NEurope
navarre

GCSE results

How come so many people are predicted all As and A*s?

Jesus. Conclusion ; GCSEs are getting easier.

a mixture of grammar school folk/scottish (standard grades are easier than GCSE imo)

Damn you smart people...

Imagine my fucking annoyance after all that I still got a B (78/100 - 80 was the A barrier). I guess I'm just not that intelligent.

EDIT: It's around nine weeks now till the real thing I think. Fuck.

I don't think anyone seriously takes exam grades as a measure of intelligence, d00d.

I don't think anyone seriously takes exam grades as a measure of intelligence, d00d.

I know they're just big fucking memory tests; "Okay kids lets see how much you remember from the revision guide!".

Still, I never miss a chance for self-deprecation.

Did everyone get predicted grades the same as the gcse's they actually got?

I didn't. was predicted a load of c/d's and got a, bbb, cccc in the real exams.

My mocks were total shit, therefore i got crappy "estimates" or whatever they are called these days. But to be fair I was off school 2 months before the mocks...

I'm really glad i never have to do exams =) Assignment only courses ftw ^_^

EXPLAIN MATE!!!!!

:heh:

My sister left school at the start of Year 9, when I was in Year 10, and thus I was taken with her, a bullying thing basically. Anyway, there were loads of arguments to be had with the LEA, the school, and loads of schools to visit etc.

It ended up taking us through to July until we got a school sorted - and my previous school refused to send over any of my coursework.

So I had to do both my years of GCSE in Year 11.

:heh::wtf: I can see what you're saying sort of but I think quite a few people take exam grades to mean intelligence. If you can't go off exam grades, what does determine someone who is 'intelligent'.

I happened to get my Science result from January today :)...

I got a B

Im happy at that :D:D:D

And earlier this week got my maths result and got a C

:heh::wtf: I can see what you're saying sort of but I think quite a few people take exam grades to mean intelligence. If you can't go off exam grades, what does determine someone who is 'intelligent'.

I suppose you never really know anyone's real intellectual capacity until you know them as a person. Or at least talk to them.

Hmm for gcses i got

English Lit - A*

Lang - A*

Maths - A

ICT - AA

Short course PE - A

Geography - A

Art - A

Sciences - BBB

Music - B

History - B

RS - D (lol...)

Anyhoo, got my AS results from january back today

High C in Biology

High C in General Studies

Meh... seems AS levels require alot more revision...

I suppose you never really know anyone's real intellectual capacity until you know them as a person. Or at least talk to them.

Surely A level results are a decent indicator though?

Surely A level results are a decent indicator though?

You don't get him do you? He means some people might have all A's on there CV's but when you meet them in real life they are thick as pigs shit. No common sense or anything. Probably don't know how to hang a picture up on a wall or change a fuse in a plug.

Oh and i agree with Bard.

Anyhoo, got my AS results from january back today

High C in Biology

High C in General Studies

Meh... seems AS levels require alot more revision...

Also got my As results back.

High C in Biology (Snap)

High C in Maths

High C in ICT

High C in Business Studies

Low E in General "Load of bollocks" Studies.

I've always been predicted B (or equivolent), and so far I've pretty much never dissapointed.

You don't get him do you? He means some people might have all A's on there CV's but when you meet them in real life they are thick as pigs shit. No common sense or anything. Probably don't know how to hang a picture up on a wall or change a fuse in a plug.

Oh and i agree with Bard.

Ah right i get what you mean now. Was being a bit slow there :heh:

Got my AS resits back. C in Computing I'm midly dissapointed with and D in General Studies. Much better that an E and U respectively.

Hopefully moved my Computing up to a B. General Studies I don't care about.

A's in both physics retakes. :D

B in geography retake.

D in C3 (gonna retake).

Failed Geography A-level paper...

English Higher/As (i'm doing both a t once for a joke) pisses me off.

Why aren't we allowed the book in the exam? It's just a memory test, when I'd prefer to actually be revising other subjects.

The argument is basically you'd spend the whole time flicking through the book looking for some radom quote. They'd rather you use teh rough quote rather than spend 20 seconds looking for the exact quote. Either way, it's a memory test. If you don't remember any quotes even roughly then you'll just be using the book as a crutch, and you ain't gonna do very well... Or at least that's their argument.

My uni course has recently started allowing "notes" to be taken in -- more specifically, up to two double-sided A4 sheets of DIRECT quotes no smaller than font size 10. Because it's up to us how we arrange the quotes and such, it negates the whole 'remembering quotes' issue and instead encourages you to remember themes and patterns and whatever. It's a far more effective system, but I could imagine would be a bitch to organise nationally, considering we just have our tutors coming 'round the lecture hall checking our notes.

Regarding steps up: I've found the step from A level to university far greater than the one from GCSE to A level. I mean, even if I poured my entire soul into a university exam I'd probably get less than 80%.

Got some Science GCSE module results today:

Biology: A*

Chemistry: A

Physics: A

Man I am so good at remembering things!