NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Unleashed

Retro Link, you never use the main site, do you? :blank:

I think he actually avoids going there. :P

I think he actually avoids going there. :P

Nah it's pretty much everyone. :heh: It just feels like wasted efforts when no one actually reads our news or sees it up on the main page. :(

I've said many times, the reason I hardly ever check the main site is because I would expect any news that makes it on there would also be reported in the forum, thus if it's not on the forum, I presume it's new and post it!

I've said many times, the reason I hardly ever check the main site is because I would expect any news that makes it on there would also be reported in the forum, thus if it's not on the forum, I presume it's new and post it!

Fair enough, I won't top myself just yet then. :heh:

If I'm going to be honest I think the main site could be a LOT better. It's not kept uptodate enough and features an unwecoming interface!

Anyways, looking forward to seeing this, very disappointed to see Sega offering more on the 360 and PS3 though, though Sega would be much more inclined to work on Nintendos machines

If I'm going to be honest I think the main site could be a LOT better. It's not kept up to date enough and features an unwelcoming interface!

Oooo, constructive feedback...Elaborate peoples! I always like this kinda stuff. :) Afterall, we do aim to make everything as good as it can possibly be!

In the words of SpongeBob: "Elaborate, you vile fiend!" :heh: We did have a feedback thread up ages ago... give us some feedback and we can incorporate it into... something.

There's a main site these days?!

Y'know: There is! I've posted a fair amount of articles these days and NotAshley has aswell. We also have the exclusive Wiiware articles we've had going on recently. We get some excellent scoops considering we all do this as a hobby. There is a lot of respect for N-Europe from developers as well as the community we have here - and the writing is of a good standard.

You'll probaby say "you were joking" to make me look as if I got pi$$ed off, but I'm not pissed, I'm just stating that your statement is silly as we do actually work hard at this :) And it's painfully obvious when you read the articles we have up week in week out.

Theres nothing wrong with the main site. Ok granted if you want the full scoop on gaming news you may have to check other news as well. (like the american sites)

but I think it has improved greatly over the last year or so.. I do read everything. Usually don't post much though.

The main site is great. It's the only gaming news site I visit. There's nothing wrong with its interface, design, presentation, or content (quite the opposite, actually)

I always stop there before coming to the forums. :smile:

Although I hope you'll forgive me if I don't usually leave a comment...

The Main Site isn't bad, but i really only like N-Europe for his forum.

You have a point. However threads on the forum like Kung Fu Panda (if we have one, hmm...) must definitely be lacking in comparison to whats posted on the site. Nearly every other day there is a Kung Fu Panda story up. :indeed:

Thanks for the feedback,we understand that we don't have many scoops, asides from Wii Ware stuff and some other things once in a while, we also understand we don't post as much as other sites, specially the blog ones, but we would also like you to understand that we don't copy-paste, we don't "steal" images from other sites we try to gather info from as many places as possible to give a complete report and this makes it hard to post a lot of things very regularly.

I actually like the site design, it's simple and unobtrusive, much better than most.

We would like you to read our features and reviews though, we have a lot of Q&As with Wii Ware devs and support the small fry, which is something is something the site can be proud of.

And well, it hurts when we post things on the main site before other sites or the forum and we're not sourced :P

Aaanyway, we appreciate ALL the feedback so keep it coming in the appropriate threads and there are always e-mails. :P

Speaking of the site, it's doing pretty freaking well for itself. I'd like to be there the day it's seen in the same light as 1up and Gamespot (you never know). Although, being a Nintendo site, just saying that there's a slight lack of objectivity :heh:.

Anyway, I don't see what's to be excited about this, but then I hate Sonic anyway. I just seems that this is going to be mediocre on all the platforms it's released on. It would be nice to see SEGA really try something new for once, they haven't been risking anything with new IP's in recent memory at all. I would, for example, like to see something in the vein of Condemned or at least something more gritty and atmospheric. It seems that publishers seem to think stuff isn't going to sell on Wii unless it has a fisher price colour palette and quirky gameplay mechanics. It's good to see that they're trying something great with Madworld, but I'd like to see more of the same.

I don't want us to be seen in the same light as Gamespot and 1up! They have less objectivity that brand dedicated sites!

Also Madworld is from Platinum Games, not SEGA, Sega is just the publisher

while i agree this site might not have the scoop of all things immediatley to be perfectly honest i like it and visit it every day and enjoy the features and articles plus the comic series is has!

i use it for my main source of news , i like the interface , i dont like ign i find it hard to navigate theres too much going on for me:shakehead

im not trying to be some kind of suck up im just geunily saying this is a nice site and i appreciate the hard work you put in n eurostaff so thank you .

I don't want us to be seen in the same light as Gamespot and 1up! They have less objectivity that brand dedicated sites!

Also Madworld is from Platinum Games, not SEGA, Sega is just the publisher

Lol, fair dos :).

Yeah, I know, and thank fuck for platinum games, but even if they aren't going to make great original games themselves, at least they're willing to facilitate another developer thats trying. More of that plz

The Main Site isn't bad, but i really only like N-Europe for his forum.

Which wouldn't even be here if not for the main site. ;)

text

red text

text

I have to say it's great to see compliments rather than complaints. :) And news posting will be a lot more regular once my exams are finished and I can write more/whip my minions.

You have a point. However threads on the forum like Kung Fu Panda (if we have one, hmm...) must definitely be lacking in comparison to whats posted on the site. Nearly every other day there is a Kung Fu Panda story up. :indeed:

Hey, it's news. :heh:

Back on topic, did I read that this version of the game is being built from scratch for the Wii as opposed to a PS2 port?

i think ur right telyn i think i read somewhere the wii version was its own one which will be good if thats right . !

Back on topic, did I read that this version of the game is being built from scratch for the Wii as opposed to a PS2 port?

Yeah it is. The levels are gonna be slightly different to the Ps3/360 versions as well. The Wii and PS2 version daytime levels are being handled by Dimps (who made Rush).

IIRC, it was made for the Wii then ported to PS2/360/PS3.

Edit: Or was that just ONM nonsense?

I like the main site, the only problem with it is the search feature isn't the easiest thing to access. Why not remove that email newsletter sign up thing (which I thought didn't work anyway though I could be wrong) and put a search box there.