NEurope
Fandango

Sonic Unleashed

It is a decent Sonic game, a lot of the were-hog bits did cause frustration through glitched combat and horribly paced jumping sections, a reasonable amount of the were-hog bits were still playable though.

The Sonic sections were sublime, the best they have been in years and provided a lot of enjoyment, I did beat the game in the end and I have to say I really enjoyed the proper final battle, to be fair there isn't a lot they can do that hasn't been done before but what they did do with it they did well and made it worth playing through the game to get to it... yes even that godforsaken final were-hog level section. ><

If Sega take all the good Sonic bits, get rid of the crap sun/moon item collecting requisite, make a more accessible hub world that you can't die in and a load of other things that I could probably start a whole thread on then they would have a truly amazing Sonic game, instead of one thats merely 'good'.

The final warehog section was the worst piece of gaming i'd played in the last 12 months.

Round pipes, no safety net? I died like 30 times!

The final warehog section was the worst piece of gaming i'd played in the last 12 months.

ah yes i remember that... I'm just glad i had alot of lifes stacked up...

Yep it was fucking awful that bit, fortunately there was a life or two you could grab each time which meant you could effectively retry it infinitely... I lost count of how many triew it took me, anyway, now that I've beat the game lol I feel like I can beat virtually anything lol.

So I decdied to go back to Sonic 2006 >> because I gave up barely halfway into the Shadow levels because of some glitched part I could never get past, but looking at it in a different perspective now I managed to get a lot further and the game, dare I say it, isn't that bad...

Yes the engine is clunky in comparison to Unleashed, yes it has a horrendous (but controllable) camera and pitfalls aplenty but some of the actual levels are fun, anyway I just want to complete all three storylines because I never properly got a chance to do so and I wanna see the final boss :p but yeah it is surprisingly playable after those were-hog sections in Unleashed, also 2006 feels a lot more like SA3 than SU ever did IMO.

I never made it to the end of this as I just found the werehog bits so damn frustrating...The Sonic bits however were the best in the series for such a long time when will Sonic Team realise we don't need all these gimmicks just to spread out the experience, give us a game that is purely built around the solid core premise of the Sonic games that we all know and love from the past.

Just rented this, only played a few levels, but I found the daylight levels fantastic, really really fantastic.

The warehog is not so bad. You get loads of combos if you put ur combat exp up. And there's some hidden combos they don't tell you about you can do.

A bit of a bump, but my thoughts on the new DLC (250MS Points), a bunch of new levels in Chun-Nan

You get 4 Sonic stages and 2 Warehog stages.

- Sonic Act 1-2

A much harder version of the main level. Plenty of extra lives dotted about to make it easier, but I found that most deaths were due to mistakes rather than unfair controls and jumps (and there were a lot of difficult jumps, but it's the timing that's important).

- Sonic Act 2-2

5 laps. Starts off hard and gets progressively harder. Each lap has quite a different layout (but obviously re-uses parts for some laps). There was only one section that I felt was unfair, but there was an extra life at the beginning of each lap so you only had to do one lap at a time without dying. Plenty of alternate routes (again, different for each lap).

- Sonic Act 4

A short stage that's all about precision timing. My least favourite level of the DLC, but still good.

- Sonic Act 5

A level where you're mainly running on water, yet somehow they made it so it isn't frustrating. 4 laps for this one, each one slightly different.

- Warehog Act 1-2

A continuation of the main level, mainly fighting.

- Warehog Act 3

- Lots of short platforming sections mixed with short fight sections. Probably one of the better Warehog levels.

Is the DLC out now?

Yup, I never even knew it existed until I saw it on the marketplace.

Yup, I never even knew it existed until I saw it on the marketplace.

Ah right cool. thanks.

I shall be buying it at some point then! :)