N-Europe

Mirror's Edge

Dan_Dare

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I am glad the PS3 for once is getting exclusive DLC over the 360. The whole DLC thing is pissing me off...bring the game out first see if people like it then properly assess what DLC will bring to the title rather than just using it as a means to get people buying a specific version...

Unless it really is a complete experience and the DLC is complete pants.

doesnt mean much really. DLC would probably be extra and something not even remotely critical to the game experience.

Lets see what happens. I have never been aware of decent exclusive dlc.

• 1 month later...

Who else played this, this week? I thought the demo was brilliant and the controls worked perfectly with the frenetic, fluid nature of the gameplay. The first-person view also creates a great sense of motion and danger - which adds to the tension. I found it really rewarding mapping out a route in my mind and just charging through the level at breakneck speed. My only gripe would be that the demo level was distincly linear, with little scope for diverging from the given path. Needless to say, it has piqued my interest considerably.

One of the most fun and definitely the most fresh playing game i've played all year. Not fond of the controls on the PS3 version, probably be far better on the 360 controller.

But yeah, glad i pre ordered it.

Fantastic game from the demo. If you are having shooter fatigue, it won't matter with this game as it really isn't a shooter. The genre definition of FPS doesn't really fit this game. Edge said it would work if it's Fast Paced Stunts though.

The first person view makes the game feeling so fresh and new, if it was a third person game it really wouldn't feel as invigorating as it does.

My only problem now is when to get it. With Little Big Planet and Resistance 2 my only preordered games for this year as money is tightish I think this will have to join Dead Space as game for next year.