NEurope
darksnowman

SimCity Creator

Wasn't their disasters in the very first Sim City?

I think this looks amazing!

Lol! :D

I never understood what to do with it. I tried a number of times! This was when I was much younger. I haven't played one since then. ^_______^

LOL, I know, Back in the day I'd just lay a patch of commercial land down and expect it to grow into a skycraper-caped city.

Wasn't their disasters in the very first Sim City?

I think this looks amazing!

Yeah but stuff like Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and even aliens but this giant robot and fire breathing stuff kinda takes the biscuit.

LOL, I know, Back in the day I'd just lay a patch of commercial land down and expect it to grow into a skycraper-caped city.

Hehe! :heh:

I spent about half an hour laying down roads not sure of what else I could do and then switching the game off to play this odd Indiana Jones game! :)

I also used to create nice patterns with the road and then give up.

I'd pick this game up again and try it properly but I don't think I want this new Wii version

Yeah but stuff like Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and even aliens but this giant robot and fire breathing stuff kinda takes the biscuit.

well in the snes version of the original published by nintendo you could have bowser attacking a city:D the craziness was always there to be fair.

well in the snes version of the original published by nintendo you could have bowser attacking a city:D the craziness was always there to be fair.

Actually wouldn't mind that Nintendo co-play, would give the game more character. Those fire breathing things look like king Dodongo.

Slightly interested in this title. But I always sucked at sim city games in the past as I was probably too young to understand what was required of me.

Surely the N64 could have puller off those latest screens!

they dont look great to me either but they are greatly zoomed in and in all fairness there has to allow thousands of buildings on one screen . Im not sure how difficult that is to do but im sure it matters.

just as i suspected they are basically doing what MYSIMS did to the THESIMS on the wii and ds with SIMCITYCREATOR is doing to SIMCITY on the wii and ds.

Make it cartoony and simplified..Mysims wasnt a bad effort overall though so ill see how this holds out.

I like your attitude to this one McJ! I'm gonna keep open to it until we have solid impressions and stuff on the game rather than these screens. I want this to turn out good. It doesn't have to be the best SimCity to date- the Snes one was the first one I played, and I put alot of time into SimCity 3000, so if Creator can be somewhere around that level, then it should be ok.

(I hope.)

Better quality here.

Basically, EA will bring SimCity to the Wii in an adapted form for the WiiMote, and make it more of a console game.

I think this is going to be very awesome :smile:

Some screens:

simcity-creator-20080730113220316.jpg

simcity-creator-20080730113237784.jpg

simcity-creator-20080730113312768.jpg

Screens look horrific, see the trailer for a good impression.

when did they decide to go with this "wacky image"

call me crazy but i still think the best sim city is the first one or maybe even 2000

Please don't. I just remember my city always being reduced to shit, never getting anywhere and constantly being out of power despite being linked to god knows how many power stations.

God, damnit.

This game has a lot of potential to be amazing; but god is that trailer annoying. Why must, on all wii adverts, the people look like complete gimps? Who plays their Wiis with their arm fully out stretched pointing at the screen? Who plays their Wiis with an inane grin, especially when you doing something so smile-inducing as laying down a road. I'm sorry, but the biggest concentration face and your tongue coming out your mouth is the only face people we'll be pulling doing stuff like that!

But the games looks pretty good, really like Sim City games, really liked what they did on the DS and really hope they nail this!

Could be great.

I just hope it's easier than the first game. My city used to grow greatly, and suddenly just start dying for no good reason.

Unfortunately this isn't a proper SimCity game, much in the same was Societies wasn't. Until they bring out a real sequel to Sim City 4 there won't be a true new Sim City game. By the looks of it though CitiesXL seem to provide a great city building experience.

What constitutes a 'proper' Sim City' game? Whats this missing? Hope nothing too drastic.... :(

By "Proper" I mean in depth. Take a look at the complicated zoning structure and demand system in Sim City 4. In these type of games buildings shouldn't be "plopable".

By "Proper" I mean in depth. Take a look at the complicated zoming structure and demand system in Sim City 4. In these type of games buildings shouldn't be "plopable".

Exactly, I hate the fact they keep calling these games "Sim City". It's not a Sim City game at all, the last proper one was Sim City 4 as you say. I want a proper sequal, not something with the name tagged on the front so it shifts more copies.

Would you say Sim City 2000 is better than this game, you know, the one you don't really know much about (;))? Because for me, Sim City 2000 was the best one, so if it's as basic as that then fine with me!

I wouldn't say 2000 is the best, I still think 4 is the best but I could say that 2000 probably will be much better than this. Sim City seems to have lost it's sole recently with this new generation of games. EA seem to busy plowing out "Sim" games everywhere, SimAnimals anyone?

SimCity games should be complicated and geared towards the more experience audience. You only have to look at the lackluster SimCity Societies which recived 63% on gamerankings while SimCity 4 got 85%.

I wouldn't say 2000 is the best, I still think 4 is the best but I could say that 2000 probably will be much better than this. Sim City seems to have lost it's sole recently with this new generation of games. EA seem to busy plowing out "Sim" games everywhere, SimAnimals anyone?

SimCity games should be complicated and geared towards the more experience audience. You only have to look at the lackluster SimCity Societies which recived 63% on gamerankings while SimCity 4 got 85%.

I think they've actually calmed down with the sim games when compared to the 90's. Anyone remember

• Sim Copter
  • Sim Ant
  • Sim Farm
  • Sim Forrest
  • Sim earth
  • Sim hospital

And I think there's still a bunch more I remember.

I don't really see why this should be any worse than any other sim game. I just wish it would be like Sim City 64, where you were supposed to be able to go down on ground level and see everything from first person.

I think they've actually calmed down with the sim games when compared to the 90's. Anyone remember

• Sim Copter
  • Sim Ant
  • Sim Farm
  • Sim Forrest
  • Sim earth
  • Sim hospital

And I think there's still a bunch more I remember.

I don't really see why this should be any worse than any other sim game. I just wish it would be like Sim City 64, where you were supposed to be able to go down on ground level and see everything from first person.

Oh hell there was loads back then, I even had Sim Safari. I just think Sim City should be kept as it is.

Also, there was no "Sim Hospital", it was Theme Hospital and was fooking amazing.

I would love to see bowser back destroying the city like he did in the first sim city on the snes:smile: :smile: :smile: But sadly of course that can't happen