NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Unleashed

At least they had some affects to Sonic and proper shadows. However, it doesn't hide PS2 textures.

Looks pretty good. I'll actually wait for reviews to know which version (if any) to buy. The versions have somewhat different level layouts and I may be wrong but this one does seem to run at a smoother framerate, so there's no guarantee the 360 version will be the better game even if it is prettier.

This might be my imagination, but I couldn't help but notice the lack of times the camera was directly behind Sonic compared to what we've seen in the 360 videos.

The only time it was, was when he was in a confined space and there was very little for the engine to actually draw and texture.

The part when he was grinding down the chapel before being flung to the clock tower would have been a good opportunity for some pretty cool vistas and yet the camera is fixed - I can only assume it's to avoid showing us the corners that have been cut to get the engine running.

That said, it still looked decent (but it's no SatBK) and I will be picking up the game... I just can't say it will be the Wii version.

I thought I was watching Xbox 360 footage for a second.

To be honest so did I. I honestly believed I did so much that I started to double check I was watching the Wii version by reading details, then went to homepage and went to the Wii section to look for any Sonic Unleahed videos and found the same one.

one of the only decent games coming to wii at the moment, gotta say im disappointed with the line up of new games so far.

Has anybody seen IGNs latest videos of this version?

They address my concern about it being pretty much 2.5D game, but either the controls are broken or the guy playing is useless because they can't turn to save Sonic's life.

They fail to navigate almost everything that even closely resembles a corner and he runs into a wall. Also, when Sonic starts to run, there is something weird about the animation that makes it almost look automatic.

new screens of the China level:

http://www.wiiz.fr/article.php?a=20540

Actually looking quite decent. At least it's better than Quantum of Solace (which isn't hard tbh...) :heh:

Oh, and I'm not sure on that 14th November release date, nothing's been confirmed by Sega yet.

EDIT: Just read a translated part of that article, and it's called Sonic Unleashed: The Curse of the Hedgehog in France, rofl!

I wanna get the 360 version, but if I'm starpped for cash I may have no choice, so I'm glad it looks better than once thought.

that looks quite impressive, i remember in the 360 trailer when the warehog ran through the water it didn't even splash. This is looking good though.

From these IGN videos it looks worse than SA2 on the Dreamcast IMO, and at least that had consistant textures/coulours and everything with the time it was released so looked great!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14242720/sonic-unleashed/videos/suwiitraileroct15.html

The 'grass on the wall' texture is horrible!! seriously some sort of PS1 crap! and why does everything have a strange PS1 grey grainyness to it?

I'm not impressed.

Other videos:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14242720/sonic-unleashed/videos/adabatwiiunl.html

http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14242720/sonic-unleashed/videos/uleashchunanwii.html

Look at the willow trees in the last video!! There's also jaggies everywhere, and I REALLY hope that's not the framerate the game ends up with!

Everything's WELL below par!

Well, Wii version is getting PS2 leftovers, and PS2 is way worse when it comes to textures than DC, so you have a point.

Unleashed still looks like the best sonic on PS2, who incidentally manages to look overall better than Sonic Adventure 2, but... Sonic Adventure 2 was at 60 frames on DC and this sure isn't (on PS2, on the Wii it should, by a country mile), and it's really raped when it comes to textures.

Shame that we have to take this piece of turd treatment.

As for framerate this being the PS2 leftover that it is, it has the upmost obligation of being rock solid 60 frames.

As long as the gameplay is there, i'l be happy.

And damnit, the gameplay is indeed there.

A shame i don't have money to buy this

As long as the gameplay is there, i'l be happy.

And damnit, the gameplay is indeed there.

We'll see about that. there are two kinds of 2D sonic you know, platforming focused and speed focused, platforming focused being Sonic 1, 2 3 and Sonic CD, then... speed focused being the Sonic Rush ones (dimps) with mostly "think quick" decisions and with levels consisting of branches.

This game? Seems Sonic Rush on all accounts that although not bad is not really classic sonic in spirit.

Add that, third person secret ring'ish sonic and werehog segments and you have quite a bunch of things to screw up, or even if they don't exactly screw up... not be up to par with the rest and being there for the sole reason of dragging the game further.

We'll see.

We'll see about that. there are two kinds of 2D sonic you know, platforming focused and speed focused, platforming focused being Sonic 1, 2 3 and Sonic CD, then... speed focused being the Sonic Rush ones (dimps) with mostly "think quick" decisions and with levels consisting of branches.

This game? Seems Sonic Rush on all accounts that although not bad is not really classic sonic in spirit.

Add that, third person secret ring'ish sonic and werehog segments and you have quite a bunch of things to screw up, or even if they don't exactly screw up... not be up to par with the rest and being there for the sole reason of dragging the game further.

We'll see.

seriously pick up sonic ultimate collection(i think) with sonic cd on it.. THAT'S a platformer. challenging,brilliant level design and music and ... everything done right.

this will be 5.5 mediocre all round. I can't understand these games because you have so little control. I couln't get into secret rings after all the positive reviews.

I'm sure it won't be TERRIBLE but it won't blow your mind either

seriously pick up sonic ultimate collection(i think) with sonic cd on it.. THAT'S a platformer. challenging,brilliant level design and music and ... everything done right.

this will be 5.5 mediocre all round. I can't understand these games because you have so little control. I couln't get into secret rings after all the positive reviews.

I'm sure it won't be TERRIBLE but it won't blow your mind either

Sonic CD is on Sonic Gems Collection. The problem with the SGC version is that it's the US version, which had the far inferior soundtrack to the EU/JP version soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure it won't be worse than Sonic The Hedgehog [2006].

This looks awful. The graphics look bad, the gameplay looks broken like SA2 and the Werehog stages look crap. Average scores for this ~7.5 at best. I'm holding out no hope for this. I also think it looks graphically like a PSP game to be honest.

I also think it looks graphically like a PSP game to be honest.

I must have your PSP. Not that the graphics are great, but cmon let's not exaggerate.