where I am at the moment. Only attempted to beat him (and failed) the once though so far.

Haven't been having any problems with the difficulty , as I do feel it is set just right.

Despite my concerns over the possibility of repetition setting in , there have still been far too many epic kills to outweigh this and going through the earlier levels again and uncovering new methods keeps this fresh (for the moment anyway).

I do however agree with some of the minor gripes that have been mentioned already , small text and the fact it stays up for a little too long , camera isn't great and the repeating of the tutorial is a pain. Also have experienced some problems with the lock on but nothing thats too annoying.

Really hope that this does well otherwise some of these third parties may have a valid excuse to try to continue with the overload of shovelware that is a bit too prominent on the console.

Finally managed to finish the first level today. It's not a reflection on my skill level, more the fact that I've had to take various measures to ensure my younger sister/parents don't walk in to a blood-drenched screen and thugs with sign-posts through their heads screaming expletives at me.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. Loving the Black Baron's scenes, and the little cutscene before Little Eddie where Jack slices through the big chunk of metal with his chainsaw was brilliant.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!