NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Unleashed

^looks like the same trailer as last to me.

Anywa nothing happens because he doesn't "hit" the enemies, as in take damage. It's just like the Sonic Rush boost move, he's travelling at a high enough speed that he blasts through them and destroys them without having to jump on them.

If he's moving too slowly I'm sure he takes damage and loses rings but that's hardly trailer material.

^looks like the same trailer as last to me.

Anywa nothing happens because he doesn't "hit" the enemies, as in take damage. It's just like the Sonic Rush boost move, he's travelling at a high enough speed that he blasts through them and destroys them without having to jump on them.

If he's moving too slowly I'm sure he takes damage and loses rings but that's hardly trailer material.

Problem is, he doesn't seem to be boosting. That or he's 99% of the time in boost.

EDIT: From Nintendo power:

-2 goals: entertain with trademark spee and more-refined gameplay in 2D and 3D; new actions for Sonic

-Wii stages share the same themes with PS360 version, but different designs to take advantage of the remote. Helped by Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Rush teams

-Same actions in different versions (I guess that means tackled on waggle): buttons for basic actions, certain actions involve motion control

-Interactive combat sequences using motion sensing in remote and nunchuk

-Quick Step (evade obstacles without slowing), Sonic Boosts (hyperaccelerate/blow up objects)

- Action-Chaining: earn more energy by stringing together actions leading to special moves and shortcuts

- QTE for branching paths like PS360

- No passage of time during levels - day and night cycles are fixed to certain events/locations

- Originally envisioned as Sonic Adventure 3

- No multiplayer or online modes

sonicunwii.jpg

Problem is, he doesn't seem to be boosting. That or he's 99% of the time in boost.
Yeah exactly!

Problem is, he doesn't seem to be boosting. That or he's 99% of the time in boost

It is EXACTLY that. This is being marketed as a game where, for the most part, it's all about trying to keep your speed up as much as possible. There's constant speed boosters everywhere in the trailers hitting him back into a mach speed boost mode and I think there's a button that does something similar to Rush's one in the game for boosting, though obviously we cant tell if that's being used or not in the video.

Anyway it seems that whenever you're at full maximum speed in this game you have that invincible boost effect basically.

and that confirms a ps2 port .......................................... even SaTSr had more advanced shadowing look.

sonic-and-the-secret-rings-20070205050221693.jpg

and that confirms a ps2 port .......................................... even SaTSr had more advanced shadowing look.

sonic-and-the-secret-rings-20070205050221693.jpg

SatSC had above average shadows as they were cast according to the light source as well as applyable to other surfaces than ground itself; so it's not "even" because it wasn't that it was a hard feat, but it was certainly above average.

This? this is just ridiculous.

sonic_adventure_screen.jpg

Hi, Sonic Adventure 1 shadows

transcript of the magazine:

For the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed, we brushed up an existing engine developed by SEGA.

Now... Before Hedgehog engine done for the HD console's Sonic Team hadn't done a engine since Sonic Adventure, if we take last years NiGHTS aside. Sonic Heroes and Sonic and the Secret Rings used Criterion's (now EA's) Renderware

mmm found some new shots from the wii version :

76616.jpg

76617.jpg

if you take away that the screenshots are vage, the game looks kindoff nice. Really want to see the wii version in motion wich will probably happen at e3.

hi Dreamcast, Sorry but I never missed your rounded shadows. (and some DC games has detailed ones)

utter crap, I'd be ashamed as a developer to show a game with that level of basic crap missing.

so anyone STILL wanna take bets on how bad this will be?

why do ye set your hopes so high only to be crushed time and time again?

I used to be the greatest sonic fan but my god when games arebad THEY ARE BAD. No need to expect anything better from the sequel.

With the odds, you wouldn't get that much if you placed a bet on it :heh:

Who the hell knows, it's a sad fact really, people should get it by now that Sonic is utter garbage, but do people care? No, they all think it's the return of Sonic, time and time and time again.

I used to be the greatest sonic fan but my god when games arebad THEY ARE BAD. No need to expect anything better from the sequel.

Have to agree, Sonic will never be as good as what it used to be, it's just an average game now if not then below average (Sonic R, Sonic Fighters, Sonic Riders and so fourth). People should stop now in beliving there will be a good sonic game, as it's going to hurt you every time they bring out a game that you think is a return, but is in reality, a pile of shit.

You sound like you've done it more than most of us, so why don't you tell us?

My hopes have never been crushed from any Sonic game, even Heroes and Shadow, albeit, after a while with Shadow I just wanted to know the story and knew it wasn't all that great.

I have defied your thoughts. Mwahahahaha. Also you make it sound like every 3D Sonic game is bad...

The Sonic Adventures and Secret Rings rock.

You sound like you've done it more than most of us, so why don't you tell us?

Not at all. I bought sonic adventure 2 battle after hearing people glorify it and was terribly disappointed and that was supposed to have been one of the best ones.

My hopes have never been crushed from any Sonic game, even Heroes and Shadow, albeit, after a while with Shadow I just wanted to know the story and knew it wasn't all that great.

I have defied your thoughts. Mwahahahaha. Also you make it sound like every 3D Sonic game is bad...

The Sonic Adventures and Secret Rings rock.

adventures was good for it's time but not timeless not the classic sonic games. and secret rings......well I have no real opinion on that. People really seem to like it but i couln't get into it.

now you have names 2 3d games and now let's list the bad ones

sonic shuffle

sonic heroes

shadow the hedgehog

sonic r

sonic heroes

sonic the hedgehog 360/ps3

sonic the fighters

sonic riders

sonic riders: zero gravity

the sonic rival games werent great either

and those are just the 3d ones.

I could even jam in

sonic battle

my god thats an awful lot of shit to be fair.

Not at all. I bought sonic adventure 2 battle after hearing people glorify it and was terribly disappointed and that was supposed to have been one of the best ones.

adventures was good for it's time but not timeless not the classic sonic games. and secret rings......well I have no real opinion on that. People really seem to like it but i couln't get into it.

sonic shuffle

sonic heroes

shadow the hedgehog

sonic r

sonic heroes

sonic the fighters

sonic riders

I could even jam in

sonic battle

I don't think sonic heroes is bad enough to be listed twice :heh:

sonic shuffle

sonic heroes

shadow the hedgehog

sonic r

sonic heroes

sonic the fighters

sonic riders

I could even jam in

sonic battle

That's not a game, it doesn't exist and you know it!

I think from the rest of the list I haven't played the riders. Though I didn't include titles from that list since it's I don't see them as main entries to the series.

sonic shuffle

sonic heroes

shadow the hedgehog

sonic r

sonic heroes

sonic the fighters

sonic riders

You seem to have listed a load of non-platformer spin-offs that noone cares about. I only see two actual Sonic games there. And both didn't look that good from the start, anyway.

Regarding the graphics on Page 8:

1, These are crops from scans from a magazine, of course they aren't going to look all that great.

2, Who the hell expected the Wii version to look as good as the 360/PS3 versions. Are you crazy? :p

1, These are crops from scans from a magazine, of course they aren't going to look all that great.
Enough to distinguish the rounded shadows no one expected it to have though.
2, Who the hell expected the Wii version to look as good as the 360/PS3 versions. Are you crazy? :p
1, X360/PS3 version doesn't look that great and is plaged by issues it shouldn't have; no one expected it to look better or HD that's for sure, but it's not like "as is" it's pushing whatever.

2, Everyone expected more than rounded shadows when even Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast had them semi-detailed. (with low-poly shadows)

I don't think sonic heroes is bad enough to be listed twice :heh:

haha:) it really is that bad:P

You seem to have listed a load of non-platformer spin-offs that noone cares about. I only see two actual Sonic games there. And both didn't look that good from the start, anyway.

Who says nobody cares about them? people Swear by the piece of shit that is sonic r sometimes.

And people swear by sonic riders and hyped the new one a little not much mind but it was there.

don;t give me that"both didn't look good from the start".. sonic heroes was the first sonic game for the playstation and well xbox too. It was the first "new" sonic platformer for years it was hyped honestly.. It DID look good and it just sucked at the end of the day..People were also suckered by sonic 360/ps3.

When you ask for the worst mario game ever people will say hotel mario or mario teaches typing.. Both of which are spin-offs as well so why should it be different for sonic. Techically even secret rings is a spin-off as it detracts from the normal gameplay style.. and so does the new one.

Who says nobody cares about them? people Swear by the piece of shit that is sonic r sometimes.

Well, go complain to them. I don't think I've seen anyone like that on this forum.

don;t give me that"both didn't look good from the start"

I was never interested in either of them.

When you ask for the worst mario game ever people will say hotel mario or mario teaches typing.

They do??? I'm sure that the majority of gamers (including Mario ans) just don't think of them.

And people swear by sonic riders and hyped the new one a little not much mind but it was there.

I don't know any fan that hyped any of those games, and even though I have very little interest in them, Sonic Riders was bad from the start from the boards.

don;t give me that"both didn't look good from the start".. sonic heroes was the first sonic game for the playstation and well xbox too. It was the first "new" sonic platformer for years it was hyped honestly.. It DID look good and it just sucked at the end of the day..People were also suckered by sonic 360/ps3.

It might of been hyped somewhat, I can speak for myself when I say I didn't get suckered into either of them. Seen a couple of videos and didn't like what I seen at all, Shadow and Silver was just horrible, only folks who deluded themselves thought it was still good. I didn't think Heroes "sucked" that much. It wasn't that great and having 4 teams with the same skills was a bit over the top. With 2 teams and some extra levels it would of been better I think.

When you ask for the worst mario game ever people will say hotel mario or mario teaches typing.. Both of which are spin-offs as well so why should it be different for sonic. Techically even secret rings is a spin-off as it detracts from the normal gameplay style.. and so does the new one.

I've not heard anyone pick those games before. It shouldn't be different. But if someone said to me what's the worst Sonic or Mario, I wouldn't pick spin offs, main entry series games since it's those games I think of first when someone asks me.

I remember having a Dreamcast with few games.

The only ones i remember are Sonic Adventures and Sonic Shuffle, my god, i loved them.

Also, there was something like Space 4, where i was a girl dancing with aliens, something like that

Also, there was something like Space 4, where i was a girl dancing with aliens, something like that
Space Channel 5 with Ulala.