NEurope
navarre

GCSE results

Really, the title says it all. Here, you post you expected/actual GCSE results. I'll start folk. I'm expected to:

English Language-B

English Literature- B

Maths- A

Biology- A*

Chemistry-A*

Physics- A

Design Technology- C

Information Technology- C

Religious Studies-A

History-A

My GCSE results:

English Lit - A

English Lang - A

Maths - A*

Chemistry - A*

Physics - A*

French - A

Latin - A*

Geography - A

History - A

And for Higher / AS Level I'm doing:

Maths

Further Maths

Chemistry

Latin

French

Ok so I did my GCSE's almost 2 years ago now...eek scary but this is unfortunetly what I got:

Maths: C

English: B

English Lit: B

Science (double award): C C

IT (double award): C C (it should have been A but because of complications with everybodys exams the marks went all haywire and never got re-submitted because my high school was crap...oh well C is good ^.^)

Textiles : C

Art: C

History: D <--- was disappointed, but had such a bad teacher in yr 11

R.E: B

Not good but not bad either.

My btec I should be getting about 240 points but won't find out properly til may. ^.^

Lol. I wish work was always as easy as GCSEs.

Art A*

English Lit A*

English Lang A*

History A

RS A*

German A

Biology A*

Chemistry A*

Physics A*

Maths C

Art A*

English Lit A*

English Lang A*

History A

RS A*

German A

Biology A*

Chemistry A*

Physics A*

Maths C

Nothing would make me happier than getting your GCSE results. You do realise you can be whatever you want, right?

Predicted:

English Language - A*

English Literature - A*

Maths - A*

French - B/C

CT AS - B/C

P.E - A*

Geography - A*

Physics - A*

Chemistry A*

Biology - A*

BTEC Sport - Merit/Distinction - worth 2 GCSE's

RS - A/A*

Already got:

Statistics : A

General Studies: A*

English Language A*

English Literature B

Geography B

ICT B B

PE B

Maths C

Science C C

Leisure and Tourism E E (teacher was shite)

GCSEs are so piss easy.

I did no work at all for them. I actually didn't revise for Physics at all, and got an A*.

Graphics A*

Maths A

Art A

History B

Science BB

English lang B

English Lit B

Statistics C

ICT CC

Art was a complete joke, i did hardly any work compared to others and i still got an A. I should have got better in ICT, but all the 'write a letter' and all that rubbish was crap.

Now studying AS/A2 levels in:

Maths

Biology

ICT

Business studies

You do realise you can be whatever you want, right?

Hahahaha, I have never had a job interview where they have even looked at my GCSE's let alone hired me because of them.

I did no work at all for them. I actually didn't revise for Physics at all, and got an A*.

Yer, people always say that, get's on my nerves.

Nothing would make me happier than getting your GCSE results. You do realise you can be whatever you want, right?

That was about 3 years ago. Then I went and did Chem, Bio, English and Art for A level. Dropped Art, because it got boring and pretentious, and now I'm doing English at Uni, but couldn't apply to any of the really good unis like UCL or Oxford because I did two science subjects, and they won't consider you if you don't have 2 + arts subjects focused on essay writing... So, it's actually pretty meh.

Not really, GCSE results only matter when getting into A-Level courses (and a select few University's). I'm in a damn good uni and check out how bad my GCSE's were:

English - B

English Lit - B

Science - CC

Maths - D

Business Studies - E

German - E

Graphics - E

I.T - E

Art - U

R.E - D (or E, can't remember)

But on my college course I got DDM, but did all the paperwork pretty much the night before. I just think I got rubbish GCSE's because I was shit at exams and I was never really that interested in many of the subjects (bar English and Science).

That was about 3 years ago. Then I went and did Chem, Bio, English and Art for A level. Dropped Art, because it got boring and pretentious, and now I'm doing English at Uni, but couldn't apply to any of the really good unis like UCL or Oxford because I did two science subjects. So, it's actually pretty meh.

Wait, i'm doing triple science and English for A level. What subjects do you need for Uni's like that then?

Hahahaha, I have never had a job interview where they have even looked at my GCSE's let alone hired me because of them.

Well, really, he can study whatever A-levels he likes, thus getting a good place in University. But GCSE's are always a great place to start. TBH, I'm a little worried about mine. They're a while off, but some coursework is very hard.

Wait, i'm doing triple science and English for A level. What subjects do you need for Uni's like that then?

Depends what you want to do at uni. If you want to do a Science based subject, you're all set...but if you want to do, say, English, you might be a tad screwed.

Welsh Language - B

Welsh Lit - B

English Language - C

English Lit - B

Science - CC

Maths - E

Geography - B

Art - B

Drama - B

I.T - A

My 'E' at Maths really bothers me. Resat the exam once during 6th form and again after leaving school, but I still got an 'E' :(

<--- was disappointed, but had such a bad teacher in yr 11

I feel your pain. I had an awful teacher from History as well. Incomprehensible, couldn't be arsed attitude, and he kept losing our exercise books (especially mine). I still managed a B though.

Anyway, I can't be bothered with the whole list, but I got an A in Maths (which I was pretty proud of at the time) and B's for everything else, apart from French, which I got a C.

Depends what you want to do at uni. If you want to do a Science based subject, you're all set...but if you want to do, say, English, you might be a tad screwed.

Don't really want to take a pure English course; really hoping to do a journalism one. I'm guessing you need History and the like to take an English course?

I feel old =(

I did my gcses in the summer of 2003 :o

For the mocks I mostly got C's other than a borderline C/D in RE.

I got Maths A, English B, Art B, RE B (missed an A by one mark, the rage) Double science CC, Geography C, French C.

Don't really want to take a pure English course; really hoping to do a journalism one. I'm guessing you need History and the like to take an English course?

Nah, I'm doing English, but some universities require you to do multiple arts subjects. On the other hand, there are some really good uni's that don't, such as Warwick and KCL, so I think inevitably you'll be alright as long as you get the grades.

A*A*A*AAAABBB back in 2004. I played Counter Strike so much that summer. I would draw out de_dust clan tactics in exams.

Better was the play we did. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I, of course, Mr. Beaver. That was such a blast, and not because that weird hoodrat girl licked my ear, that freaked me out.

Tips: take English lit, not lang. Take a mix.

Nah, I'm doing English, but some universities require you to do multiple arts subjects. On the other hand, there are some really good uni's that don't, such as Warwick and KCL, so I think inevitably you'll be alright as long as you get the grades.

Oh, good. Gives me the option if I want to then.

Sister goes Warwick - awesome Uni.

A*A*A*AAAABBB back in 2004. I played Counter Strike so much that summer. I would draw out de_dust clan tactics in exams.

Better was the play we did. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I, of course, Mr. Beaver. That was such a blast, and not because that weird hoodrat girl licked my ear, that freaked me out.

Tips: take English lit, not lang. Take a mix.

Its compulsory to take both.