Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The P-p-p-punofficial N-E Quiz

jayseven

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Yes Moogle ¬_¬ I'm just having curiously odd internet issues where I can't get onto certain sites, can't post certain new threads or posts or edit old ones -- but I can post other things. I can't seem to quote too many posts in one reply because if I do the page that will eventually load will be an error 400 page with n-e's server basically not understanding my simple "i want to edit this fucking post" request, or "i want to post this fucking fairytale thread" request. Whatever.

I can't check my emails, x11, upload images, and facebook only works in IE. I don't know what the problem is... but BASICALLY I can't save the edited version of my post :P

• 8 months later...

Right then. This isn't an official round of the unofficial quiz. This is something for fun to get y'all back into the spirit of quizzing. No points to be won. Try not to google/wiki/imdb for answers.

40 quotes from 40 movies. Can you get them?

1. I'm hesitating even as I write this letter. If I decide to do it, I'll be listening to the broadcast with my sister. Jimbob isn't mute.

2. Fuck damnation, man! Fuck redemption! We are God's unwanted children? So be it! Mooglated.

3. Did you ever have a job that you hated and worked real hard at? A long, hard day of work. Finally you get to go home, get in bed, close your eyes and immediately you wake up and realize... that the whole day at work had been a dream. It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free.

4. Koyaanisqatsi. Koyaanisqatsi. Koyaanisqatsi. KOYAANISQATSI. Dante stated the obvious! These are the only words spoken in the whole movie...

5. C: Neighbors heard them screaming at each other, like for two hours, and it was nothing new. Then they heard the gun go off, both barrels. Crime of passion.

S: Yea, just look at all the passion on that wall.

6. Hey, you want to hear something funny? My dentist's name is James Spalding. Moogle loves time. Or something.

7. M: What do you do for recreation?

D: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. Echo is the dude.

8. F: All right then. Let's get this vessel shipshape.

R: I kind of like it the way it is. Submarine shape.

9. C: They just want to show us they are brave warriors. And they want us to follow them to the village.

H: Follow them?

C: Yeah, to return the prisoner, and to talk.

H: Hey listen, I-I don't know about this. I think they want us for dinner tonight.

10. I went to bed in my shithole apartment and I woke up in an actual shithole. d666 opened his ojos.

11. [moaning in pain] Oh Jesus Christ... I need a doctor, man... I can't take it man, my arm, MY FUCKING ARM!

12. So, you guys like to tell jokes, huh? Gigglin' and laughin' like a bunch of young broads sittin' in a schoolyard. Well, let me tell a joke. Five guys, sittin' in a bullpen, in San Quentin. All wondering how the fuck they got there. What should we have done, what didn't we do, who's fault is it, is it my fault, your fault, his fault, all that bullshit. Then one of them says, hey. Wait a minute. When we were planning this caper, all we did was sit around tellin' fuckin' jokes! Get the message? Boys, I don't mean to holler at ya. When this caper's over - and I'm sure it'll be a successful one - we'll get down to the Hawaiian Islands, hell, I'll roll and laugh with all of ya. You'll find me a different character down there. Right now, it's a matter of business. Eddage is Mr. Orange

13. B: You go in, find the President, bring him out in less than 24 hours, and you're a free man.

S: Bullshit!

B: I'm making you an offer.

S: Get a new president.

B: Is that your answer?

S: I'm thinking about it.

B: Think hard. We're still at war. We need him alive.

S: I don't give a fuck about your war...or your president.

14. Swanney taught us to adore and respect the national health service. For it was the source of much of our gear. We stole drugs. We stole prescriptions or bought them, sold them, swapped them, forged them, photocopied them. Or traded drugs with cancer victims, alcoholics, old-age pensioners, AIDS patients, epileptics, and bored housewives.

15. What's wrong with your eyes? Flinky raised a thumb.

16. We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?

17. There's the television. It's all right there - all right there. Look, listen, kneel, pray. Commercials! We're not productive anymore. We don't make things anymore. It's all automated. What are we *for* then? We're consumers, Jim. Yeah. Okay, okay. Buy a lot of stuff, you're a good citizen. But if you don't buy a lot of stuff, if you don't, what are you then, I ask you? What? Mentally *ill*. Fact, Jim, fact - if you don't buy things - toilet paper, new cars, computerized yo-yos, electrically-operated sexual devices, stereo systems with brain-implanted headphones, screwdrivers with miniature built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers..

18. S: Give my best to Alison and the twins.

J: Triplets.

S: Triplets? My how time flies

19. Gt: God Arnie, you're getting so big. Pretty soon I ain't gonna be able to carry you no more.

A: No, you're getting littler Gilbert. You're getting littler, you're shrinking! You're shrinking Gilbert, you're shrinking! Shrinking, shrinking, shrinking!

20. Board Member 1: What if you tire before it's done?

Board Member 2: Does it have rules?

Board Member 3: Can more than one play?

Board Member 4: What makes you think it's a game?

Board Member 3: Is it a game?

Board Member 5: Will it break?

Board Member 6: It better break eventually!

Board Member 2: Is there an object?

Board Member 1: What if you tire before it's done?

Board Member 5: Does it come with batteries?

Board Member 4: We could charge extra for them.

Board Member 7: Is it safe for toddlers?

Board Member 3: How can you tell when you're finished?

Board Member 2: How do you make it stop?

Board Member 6: Is that a boy's model?

Board Member 3: Can a parent assemble it?

Board Member 5: Is there a larger model for the obese?

Board Member 1: What if you tire before it's done?

Board Member 8: What the hell is it?

21. It started as rioting. But right from the beginning you knew this was different. Because it was happening in small villages, market towns. And then it wasn't on the TV any more. It was in the street outside. It was coming in through your windows. It was a virus. An infection. You didn't need a doctor to tell you that. It was the blood. It was something in the blood. By the time they tried to evacuate the cities it was already too late. Army blockades were overrun. And that's when the exodus started. Before the TV and radio stopped broadcasting there were reports of infection in Paris and New York. We didn't hear anything more after that. Eddage saw red.

22. D: How are those maggots?

M: Huh?

D: Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots. How do they taste? Flink dangled from a bridge.

23. How many lives do we live? How many times do we die? They say we all lose 21 grams... at the exact moment of our death. Everyone. And how much fits into 21 grams? How much is lost? When do we lose 21 grams? How much goes with them? How much is gained? How much is gained? Twenty-one grams. The weight of a stack of five nickels. The weight of a hummingbird. A chocolate bar. How much did 21 grams weigh? Surprisingly 21 Grams is the right answer.

24. How could I forget about you? You're the only person I know. The Bourne Identity. jayseven is so smart.

25. One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas jayseven's mega-brain struck again.

26. I'm the most dangerous man in this prison. You know why? 'Cause I control the underwear. Dannyboy is no racist.

27. Martian Translator Device: All green of skin... 800 centuries ago, their bodily fluids include the birth of half-breeds. For the fundamental truth self-determination of the cosmos, for dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

General Decker: What the hell does that mean? Dante comes in peace. Lol!

28. S: Do you know what I hate?

Baby's Mother: [in pain] No!

S: I hate these forty-year-old jack-holes wearing ponytails. That pony tail doesn't make you look hip, young, or cool.

[s shoots a ponytail henchmen in the head]

29. Because of molecules we are connected to the outside world from our bodies. Like when you smell things, because when you smell a smell it's not really a smell, it's a part of the object that has come off of it, molecules. So when you smell something bad, it's like in a way you're eating it. This is why you should not really smell things, in the same way that you don't eat everything in the world around you because as a smell, it gets inside of you. So the next time you go into the bathroom after someone else has been there, remember what kinds of molecules you are in fact eating.

30. Forget about it is like if you agree with someone, you know, like Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass, forget about it. But then, if you disagree, like A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it! you know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like mingia those peppers, forget about it. But it's also like saying Go to hell! too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker?" and Paulie says "Forget about it!" Sometimes it just means forget about it.

31. I can tell you with certainty what I did that night, when it was my turn, but I think it would do little good. Because what the world remembers, the actuality, the last revision, is what counts, apparently. So, how many times did it take Aaron, as he cycled through the same conversations, lip-synching trivia over and over? How many times would it take, before he got it right? Three? Four? Twenty? I've decided to believe that only one more would have done it. I can almost sleep at night, if there's only one more. Slowly and methodically, he reverse-engineered a perfect moment. He took from his surroundings what was needed, and made of it something more. And once the details had been successfully navigated, there was nothing more. Maybe the last minute moral debate... until the noise of the room escalates into panic and background screams, as the gunman walks in. Primer is indeed correct.

32. Let me tell you something, Mark. You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its... stupidity.

33. Modern cars - they all look like electric shavers Sin City jayseven clearly got this one right.

34. The normal question, the first question is always; are these cannibals? No, they are not cannibals. Cannibalism in the true sense of the word implies an interspecies activity. These creatures cannot be considered human. They prey on humans. They do not prey on each other, that's the difference. They attack and they feed only on warm human flesh. Intelligence? Seemingly little or no reasoning power, but basic skills remain a more remembered behaviors from normal life. There are reports of these creatures using tools. But even these actions are the most primitive, the use of external articles as bludgeons and so forth. I might point out to you that even animals will adopt the basic use of tools in this manner. These creatures are nothing but pure, motorized instinct. We must not be lulled by the concept that these are our family members or our friends. They are not. They will not respond to such emotions.

35. Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse. Eddage is the third mouse - he ate the churned butter.

36. Drinking gives Herculean strength! Jimbob cracked this walnut WITH HIS THUMB

37. I: Give me a Valium, I'm getting the FEAR!

D: [very calmly] You have done something to your brain. You have made it high. If I lay 10 mils of diazepam on you, it will do something else to your brain. You will make it low. Why trust one drug and not the other? That's politics, isn't it?

Wl: What are you talking about, Danny?

D: Politics man. If you're hanging on to a rising balloon, you're presented with a difficult decision: let go before it's too late, or hold on and keep getting higher. Posing the question, how long can you keep a grip on the rope?

38. R: Do you want to play questions?

G: How do you play that?

R: You have to ask a question.

G: Statement. One - Love.

R: Cheating.

G: How?

R: I haven't started yet.

G: Statement. Two - Love.

R: Are you counting that?

G: What?

R: Are you counting that?

G: Foul. No repetition. Three - Love and game.

R: I'm not going to play if you're going to be like that.

39. BM: Me and FS, we're like this.

[crosses fingers]

BB: You mean you're real good friends?

BM: [shakes head] Nah, it's just that every time I see him, I cross my fingers, and hope he won't hit me.

40. I can't drive you around while you're killing folks. It ain't my job! Jimbob is a wolf in the headlights of an audioslave song.

15. What's Wrong With Your Eyes = Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Arnie says it to John Conner, after they escape Pescadero. In the car, after evading the Teee-onethousaaaand. Sarah has a little rant how John can't risk himself, even for her, which causes John to cry, hence the quote.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!