Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Heroes Season 3 *Beware of Spoilers*

Dante

But how?

If the bomb never blew up New York, then those future versions should no longer exist? Damn more time paradoxes to confuse my tiny brain:shakehead

Plus how does Peter have a scar if he can HEAL :indeed:

Still... very much looking forward to more Heroes :yay: :yay: :yay:

This is Heroes. Ipso facto its a plothole probably. But ah well!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is sylar starting to be less...evil... i know he's all eat and kill this etc, but after his long stint with no powers, he seems less evil...

I wonder if the disease thingy is cuz of the suresh cure or sylars new powers...

Is it me or is sylar starting to be less...evil... i know he's all eat and kill this etc, but after his long stint with no powers, he seems less evil...

I wonder if the disease thingy is cuz of the suresh cure or sylars new powers...

Well he did kill folk...thats kinda evil. :)

Yes, but Hiro went backwards from the present. He also went to the future and saw New York Post Bomb, but they managed to change that.

True this could have created 2 timelines, ala Zelda: OOT, but still how do "Bomb Future" People come to the past of a timeline when the bomb didn't blow up the city? If going to a point in their past "post bomb" it should be from their timeline, if they went back further to a point "pre-bomb" before the split in the timeline then it would be ok.

right...i'm over thinking way too much :heh::shakehead

What i meant was; what if fate has already decided how things will end up. Think Final Destination. Sure, they stop the bomb, but fate then gives them a new "bomb" and everything carries on down that pre-destined path again. The scenario is slightly different, but the outcome is predicted to be the same.

A bit like Hiro. He went back in time to save that girl from Sylar (which he could have done), fate then gives her a brain tumour resulting in Hiro giving up. If he'd known about Linderman at the time then he would have convinced him to cure her, then saved her from Sylar and im betting she still would have died.

What i meant was; what if fate has already decided how things will end up. Think Final Destination. Sure, they stop the bomb, but fate then gives them a new "bomb" and everything carries on down that pre-destined path again. The scenario is slightly different, but the outcome is predicted to be the same.

A bit like Hiro. He went back in time to save that girl from Sylar (which he could have done), fate then gives her a brain tumour resulting in Hiro giving up. If he'd known about Linderman at the time then he would have convinced him to cure her, then saved her from Sylar and im betting she still would have died.

Ah righty i get ya now.

That painting up above is pretty awesome... looks like Sylar at the bottom too... how much longer till September?

Isn't 616 the calling card of the devil. I mean I know 666 is traditionally used but I swear I saw something on QI about it being general ignorance and 616 is the actual one.

Edit:

A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.

Ellen Aitken, a professor of early Christian history at McGill University, said the discovery appears to spell the end of 666 as the devil’s prime number.

“This is a very nice piece to find,†Dr. Aitken said. “Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast.â€

The tiny fragment of 1,500-year-old papyrus is written in Greek, the original language of the New Testament, and contains a key passage from the Book of Revelation.

Where more conventional versions of the Bible give 666 as the “number of the beast,†or the sign of the anti-Christ whose coming is predicted in the book’s apocalyptic verses, the older version uses the Greek letters signifying 616.

Source: Those Adrenaline Junkies over at Religion News Blog

The article I quoted is dated 3 years ago. Sorry, I know you're a marvel fan.

What do you mean? Im not implying anything, we could both be right or it could be not significant at all. :) (Or either could be right)

I thought it was approx that old, as I remember discussing it when I worked at the Trose'

Unless Isaac had access to an external lift, and Sylar can't fly [not yet anyway], I'm guessing Peter painted it whilst levietating.

Maybe the real bomb is to still go off? Since the future affected the past, maybe there was some alternations akin to the androids in DBZ, so that the bomb at the end of season 1, wasn't the real one that was predicted.
Yeah I've always got the impression that maybe the whole bomb thing of Season 1 didn't play out right.

I still struggle with 'Save the Cheerleader, Save the World'.

However you look at that phrase, to me it never really worked!

Oh and IGN have reported that the ONLY new regular for Season 3 is Angela Petrelli [who it would seem was never looked on as a regular before].

• 2 weeks later...

Will not apply to people who watch it online, but it's still nice considering BBC had to wait 3 decades before screening series one:

The third series of sci-fi hit Heroes will be broadcast on BBC Two shortly after it is first shown in the US.

Each episode will be shown "hopefully within a week" of its premiere on US network NBC, the channel said at the launch of its autumn line-up.

Source

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!