NEurope
navarre

GCSE results

Regarding steps up: I've found the step from A level to university far greater than the one from GCSE to A level. I mean, even if I poured my entire soul into a university exam I'd probably get less than 80%.

It's probably different according to the university you go to though, right? Cambridge are proper slave drivers, or so I've heard.

Well us normal plebs probably find it just as hard to get 80% at a regular, mortal university as grunchie does in fantasyland. Damn you!

*cries*

Regarding steps up: I've found the step from A level to university far greater than the one from GCSE to A level. I mean, even if I poured my entire soul into a university exam I'd probably get less than 80%.

See I've heard the opposite of that from a few people. Hope I get into a good uni first though!

Got my science result from January yesterday: A. :D

And I got a C in my maths mock earlier this week, which made me happy.

I got my AS results for Geography today, I got what I needed. :D

So many people were crying because they failed Biology!

I've heard of alot of people failing their Biology as well. Doesn't bode great next year for me really =/ Ah well. I shall just have to try and remember the textbook =P

Currently in the middle of GCSEs.

Last years science grade was an A. I got my grade back for my Additional Science in Chemistry which is also an A. My ISA coursework was full marks so I am 50% of the way to getting A/A* in the summer.

Yesterday I got my marks for last years ICT (Edexcel Dida) and that too was an A. Overall pleased with my results so far.

Chemistry / Physics GCSE coursework was a joke. (Not a positive joke, a negative joke)

The teacher basically told us what we had to write to get full marks. No scientific expertise was needed at all. And the fact that I helped a friend write a section of his coursework (ie. I wrote it for him) is really flawed.

If I were on the exam board, I'd scrap coursework altogether, since it doesn't actually demonstrate how competetant someone is at said subject at all.

Wahey. 3 A*'s for GCSE January sceince modules :) and a B in the first half of CT AS. 100% in Biology B2 means I only need 70% in B3 to get an A* :D Good stuff!

GCSE's have changed so much and I only took them two years ago, all these different subjects people can take now =[. Bleh.

In the end I only revised for maths, because I've always been rubbish at it (god knows how I got onto games programming for uni then..) english I find easy but could have got a better mark if I'd put some effort in, the same with art and textiles.

In the end I only revised for maths, because I've always been rubbish at it .

Co Signs.

I was more happy with the C I got in Maths, then the A* I got in English.

And the fact that I helped a friend write a section of his coursework (ie. I wrote it for him) is really flawed.

*smiles gleefully, having passed Chemistry GCSE, due to the coursework he got help to do*

:)

Co Signs.

I'm with you. I got a B in maths which I was really happy about. I got A's in english but English was so easy it was nothing to be happy about.

I always found English to be really difficult all through high school =( I was getting major fails until i started gcse's and thanks to a good teacher managed to pull it up to a C. (with a lot of bloody work at that)

I did intermediate modules and coursework for maths but still managed to pull off an A after the higher exam...and i didn't study. >_>

Co Signs.

Hmm. Same. I got a C in maths, but that's probably because I went to approximately 3 lessons that term. Woo. It gives my results some personality, can't be having all A's :heh:.

Got my January module results yesterday, and I am super pleased. Especially with getting 98% in C4. Now I only need Bs in the summer to get As overall.

Maths - A*

Science - AA

Geography - A

English Lit - A

English Lang - B

Graphics - B

Media - B

Statistics - B

IT - C

IT was a complete joke. We had a shit media teacher. And we had two weeks of statistics lessons. The rest were just down to me not doing any of my coursework.

Got out january As level results on wednesday. In business and C1 maths I got a B and 2 marks off of an A. I didn't do a single bit of revision. It's not that big of a step up from GCSE.