N-Europe

Mirror's Edge

Dan_Dare

I'll tell you what..... That mission in the underground where you have to jump on the trains was sweet. Took me awhile to get the jump from one train to a faster train right but good level that one.

Taking my time to go through it (I did pay £40 after all so might as well get as much out of it as possible) so only just finished chapter 4. 5 more to go. Trying not to use guns is getting annoying now. Everytime I disarm someone I just want to pump them full of lead.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

The story was quite short. The final sections were getting on my nerves.

Managed to do it without using guns, apart from the chapter where you have to use one.

I did have to keep re trying some sections but the one right near the end the server room was a piss take. Took me probably 15 tries to do it.

On to time trials now and some of them are quite challenging.

Blargh! I'm on the chapter where your in the mall. I'm now at the bit where They've closed it off and I need to get to the roof. So, I break through the glass, smack one of the police guys around run to the left and up into the sort of ceiling space. I come to the glass and let the machine gun guy shot it out and I can clearly see what I'm supposed to do but can't do it. If I wallrun to get on the bar I'm off centre and can't land on the metal thing with all the lights hanging off. And I can't jump straight to the bar as it's too far out. Any pointers? My inability to do this is really annoying me. Was so tempted to get a gun and just nail that guy with the machine gun but I'm trying not to.

Blargh! I'm on the chapter where your in the mall. I'm now at the bit where They've closed it off and I need to get to the roof. So, I break through the glass, smack one of the police guys around run to the left and up into the sort of ceiling space. I come to the glass and let the machine gun guy shot it out and I can clearly see what I'm supposed to do but can't do it. If I wallrun to get on the bar I'm off centre and can't land on the metal thing with all the lights hanging off. And I can't jump straight to the bar as it's too far out. Any pointers? My inability to do this is really annoying me. Was so tempted to get a gun and just nail that guy with the machine gun but I'm trying not to.

you need to wall ru, jump to the bar and then fling yourself on to the gangway. Best way is to use slow mo and do it all in one move so you don't get shot to shit.

Finally finished chapter 5. Took forever. Managed to make it much harder for myself by killing all of the initial 3 policemen so had to do the jump onto the walkway with 4 guys shotting at me. But I did it. And at least next time I'll be wielding a gun so I'll be able to clear easier.

Had a go on chapter 6 and got stuck again. Just after the bit where you kill the sniper and jump on the zip line. Once I got to the end of it and was on the over hang, I couldn't work out where to go. And there isn't much time to think what with snipers shooting at you.

Finally finished chapter 5. Took forever. Managed to make it much harder for myself by killing all of the initial 3 policemen so had to do the jump onto the walkway with 4 guys shotting at me. But I did it. And at least next time I'll be wielding a gun so I'll be able to clear easier.

Had a go on chapter 6 and got stuck again. Just after the bit where you kill the sniper and jump on the zip line. Once I got to the end of it and was on the over hang, I couldn't work out where to go. And there isn't much time to think what with snipers shooting at you.

I'm still stuck on that bit :P after I swing I've made it onto the platform somehow, then died there. I even once got all 7 guards/swats before attempting it, and just fell to my doom. I hadn't thought of using slow-mo (never remember it) so I'll have to try it again, but goddamit it's far too frustrating for what it's worth.

At one point I ran round the corner and jumped over the side, got the achievement for landing feet first on an enemy then died, and had to keep restarting from that lower-level position!

I didn't know what to do then so I just ran right through them and slided under the door the police guys came from. Realized it was the wrong way when the game glitched and I fell what felt like several kilometers. After a while I could see the entire chapter area as a tiny dot far far above me^^

Completed seven chapters so far. I have no problems with the combat, I

have some troubles stealing the weapon sometimes, but other than I think it's actually fun. I like knocking out groups of soldiers even though I don't have to. What has annoyed the me the most is wall run. I don't know if it's something wrong with me or game, but sometimes it doesn't matter how I approach the wall, I will fail anyway.

I'm still stuck on that bit :P after I swing I've made it onto the platform somehow, then died there. I even once got all 7 guards/swats before attempting it, and just fell to my doom. I hadn't thought of using slow-mo (never remember it) so I'll have to try it again, but goddamit it's far too frustrating for what it's worth.

Yeah this is where I'm stuck as well. Seems they really should have redesigned that bit. The getting to it was weird as well, that grid ceiling thing.

Just to help at that bit I was stuck at and others are stuck at: Let the guards shoot out the glass. Stay back and let them run up the escalators. Wallrun and jump onto the bar. Once on it, rock the thumb stick forwards and backwards until you won't swing any faster. When you get to the peak of the swing, don't jump. You won't make it. Wait until you start to come back from the peak and jump. That'll sling you onto the platform without having to hang and then climb up. That's how I managed it.

Finished! Very good game. That last chapter in the room with the servers.... I was running around like a headless chicken as I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing or how to do it. Took 15 minutes before I figured out I only had to shot one of the servers in the 4 sections. Ending was sweet though. I know there'll be sequels so I'm looking forward to them.

Now to do the speed runs and another run through with guns to try and pick up the last 13/14 bags that I missed.

Close to finishing the main story mode in easy. Loving the game. Afew nitpicks but they are very minor. If you enjoyed the demo you will enjoy the final game. :smile:

Abit annoyed at the game's lack of sales performance. People ignored all the truly unique games. Others ignored them because they are lemmings for so called game critics.

^ I haven't seen the sales charts so don't know how it's doing but when I purchased my copy there were loads of other people buying it on the 360 and a couple on the PS3. So it can't have done too bad.

Hopefully it does well over time. The release date was not a blessing. :heh: Niether were the reviews from the gaming media (others love it). Upon play i can safely the real faults were hugely exaggerated or just rubbish quite frankly. No game is perfect but ME is one of those rare games that are very right.

To be fair numbers now maybe arent bad anyway but there is no doubt crap dominates at christmas anyway. COD:WAW is dominating right now even ahead of WOW:WOTLK. Similar situation with Motorstorm, great game but its kind of not getting what it deserves.

Either way i think ME is a great game but also a unique one. One you shouldnt afford to miss out on.

OK WTF, im on the ship and Im in the pipe system after shooting the enemies at the beginning. ive swung on the bars to go through a vent and now I can see I have some bars that are on a air con unit high up, but I cant reach it jumping doesn't work, I cant get a good enough run up for a wall run and jump, any helpers. The whole ship probably looks like what I have described but anyhelp would be appreaciated

Abit annoyed at the game's lack of sales performance. People ignored all the truly unique games. Others ignored them because they are lemmings for so called game critics.

see, not all unique games are ignored, hell guitar hero was pretty unique, that did well, very well infact, as are the wario ware games.

to be honest, if mirrors edge had been better marketed, it may have sold better. advertising was ok at best, and the time of release can't have helped.

as for being lemmings for folloing a game critic, well, its part of having to budget. i, like many outhers, simply dont have the money to spend on every game that tickles my fancy. havign a critic review a game really helps narrow choices down, but its not like people just read them and buy every 10 rated game that comes out, and ignore everything that scores under 8. they look for pros and cons that would apply to them. if i only had a few hours a week to game, the length of mirrors edge wouldn't be an issue, but as it happens im at a time in my life when all i have is free time, and very little money.

the demo of the game was also unconvincing. I spoke to a friend, who's pretty casual in his gaming tastes, it didn't appeal to him, i'm a bit more open to the quirky, and you know what, i didn't rate it either.

claiming the lack of sales are totaly down to its uniqueness and the critics is ignoring the key factor that sells games: consumer taste.

This game is both wonderful and frustrating at the same time. One minute I am free-running on top of beautifully drawn rooftops, effortlessly stringing together parkour moves. The next I am swearing at a stupid helicoptor gunship, all I want to do is try and figure out how to get to that bright red crane, but no, I have to run around trying to dodge bullets. It really upsets the flow of the game. There was just no need to include gunfights in this game......at all.

OK WTF, im on the ship and Im in the pipe system after shooting the enemies at the beginning. ive swung on the bars to go through a vent and now I can see I have some bars that are on a air con unit high up, but I cant reach it jumping doesn't work, I cant get a good enough run up for a wall run and jump, any helpers. The whole ship probably looks like what I have described but anyhelp would be appreaciated

When you get up there in the first place there's a wall to your right (you're standing on an air vent at the time). You have to wall run across that to get some height and then jump left across to the bars.

It's one of the best puzzles in the game imo, was so satisfying when i worked it out :yay:

This game is both wonderful and frustrating at the same time. One minute I am free-running on top of beautifully drawn rooftops, effortlessly stringing together parkour moves. The next I am swearing at a stupid helicoptor gunship, all I want to do is try and figure out how to get to that bright red crane, but no, I have to run around trying to dodge bullets. It really upsets the flow of the game. There was just no need to include gunfights in this game......at all.

Exactly my opinion. Without combat it'd have been a GOTY contender from my point of view, it's a really good game! How they didn't realise that they were wrecking it is beyond me! It feels like the developers got carried away with ideas, they added hand-to-hand combat, gunplay and bullet time to a game that doesn't need it and then executed all 3 in a pretty dire way :(

Here's hoping they scrap the idea of a sequel and make something more to the Portal type of model. I nice, simple platform/puzzle game is what i'd like :)

The combat is nothing tho. Which is why i am annoyed. Its funny hearing people in shooters saying oh wait till next chapter it gets better or play in coop... In ME every chpater is fun. The action bits are tiny bits and over quickly as well or they utilise your escape skills. Seems to be people are forgiving of huge flaws in shooters yet when an innovative game comes along with a minor minor issue people nitpick it to death.

Stupid nitpickers. I'd love to see some of you take these standards to Tomb Raider.

Combat = Not good. Trying to kill someone when not using a gun turns into a QTE or hammer the right trigger-fest. Shame.

Gameplay over all is pretty fun, but it can seriously infuriating in sections. Just started chapter 4 last night. Probably finish it tonight.