N-Europe

Prince of Persia

Dan_Dare

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/princeofpersia

Most reviews are 9's. I guess the low reviews are from idiots trying to get off on being 'critical'. Nevertheless its averaging a very high 85 on Metacritic.

Great game so far. Surprised it has not sold so great. Unlike Mirror's Edge the frustration never kicks in. The open world elements are really well handled and work better than you would expect looking at trailers. The characters are great, especially for a game. Most importantly the game is fun. Yes it could be bwtter but the game is definately fresh and treading some new ground with using Elika for cutting out frustration. Its not a hard game (unlike Mirror's Edge) but its more fun to play. IMO its worth trying out.

Unlike what i can say for games like Dead Space which i had to force myself to finish.

Also is it worth getting the special edition?

3326704x.jpg

Exclusive content:

Scratch card with unique code to unlock exclusive in-game skins for the Prince (Prince "Classic" skin) and Elika ("Farah" skin)

High quality collector box set featuring varnish and metallic blue arabesque finish

Exclusive 24-page Comic book unveiling the backstory of the Hunter, one of the key bosses of the game

Bonus DVD including soundtrack, videos, e-goodies, widget and more!

Most reviews are 9's. I guess the low reviews are from idiots trying to get off on being 'critical'. Nevertheless its averaging a very high 85 on Metacritic.

If I rated the game after the first one or two hours, it would have easily been a 9.

I disagree about easy being bad. You technically will make alot of mistakes in the game that are equivalent of deaths but Elika makes it seems like its not the case. Which is brilliant because if it were not the case i doubt hardly anyone would even bother playing the game.

The feeling of having Elika save you makes the game feel so calm. Its literally a soothing experience. I feel good each time i play it. Everytime you heal a land you look around and want explore the lovely sights. The satisfaction of doing is great.

IMO one of my favourite games of the generation so far.

For me, Elika's saving doesn't forgive deaths due to:

- Buttons not registering (Elika's jump seems to be the least responsive by far)

- Short framerate freezes.

- Trying to explore.

- A few bad camera angles.

Here is how i feel:

- Buttons not registering (Elika's jump seems to be the least responsive by far): The window for using the button is quite wide open.

- Short framerate freezes. Have not experienced any so far. Framerate is stable as a rock.

- Trying to explore. Its easy to teleport if you have healed areas. The passages to other areas are always impressive! The unique take on exploration is brilliant.

- A few bad camera angles. Yes but it sminor. The work required for a manual camera would be alot of time wasted.

I dont know how the above complaints relate to Elika either.

The one thing i think could be improved is the combat. But thats a minor quibble so far.

I think it'll become more than a minor quibble once you progress further. For me, the only bad thing about the game is how tedious and repetitive the combat is. It's bad enough you have to fight the same bosses over and over, but it's made worse by the fact you keep getting the same QTEs and patterns of attack.

It's great that the fights are now one-on-one, as it makes the fighting less of a distraction from the exploring, but with the boss fights it becomes clear that the engine has a lot to be desired.

Well, there's a boss at the end of each world, so that's quite a bit of action. Not overwhelmingly so, but when it's so boring to play it adds up.

Personally, I wish they had the guts to have a game that is void of any combat. There has yet to be a perfect Prince of Persia game thanks to the fight mechanics - just ditch it.

As far as i can remember, i'm about halfway through the game. Currently have 2 of the 4 powerpads activated and am working through each section of the corrupt world.

Really need to play more of this, its next on the list after Nuts and Bolts is done.

Unlike what i can say for games like Dead Space which i had to force myself to finish.

I was the other way round, I loved Dead Space and could not put it down, even going through it a second time to pick up the Trophies. I am about half way through Prince of Persia and just can't be arsed.

Still amazed by this game. Nearing the end though :( The game is magical. Wish more games were made like this. Cant get the music or artstyle out of my head. :heh:

Hit a glitch where i did not activate a boss battle and was falling through the ground. Restart fixed that.

I was the other way round, I loved Dead Space and could not put it down, even going through it a second time to pick up the Trophies. I am about half way through Prince of Persia and just can't be arsed.

Have you played RE4 because Dead Space is a poor quality ripoff. The amount of stumbling blocks in the gameplay design were atrocious. The game felt like it never takes off as it is littered by so many nuissances.

6920d1212680222-prince-of-persia-prodigy-pc-ds-ps3-pop_s_012.jpg

6911d1212680144-prince-of-persia-prodigy-pc-ds-ps3-pop_s_001.jpg

350750_full.jpg

323140_full.jpg

prince-of-persia-20081113032949317_640w.jpg

prince-of-persia-20080523031952933_640w.jpg

prince-of-persia-20080523032029933_640w.jpg

prince-of-persia-20080527114807517_640w.jpg

Finished it. One of the best games this generation.

The ending was brilliant. Might do a trophy run soon as an excuse. The game is just so good.

I would of done a trophy run if I could replay the game without starting from stratch, really pissed me off.

I would of done a trophy run if I could replay the game without starting from stratch, really pissed me off.

Yeah this game has alot of annoying trophies. which is why id ecided ot just enjoy the game. Aiming for trophies on your first run is counter productive to enjoying the game.

Yeah this game has alot of annoying trophies. which is why id ecided ot just enjoy the game. Aiming for trophies on your first run is counter productive to enjoying the game.

agreed.

play first for fun, then collect trophies/acchivments after. if my intial play style isnt natural, im screwing myself over. why pay £40 for somthing if my only goal is to meet a ,lsut of criterea?

Finished it. One of the best games this generation.

The ending was brilliant. Might do a trophy run soon as an excuse. The game is just so good.

Ok...trust gained. It's now on my list of games to get. With it already being around the 20 notes mark I'll wait a bit longer and I'll get it even cheaper. Probably 5 pounds cheaper :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!