NEurope
darksnowman

SimCity Creator

Apparently SimCity games for Wii and DS has cropped up on an EA release list:

SimCity Creator 26-Sep NDS

SimCity Creator 26-Sep Wii

SimCity on the Wii would be a good thing and, provided it turns out to be a quality game (as well as true), then if these release dates are accurate SimCity could be a birthday present from me to me this year- the VC download needs something to keep it company.

Dunno what "Creator" means. Sure SimCity has always been a creation game...

Apparently SimCity games for Wii and DS has cropped up on an EA release list:

SimCity on the Wii would be a good thing and, provided it turns out to be a quality game (as well as true), then if these release dates are accurate SimCity could be a birthday present from me to me this year- the VC download needs something to keep it company.

Connectivity between the two games? Sure as hell Nintendo could do with this as so many people own a DS and Wii, there must be quite a few who own both. Yet they have done less with this oppurtunity than in the gamecube era which is fairly frustrating.

Connectivity between the two games? Sure as hell Nintendo could do with this as so many people own a DS and Wii, there must be quite a few who own both. Yet they have done less with this oppurtunity than in the gamecube era which is fairly frustrating.

that is so true. Hell i think PS3 and PSP have had more connectivity than DS and Wii. That is just plain POOR

the subtitle means its a spin off...like societies was...wonder what it could mean...creator hmm...

maybe they want to rival SPORE!!!

you start with a single cell and build and empire. become the creator of all!!!!

I loved SimCity 3000 on the PC and had 4, but my PC couldn't handle it at a decent rate, so I didn't bother with it. So it would be great to return to the series on Wii.

Great news! Was disappointed with the last DS game, due to the controls, but hopefully the Wii remote will work well. Would be awesome, if your Mii's were seen walking about your city when you zoom in on it, and I hope they stay with realistic graphics, and not adopt My Sims style effects.

Maybe the casual's don't know that, thus this new title will inform them that it's a "Creator" game, once they look at the box.

the less of that connectivity crap the better.. They concentrated on that back at Gamecubes time and Satori iwata said "people do not want on-line gaming"..

now they are concentrating more and more on on-line..It's way better this way..

besides the only good thing that came from connectivity was pac-man vs.

Great news! Was disappointed with the last DS game, due to the controls, but hopefully the Wii remote will work well. Would be awesome, if your Mii's were seen walking about your city when you zoom in on it, and I hope they stay with realistic graphics, and not adopt My Sims style effects.

actualy its very very possible they might do this....my simcity? hmm well look it its not a bad thing seen as mysims wasnt an all bad game:)

Societies was one of the worst games I've ever played. It ruined the series for me. I loved 3000 and then loved 4 even more.

If this is anything like Societies, then avoid it like the plague. If it's something else, I'll look forward to it.

Scan:

61589_viploader653394_122_155lo.jpg61591_viploader653395_122_188lo.jpg

Infomation:

-Various buildings designs : Greece, Egypt, Futuristic, Crystal, Sweet (cake buildings), Las Vegas, Jungle, Hindu, Mediterranean, Japanese Traditional,...etc

-Many wacky events to deal with : fire breathing dinosaurs, asteroids, people-abducting UFOs, giant mechas, etc

-Obviously uses the Wiimote functionalities (for example, you can directly trace roads with the pointer)

- a consequent number of play modes

- the advisors are back...with a My Sims inspired design.

- they hope you look forward to see you city lighten up by the neons at night, or to fly around your city in an helicopter.

- Producer is Masahiro "Mitch" Ueno

- September release, for 6090 yen

Argh!!!!!

I don't care about "sweet" buildings and "wacky" disasters. I WANT A REAL SIMCITY GAME AGAIN!

Jeez.

Another Sims game that isn't made by Maxis? EA can piss off after how bad Societies was.

Societies was made by Tilted Mill, some of the blokes who did Caesar III. This is Japanese-developed, to my belief, and thus deserves an equation without Societes.

Argh!!!!!

I don't care about "sweet" buildings and "wacky" disasters. I WANT A REAL SIMCITY GAME AGAIN!

Jeez.

C'mannn giant mecha's! It'll be like having a Power Rangers Zord battle happen in your city! It also kinda harks back to the Bowser attack that was available in SimCity on the Snes.

I've never understood a Sims City game!

They've just left me confused. :heh:

Electricity is the key. :wink:

This could be promising as I love the series.

As long as it doesn't get dumbed down to fit the 'expanded' market and they avoid anything to do with the godawful MySims (advisors only , I could probably tolerate) then I am sold on it.

it looks ok. problem is i alway run out of cash before i get my city going.

when did they decide to go with this "wacky image"

call me crazy but i still think the best sim city is the first one or maybe even 2000

IGN's Infomation

Sim City Creator keeps the basic look and concept of the Sim City series in place, but adds in some nifty Wiimote control options. You use the controller as a pointer to point and draw roads and train tracks, allowing you to more directly experience the feel of planning out a city.

Even ignoring the controls, EA is packing the title with new features. You can build a variety of facilities in your city, including such requirements as residential and shopping areas, stadiums, and police stations. When erecting these buildings, you're free to select a theme, changing the overall look of the construction. Options include India, China, and European, resulting in buildings that look like they were pulled from those regions. More elaborate styles include "near future," offering a futuristic concept, "crystal," where everything appears to be made out of crystals, and "sweets." We'll let you figure out that last one for yourself.

As you build you're town, you have the option of getting a sweeping overview like only a rich, corrupt mayor could: via helicopter. Taking a helicopter tour of your city allows you to get a look at your work in progress, and maybe even make some new discoveries.

In typical Sim City fashion, there's more to the game than just building your city. You'll also have to deal with disasters. Examples include meteor impacts, dinosaur attacks, alien invaders, and giant robot attack (remember, the game is debuting in a Japanese magazine).

Those who take to the art of city planning will have a new way of showing off their creations: Wi-Fi Connect! Using Nintendo's online service, you can make public the cities that you've created in the mission mode and get feedback and rankings from other players.

Electricity is the key. :wink:

Lol! :D

I never understood what to do with it. I tried a number of times! This was when I was much younger. I haven't played one since then. ^_______^