NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Unleashed

Well, go complain to them. I don't think I've seen anyone like that on this forum.

I was never interested in either of them.

They do??? I'm sure that the majority of gamers (including Mario ans) just don't think of them.

No not on this forum but we don't have THAT many sonic fans.. I'm on a good few forums I see everything.

ok YOU were never interested in them but the fact is they were hyped.

then what would you say is the worst sonic game ever? or mario game?

I don't know any fan that hyped any of those games, and even though I have very little interest in them, Sonic Riders was bad from the start from the boards.

It might of been hyped somewhat, I can speak for myself when I say I didn't get suckered into either of them. Seen a couple of videos and didn't like what I seen at all, Shadow and Silver was just horrible, only folks who deluded themselves thought it was still good. I didn't think Heroes "sucked" that much. It wasn't that great and having 4 teams with the same skills was a bit over the top. With 2 teams and some extra levels it would of been better I think.

I've not heard anyone pick those games before. It shouldn't be different. But if someone said to me what's the worst Sonic or Mario, I wouldn't pick spin offs, main entry series games since it's those games I think of first when someone asks me.

ok your first point cause im bad at using the quoting system haha:)

Sonic r is a little off the point to be honest .I was trying to make the point of why people are letting themselves get disappointed by "recent" sonic releases time after time. But yes sonic r was the only 3d sonic saturn game really(sonic jam doesnt count really) so Obviously it got the hype.

second point:

Well i exaggerate with the word suck but heroes could have been so much more.. It was very fun in some parts but sonic team always have this habit of ruining games in some parts.

Sonic 360 looked great in pictures but put it in motion and its quite bad

welll maybe so..

third point:

I find that interesting to be honest. Sometimes its hard to define a spin-off too though. But i would use a spinoff if it was best/worst mario game.

New info, apparently from an article in a Dutch gaming magazine, called Power Unlimited;

-By doing some button presses while jumping you'll jump farther (stunts?)

-China level confirmed, in which Sonic runs over the big Chinese wall

-New York level confirmed, in which you run over the high buildings

-There's a level in which you bobsled (snow level?)

-There are minigames in which you play as Tails

-They tried to hide Were-Sonic, but a employee made a little mistake in which they accidentally showed a cutscene in which Were-Sonic met Amy, then 5 employee's jumped before the screen to hide the rest of the cutscene.

LOL at the trying to hide Were-Sonic thing. XD The rest sounds awesome though! And I think the whole jumping thing is probably bad translation, and is something to do with performing stunts/tricks.

then what would you say is the worst sonic game ever? or mario game?

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Super Mario Sunshine.

"quick hide were-sonic and the equally hideous Wii build of the game! we don't want people flocking up to kill us!"

New info, apparently from an article in a Dutch gaming magazine, called Power Unlimited;

-By doing some button presses while jumping you'll jump farther (stunts?)

-China level confirmed, in which Sonic runs over the big Chinese wall

-New York level confirmed, in which you run over the high buildings

-There's a level in which you bobsled (snow level?)

-There are minigames in which you play as Tails

-They tried to hide Were-Sonic, but a employee made a little mistake in which they accidentally showed a cutscene in which Were-Sonic met Amy, then 5 employee's jumped before the screen to hide the rest of the cutscene.

lol, "the big Chinese wall"!

No not on this forum but we don't have THAT many sonic fans.. I'm on a good few forums I see everything.

Same, I cant belive the amount of people that I have seen that defend games like Sonic R and Sonic Shuffle.

But onto other things.....

I still don't know about this game, it keeps yelling out to me 'WE HAVE NO MORE IDEA'S ON LEVEL DESIGN SO WE STOLE EVERYTHING FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!'

I have an idea Sega, do a Megaman, make a new sonic game using the original sonic games engine.

Simple gameplay, original music and none of that crap aweful vocolist music to try and make it sound 'cool', no story and no voice acting. *Gasp* OMG, it already sounds better then most of the crap heap of the latest sonic games out there now.

lol, "the big Chinese wall"!

Indeed, you've gotta love bad translation. :grin:

"quick hide were-sonic and the equally hideous Wii build of the game! we don't want people flocking up to kill us!"

I admit, the Wii build doesn't look that good, but it doesn't look that bad either. Although, I'm getting the 360 version anyway, so it doesn't effect me. :heh:

As for the Were-Sonic thing, I'm actually starting to feel a slight bit of optimisim for it. The fact that they're still trying to keep it a big secret suggests that they might be trying to do something different, but in a good way for a change...

Finally some screens that aren't grainy/sandy. Graphics seem good so far, though it would be better to see it in motion at some point.

One day we'll get a trailer :heh:

I can not even look to Sonic's round shadow... :( But it gets even worse when I look at the "werehog" :shakehead

Excuse me but, as a Sonic enthusiast, this is garbage.

The rounded shadow alone, feels like an insult.

:) its gonna suck hehe im sick of saying it ha..:)

Have we really got nothing better to do than complain about shadows?

They were fine in SA2B, then round in SADX, then back to normal for Heroes before reverting back to round in Shadow. And then they were OK again in SatSR.

Sonic 06 is pretty much the only game in the series to attempt anything even remotely advanced concerning lighting and it caused the frame rate to drop like a stone whenever it was employed. The use of dynamic shadows had absolutely no bearing what so ever on the gameplay - from a design point at least - so I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not IGN are going to turn around and say "We would have given it a 9 but since the shadows are round, it's getting a 5".

The game's due to be released this winter and we still know very little about it since apart from that tester guy at Sega, nobody who's played it has been allowed to speak about it. Let's not start nitpicking about things that aren't going to make one bit of difference to the overall fun of the title until we've something more concrete to base opinions on.

3 scanned pages of a magazine aren't enough for me to write this title off just yet.

Still all the moaning about shadows makes a welcome change from people moaning about Shadow himself...

Well now since we have Black Knight, it feels like we just have this game so Sega can be shown to be "fully supporting" Wii with Sonic, not just giving us the "Wii spin off" titles.

There's been comparison screens between Black Knight and this though and honestly this looks like a joke in comparison (lower poly Sonic model, worse lighting, rounded shadows, etc).

There's been comparison screens between Black Knight and this though and honestly this looks like a joke in comparison (lower poly Sonic model, worse lighting, rounded shadows, etc).
Wouldn't be surprised if this ended up looking identicle to the PS2 version!

Have we really got nothing better to do than complain about shadows?

They were fine in SA2B, then round in SADX, then back to normal for Heroes before reverting back to round in Shadow. And then they were OK again in SatSR.

Sonic 06 is pretty much the only game in the series to attempt anything even remotely advanced concerning lighting and it caused the frame rate to drop like a stone whenever it was employed. The use of dynamic shadows had absolutely no bearing what so ever on the gameplay - from a design point at least - so I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not IGN are going to turn around and say "We would have given it a 9 but since the shadows are round, it's getting a 5".

The game's due to be released this winter and we still know very little about it since apart from that tester guy at Sega, nobody who's played it has been allowed to speak about it. Let's not start nitpicking about things that aren't going to make one bit of difference to the overall fun of the title until we've something more concrete to base opinions on.

3 scanned pages of a magazine aren't enough for me to write this title off just yet.

Still all the moaning about shadows makes a welcome change from people moaning about Shadow himself...

don't be foolish of course it isn't just about the "shadow"

The fact that it is round reeks of laziness and a cutting corners attitude that sonic games have been known for..

If a SIMPLE thing like this isn't fixed gamers are more worried where will this stop?

If they cant fix a simple shadow effect then they cant fix broken gameplay.

don't be foolish of course it isn't just about the "shadow"

The fact that it is round reeks of laziness and a cutting corners attitude that sonic games have been known for..

If a SIMPLE thing like this isn't fixed gamers are more worried where will this stop?

If they cant fix a simple shadow effect then they cant fix broken gameplay.

My point is that we need to get regain some much needed perspective.

Besides, maybe it's because they are focusing on the gameplay that they are prepared to let other, less important, things slide. If the choice of how to spend the remaining development time is between tightening the gameplay or polishing the graphics, lets give them enough credit to think that they'll make the right call.

There is a manga based on Sonic Unleashed and it contains a new sonic friend called Chip the Chihuahua.

Games have shadows nowadays? I must have been too busy playing the games to actually notice that.

Besides, maybe it's because they are focusing on the gameplay that they are prepared to let other, less important, things slide. If the choice of how to spend the remaining development time is between tightening the gameplay or polishing the graphics, lets give them enough credit to think that they'll make the right call.

Perspective? Ok... I'll give you my perspective. This whole game is an insult! Sega didn't hear the fan's comments about The Secret Rings? That's what people want... run and jump! Not transform in whole kind of craps just to have something different.

In another perspective, where did Sonic sell the best till now? On Nintendo or other systems? So why the hell should Wii be getting crappy ports from other systems, instead of focusing on the console that really gives them money?

You're right... it's a detail. But one clear example of the treatment we're getting.

Last perspective is... this game seems another Sonic The Hedgehog (obviously, 360 version)... speaking quick and easy: crap!

There is a manga based on Sonic Unleashed and it contains a new sonic friend called.....

Chip the Chihuahua.

Bwa wahahahahahah! :woops: ...Lets hope you're joking.

Edit: Gahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Edit 2: Chip.... Chip the Chihuahua...Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

no..

about 10 or more horrible sonic games later I won't give them ANY benefit of ANY doubt.

and why should I ?

it's highly unlikely as I said in my previous post that they would let something so graphically basic like a shadow slide and not the gameplay..

It's just... shoddy.

Perspective? Ok... I'll give you my perspective. This whole game is an insult! Sega didn't hear the fan's comments about The Secret Rings? That's what people want... run and jump! Not transform in whole kind of craps just to have something different.

!

Well i'll give them credit they are more on the right track this time . I didn't even like secret rings all that much and neither did a lot of people. Too little control for my liking..

the MAIN problem with sonic 3d.. is it trie to be too much like it was in 2d.

When nintendo brought out super mario 64 it was COMPLETELY different to the sidescrolling games. so much so that if it had different characters you could never tell it was a mario game.

the other idea is to focus on what you are good at.. sonic adventure had it kind of right but instead of trying to improvement the gameplay in 2... they added the knuckles and tails missions which were GOD awful and made up 2/3 of the game.

The way this game is played out so far(at least on the 360 and ps3) seem good(bar the wolf idea which is meh)

but the wii version will CERTAINLY be shit.

There is a manga based on Sonic Unleashed and it contains a new sonic friend called Chip the Chihuahua.

Are... You... FUCKING KIDDING US?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:shakehead

Are... You... FUCKING KIDDING US?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:shakehead

*grabs popcorn and watchs dreams shatter once again* i have to admit after all these years im starting to enjoy this :) call me a bitch and cruel.:)

no..

about 10 or more horrible sonic games later I won't give them ANY benefit of ANY doubt.

and why should I ?

it's highly unlikely as I said in my previous post that they would let something so graphically basic like a shadow slide and not the gameplay..

It's just... shoddy..

I wholeheartedly agree. Why the fuck are you going to give 'the benefit of a doubt' to a concept that has failed repeatedly for the last, what, 6-7 years? (Dreamcast, Sonic Adventure).

Its like a sick loyal dog, getting battered by its owner, only to keep returning... That isn't me.