N-Europe

Bare Bones Mafia

Dyson

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well people seem to have hunches and other reasons to vote for LB which is good enough for me right now. I hope at least one of these two is mafia or i'm gonna have to spend a lot of time scratching my head...

Vote: LazyBoy

Day 14 is over.

---

The remaining 9 members of the town surrounded the one they suspected - but...could they really have done it? Could they have finally found a precious Mafia member?!

......No.

Lazyboy is dead. He was good, damn it!

---

Night 14 begins now. 9 players remain.

Please send in your PMs by tomorrow. Thankyou.

Night 14 is over.

---

The Mafia circled around their victim. They knew that with just one more kill, victory would surely be theirs. There were only 9 people remaining, and 4 of those were Mafia members. They knew they were this close..!

They set off on what they thought was their final kill. Hunting for one more person to take down and take over the town, getting access to the all important town fund that Dyson had left behind. They knew who they were looking for, and they found their target almost instantly. Darksnowman was hiding out in his house, he knew it wouldn't be too long before the Mafia came for him - and he was right. He heard the pattering of footsteps coming up the driveway and instantly stood up from behind the window he was crouched behind with a minigun in his hands. Instantly, the barrel began to roll and bullets were fired up and down the driveway - nothing would survive this hail of bullets. He fired for 12 seconds, which was all he thought he needed.

The smoke from the gun cleared. Darksnowman dropped the gun and stood back to admire his handiwork. He looked out in to the night and saw the driveway was ripped to shreds. He then hunted for the corpses of the Mafia when he stood back and realised..the footsteps he had heard..were those of his cat. Pieces of cat flesh were strewn across the driveway and half way down the road, and the collar was later recovered in the neighbour's hedge. "Kitty" will be missed.

darksnowman dropped to his knees and let out a very loud, very cliche "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!". The Mafia took this opportunity to turn up in their armored car, grab Darksnowman by his collar and shut it in their front door. They then decided to have a bit of fun with the guy, and so decided they'd see just how fast they could make their car go with a man hanging on to it by his collar.

Suffice to say the skid marks left by darksnowmans brains that were discovered the next day are enough evidence to prove that..

darksnowman is dead. He was good. He also had a kickass chaingun.

The Mafia rejoiced. The night, and thus, the town, was theirs.

---

Day 15 begins now.

---

The town arose the next morning and noticed that once again, there was one less member. At this point, someone stood up and said "Right, once more, we face a decision. Who do we take out today?". All of a sudden, the 4 remaining Mafia members stood up out of their chairs and yelled "Nobody! The town belongs to us now! And there aren't enough of you to argue against it! You've lost, and we win the town!"

---

THE GAME IS OVER. THE MAFIA HAVE WON!

Win condition: 8 players remain, with 4 Mafia members. It is impossible for the town to achieve majority. Therefore the Mafia members have won by default.

The remaining players were as such:

THE MAFIA (Winners!):

chairdriver

Jamba

jayseven

Wildo

SURVIVING TOWNIES (Runners up!):

Jonnas

MoogleViper

Oxigen_Waste

THE LAST SURVIVING SPECIAL TOWNIE (Runner up!):

Eenuh - 1 of 2 doctors.

In fact, I'll show you the kickass chart I made when building my Bare Bones mafia. This is what I used from the very start of the barebones game, and it's served me perfectly well. This way I could delete PMs when I got them regarding the targets and put them in this chart. It also helped me calculate the majority (It did this automatically when I put in the number of player remaining :D) and see who was remaining. A red status light means the player is dead. A green means they are alive.

Here it is:

barebones.png

I must emphasise just how useful this chart was to me, and I'd advise any future Mafia hosts to use something very similar, if not the same as this. It'll definitely help.

---

Special mentions:

Chairdriver wins my player of the game award. Not only did he manage to convince everybody that he was an investigator, but people were so sure of it that Eenuh was fooled, and ended up protecting him for the majority of the nights, meaning that no townsfolk were protected and the Mafia could get an easy kill.

I think that town got extremely unlucky towards the end, somehow they managed to keep taking out townsfolk and avoid the Mafia members! Though this is in part related to the mechanics of the game. There would always be luck involved.

Eenuh was a star - always sending in protection PM's, and was a great person to have sending me info because I didn't have to send out a reminder PM once.

The writeups on this were so so so much fun to write but after a few nights, as you can tell, I started to run out of ideas. This is the truth behind the delays to the game - I should claim responsibility. I didn't forget about the game at any point, and whilst I was waiting for people to send PM's in sometimes, the main reason behind the delays was that I was struggling to think of writeups for people, and didn't want to do something boring. Unfortunately for the sake of the game I ended up having to scrap writeups for the sake of speed. I am sorry to those that lost interest due to the speed of the nights.

The Mafia, in fact, did not communicate by PM's - I set them up a private forum where they could chat about their next target and stuff. It worked really well but was completely dead after about Day 10, which was a shame.

Another note about the Mafia, the way it worked was that a member was appointed as the leader and they would be the one to decide who got lynched in the night phases. To begin with Tellyn was the first choice - however, he got lynched, and as a result Jamba took over. Both were great leaders and had some good strategies for taking people out.

Thanks to everybody for playing. I hope you've all enjoyed yourselves - look out for "Mafia Experiment #2 - Mafia Live!" hitting at some point in the future. It's a fresh spin on the Mafia idea that I hope will reinvent the way Mafia is played by going for fast speedy game play.

Let me know if you want to know anything regarding the BB Mafia! : peace:

DAMMIT! We should've lynched chairdriver! From the moment I suspected him! :(

And Wildo. We should've lynched him, considering he wasn't playing.

I was starting to suspect Jamba, too, due to something he once said: "I have been paying too much attention to Bare Bones". Why would he be paying attention, if he wasn't posting?

Jayseven fooled me well, though. It would've been very difficult to find that one.

Well, at last, it's finally over. And I'm glad I managed to guess a few things right, including the fact that Eenuh was a doctor. I knew it from the first few days.

hooray! I finally winnnnenenen!

I think the main reason this was slow was probably because the majority of people didn't have to send in any PMs at night - I was in the mafia and I didn't have to do that -- in fact, I lost the url to the forums ages ago and never really knew what 'we' were doing, so ultimately the mad propz goes to the rest of the mafia, I just cruised along.

Good game guys, I feel tremendously luck that I didn't get killed for not PMing night before last. Had... stuff to deal with.

But qudos to my team, Tellyn made some very valiant efforts at the beginning and working strategy with him and chair was really good. Didn't help that the mafia team almost all went MIA for most of the game though! Also Jay actually frogot that he was mafia for a while so that may explain a few things.

I think we had more than one very lucky break but you guys all killed Haggis before we could use him as a bait dammit!

Good game guys, I feel tremendously luck that I didn't get killed for not PMing night before last. Had... stuff to deal with.

But qudos to my team, Tellyn made some very valiant efforts at the beginning and working strategy with him and chair was really good. Didn't help that the mafia team almost all went MIA for most of the game though! Also Jay actually frogot that he was mafia for a while so that may explain a few things.

I think we had more than one very lucky break but you guys all killed Haggis before we could use him as a bait dammit!

I don't think missing one pm would kill you. I'm sure it was for the repeat offenders.