NEurope
Fandango

Sonic Unleashed

It's a preview done by someone who works at SEGA, so...

I think We'll have to wait till E3 to find out more now. :/

Yeah we just have to wait tell E3.

Looks quite good. Almost makes the prepubescent me want to break out his Dreamcast and give Sonic Adventure another go. Until he remembers that he hates all Sonic games on principle.

2D sections look cool, but the 3D ones were always way too chaotic when you actually had to control the game. Lol, the fact that most of the 3D sections literally seem to be on rails perfectly defines the nature of Sonic games.

This looks great, pleeaaase don't screw it up SEGA. Since you're not showing the werewolf sections, you could go ahead and not put them in!

This looks great, pleeaaase don't screw it up SEGA. Since you're not showing the werewolf sections, you could go ahead and not put them in!

Couldn't agree more. Have they not realized that people want a home console sonic game that is a gimic free, race to the end of the level Sonic game? I know I've been hankering for one ever since the 16 bit era ended.

Werewolf sections? W.T.F. :-|

Will I still loved the first 2 3D Sonic games, after that they kind of went all weird and well crappier. :D

The amount of alternate pathways in that video is just insane! I saw atleast 6-7 in that short space of time!

Looks...so...good...

The amount of alternate pathways in that video is just insane! I saw atleast 6-7 in that short space of time!

Stolen form NeoGAF (the images below, not your observation):

1z53j45.jpg

70811j.jpg

e7m9lc.jpg

2ed30cg.jpg

ogzya9.jpg

denvcp.jpg

2le2qeh.jpg

2phl0.jpg

2628y03.jpg

2e3790z.jpg

2d7ix46.jpg

Considering it's an on rails game, it's pretty obvious there are alternate paths :P

Considering it's an on rails game, it's pretty obvious there are alternate paths :P

I'm fairly certain that the trailer had more alternate routes than the whole of Sonic and the Secret Rings.

The High Europe video is awesome, I think this game could be great :)

One thing that would sell it to me is the ability to grab Chaos emeralds in the special stage and unlock Super Sonic in the main game, but I won't bet on that :heh:

One thing that would sell it to me is the ability to grab Chaos emeralds in the special stage and unlock Super Sonic in the main game, but I won't bet on that :heh:

No doubt it will be some sort of Super Were-Sonic! :blank:

No doubt it will be some sort of Super Were-Sonic! :blank:

And thus, you sir ave killed the impact of what this man below just said:

Back to doubting this game rather than anticipating it.

This is basically the DS games in super HD-3D wowzo-vision. I'm still on the fence about this (burnt too much by mr Hedgehog and the DS versions can fast become tiresome)...

Hope it turns out good. It certainly looks great. If only we would see a return to Mobius though. NEVER forget your roots!! If anything someone like Mario should be inheriting these areas (the above screens DO look like Sunshine's harbour area hmmm?) but a blue hedgehog in sneekers deserves to be back home on Mobius. I hope we see it...but it's doubtful.

UPDATED!

With NEW! harbour screens and MULTIPLE roots...wow!

ms.jpg

With NEW! harbour screens and MULTIPLE roots...wow!

ms.jpg

haha yeh, I was just thinking earlier that the level looked like sunshine, especially the early build:

Why does nothing happen when you hit enemies? atm they might as well be tables! Where's the classic ring loss?!
Umm, sonic is using the burst of speed (the blue glow around him) from the Sonic Rush games. Basically you hit a button to 'rush' forward, using up energy you collect from tricks etc (although I'm not seeing any tricks in the trailers). You're invincible when you do it.

Slightly different 360/PS3 Trailer - Gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35617.html

Why does nothing happen when you hit enemies? atm they might as well be tables! Where's the classic ring loss?!

How exactly are you meant to be controlling Sonic? SaTSR-esque or like the regular Sonic games?

MaxiConsolas, a popular Portugese video game magazine, has published a new Sonic Unleashed preview this month with some juicy new tidbits about the hotly anticipated title. The preview revealed that, like in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic’s abilities will be able to be improved through experience points gained throughout the game.

The magazine also confirmed that Sonic’s other friends, including Tails, will be playable during mini-games throughout the game. Other locales that will be present in the game will New York and China.

In their impressions of the game, they were impressed with the camera and how the Hedgehog Engine handles the transitions between 2D and 3D, but they noted some noticeable slowdown at some points.

SEGA: "The reactions to the game has been good, quick do something!"

*devs put shit in*

SEGA: "Crisis adverted. Good job!"

Segata Sanshiro and Sonic cry.

Also, this mag is reliable they were the ones who got the NiGHTS exclusive

How exactly are you meant to be controlling Sonic? SaTSR-esque or like the regular Sonic games?

Think that is the question on alot of ppls lips. I hope its going to be like a regular sonic game as i did not like SaTSR. They could improve the control scheme quite alot for SaTSR though.