NEurope
Fandango

Sonic Unleashed

Tails and Knuckles aren't bad assuming they'll be like their 2D counterparts. I want Shadow to CoolFunk. If you can play as him instead of Sonic (miss out were wolf parts) then i'd be happy. They're killing Shadow too. He's an ultimate weapon but uses guns, can run as fast as Sonic, but drives cars...

That's a big 'wtf' there.

That is rather where it tends to all fall down. Maybe they should give it to Bioware or something, see what they can do. :heh:

I actually think the Nintendo Mario Galaxy team could make a better Sonic game than Sonic Team.

I think the Mario Party 8 team could make a better Sonic game than Sonic Team...

Yea I went there...

www.sega-magazin.de

The following is fact:

1. All assets leaked over the weekend belong to one game: Sonic Unleashed.

2. All assets could be found on SEGA’s FTP, but everything’s got deleted as of now.

3. SEGA plans to show Unleashed at some Gamer’s Day event in May.

4. Unleashed is currently scheduled for a worldwide release in November, right for Christmas.

5. The original screens are very high-res and show no indication of “Photoshopping”.

6. As you can see, Unleash will take place in 3D environments.

This is speculation:

1. There is no info about the plot and the actual gameplay. A press info that appeared on the net came to life in some Sonic Fanboy’s mind.

2. The platforms for Unleashed are currently unknown, but it is expected to launch on all three platforms.

3. A possible confirmation by SEGA towards SEGA ON is also pure speculation.

Cool I am going to get this game and Is it comeing out for Nintendo Wii?

Could this be in the Sonic Unleashed topic.

WTF?

Anyway, the trailer looks awesome (even if there is noticeable pop-up).

PS2, Wii, PS3, 360.

Looks like there will be two versions of the game then. (The good version, 360 and PS3, and the shit PS2 version, with Wii version being the shit PS2 version but with shit motion controls added to make it even shitter)

I love the camera angle where its half behind and half straight on, it gives maximum view, and if the whole game like that it would be awesome. Looks good though!

If the Wii version is just a shitty PS2 + "waggle" port then I'm getting the 360 version... come to think of it, if the 360 version is better then I'll be getting that version, so basically the Wii version is gonna have to be pretty damn significant over other versions for me to consider getting it. :heh:

PS2, Wii, PS3, 360.

Looks like there will be two versions of the game then. (The good version, 360 and PS3, and the shit PS2 version, with Wii version being the shit PS2 version but with shit motion controls added to make it even shitter)

Its a sonic game, both versions are going to be shit.

Its a sonic game, both versions are going to be shit.

After Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic and the Secret Rings I'm fairly confident that I'm going to really enjoy this one.

With the announcement of the PS2 version I'm not confident on the Wii version, though.

It's simple, for multiformat games generally speaking, more versions = less time spent on console specific versions, what can be ported gets ported and then any console specific traits get tacked on.

I have sort of hopes for this game but it will score an 8.2 at most I reckon.

Tails and Knuckles aren't bad assuming they'll be like their 2D counterparts. I want Shadow to CoolFunk. If you can play as him instead of Sonic (miss out were wolf parts) then i'd be happy. They're killing Shadow too. He's an ultimate weapon but uses guns, can run as fast as Sonic, but drives cars...

That's a big 'wtf' there.

I agree. Tails and Knuckles are the classic characters, and they were playable in the old games. I don't see why it would be a problem to include them. Also, they did ruin Shadow's character to some extent in his spin-off, but they redeemed him in Sonic 2006. Too bad that the driving sections were still in it, and that the game was crap though. ><

I have sort of hopes for this game but it will score an 8.2 at most I reckon.

That'll still be bloody good compared to Sega's recent efforts!

I've got high (and probably misplaced) hopes for this game. Sonic 360/PS3 was one of the worst games I have ever played. If it was a chocolate bar it'd be a Butterfinger with no butter and a human finger in it.

Is there anymore shots for this game?

I think We'll have to wait till E3 to find out more now. :/

Having worked in the video game industry for closing in on a decade, I’ve heard a lot of common misconceptions from my friends and family regarding exactly what it is that I do as my job. The most common one seems to be: “You just get to sit around and play video games all day, don’t you?”

The short answer is no, I don’t — not even close, unfortunately.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t get to play games at all; on the contrary, most of the time I’ll get to play one of our titles well before it hits retail shelves. Today, as an example, I got to play Sonic Unleashed on the 360 for about 15 minutes.

The game is far from complete, but most of the game elements are in place, and in some cases it’s just a matter of polish and tweaking to get the gameplay to work correctly. In other cases, there’s more development that needs to be done, but since the game’s not due to ship until late in the year, there’s still a ton of time to iron out the details, both large and small.

I got to see three different levels being played, and then got to try one of the levels myself. Here are my initial impressions, keeping in mind that there are still aspects of the game that we won’t discuss until a later time:

# There’s speed, and lots of it. Those of you wanting 2D — you’ve got it. Those of you wanting 3D, well, you’ve got it too. Each perspective brings its own challenges.

# The gameplay itself on the level I played really felt like classic Sonic. There’s rings, there’s bumpers, there’s loops, there’s jumping … but there’s also a few other things in there as well that add to the experience.

# The level I played had multiple paths so you’ll be encouraged to play each level several times over and try to find the fastest path or the most rings you can.

# There was a cool section in 3D perspective where Sonic has to use a quick-step to the left or right to avoid multiple obstacles in his path. This is done with a button-push, not with the stick, so it’s an almost-instant jump left or right without breaking stride. Pretty cool.

# The landscape and environments look great and there are some things there that Sonic can interact with.

# A couple of the sections felt a lot like a roller coaster.

# Not all the bumpers work in Sonic’s favor.

Overall, even though it was one level, it was a blast and I would have played it a lot more if I’d had the opportunity. The gameplay style of this particular level — a style that comprises a good portion of the overall game — is going to make a lot of old-school Sonic fans really happy. The little blue guy gets going so fast sometimes that it’s truly difficult to keep up…!

blogs.sega.com

The game is far from complete, but most of the game elements are in place, and in some cases it’s just a matter of polish and tweaking to get the gameplay to work correctly. In other cases, there’s more development that needs to be done, but since the game’s not due to ship until late in the year, there’s still a ton of time to iron out the details, both large and small.

Hmm, that does worry me somewhat. With Sega's track record, the "polishing and tweaking" might not even get done. Though it's good to hear that it's working well, so far. A lot of those points in the preview sound awesome too. :)