NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

I don't get why people hate on the FIA so much. It's so annoying because it's mostly from hamilton fans who just can't stand Hamilton not doing well. Seriously, if james Allen admits that all of his punishments were deserved then well you'd think the others would.

Even Lewis admitted he made a mistake in France, he ruined Kimi's race in Canada and Spa was Spa; deserved.

No it's the fact that the FIA love Ferrari so much. Even before Hamilton was around. That's why I "hate on them" as you put it.

Don't you see that if Massa ran a bit wider he would've easily passed him? He obviously didn't expect Bourdais to keep his car there, because Bourdais tried too hard.

Also, there's no way Bourdais would've kept Massa behind him. At the time Massa had already passed several cars.

Of course Bourdais was trying hard, they were racing for position. Bourdais had every right to defend his inside line, gave Massa plenty of room and as you point out Massa could've passed easily soon after anyway, so why did he try it there? The stewards really have been incompetent at best this year.

Lewis gets a ten place grid penalty for possibly thinking about eating somebody else's cheese sandwich, wins the championship anyway after confused Ferrari mechanics attempt to fuel Massa's car with the coffee machine.

Lewis gets a ten place grid penalty for possibly thinking about eating somebody else's cheese sandwich, wins the championship anyway after confused Ferrari mechanics attempt to fuel Massa's car with the coffee machine.

LOL :bowdown:

Yeah, Barrichello has been consistently faster than Button throughout the season, who spent way too much time battling Force Indias.

Anyway, at the moment I think everybody is where they should be except Vettel and maybe Fisi, so this is all good.

Honda aren't going to give up Button, he's their most marketable asset as well as being a proven talent. Barrichello can't possibly have more then one more season in him. They'll be wanting to move some fresh (ideally Japanese) talent in, and who knows what could come of Dancia Patrick's test with them this winter.

Bourdais and Piquet are the real two question marks, both under threat by a number talented new drivers coming up through their team's young driver programs.

Meanwhwile, McLaren have to decided to bring new aerodynamics for the final championship push in Brazil, including a new rear wing -

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71768

Yeah Ferrari's last f2008 developments went on the car in Japan, whereas McClaren have continued development with a 'Brazil package'.

Bet Honda are a bit pissed! They spend all that money on Ross Brawn thinking he'd attract a big name [read Alonso] to the team, yet it looks like they'll be with the same drivers, or a current driver and a rookie going into '09!

Also, REALLY hope this standard engine move doesn't go ahead!! None of the teams want it and it just wouldn't be the same!

F1 is all about the rivaling manufacturers; don't turn it into GP2 or A1 GP!!

Next year's Honda will have been developed with Brawn pulling all the strings, so I will be greatly surprised if they don't have a massively improved package, whoever their drivers are next year.

That's a bit extreme, but yeah, this standard engine is a bad idea. I get the standard rear wing because of the overtaking and all, and I get the budget limits, but come on. Formula 1 isn't NASCAR (thank god).

I really hope the engine isn't standardized. The engine licensing for 5 million a year seems like a good idea though. Let's just hope this doesn't stop Cosworth from making a comeback.

Ack, both sides are just blowing smoke. FIA probably put out the tender knowing they'd get this reaction, now they can broker the compromise they want. Even if standard engines came into the sport, I doubt any of the major teams would seriously consider quitting.

Final positions at Interlagos:

1. Massa (Ferrari)

2. Trulli (Toyota)

3. Raikkonen (Ferrari)

4. Hamilton (McLaren)

5. Kovalainen (McLaren)

6. Alonso (Renault)

7. Vettel (Toro Rosso)

8. Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)

Tomorrow's forecast for Sao Paulo is an 80% chance of rain, getting heavier in the afternoon. I think it's going to be nail biter.

Hamilton seems quite heavy. Should be an easy podium for him, and the Championship with that. Trulli'll be lucky to make it through the warm up lap on that amount of fuel.

Maybe Alonso will have a super start and ruin Hamilton's ambitions in the first corner. Other than that, it'll probably be cruise control for McLaren.

Fixed.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh... :heh:

:bowdown:

I reckon Hamilton will hang in there and finish 3rd

With a Ferrari ahead, another alongside and a still rather chapped-off Alonso right behind, the big challenge for Lewis will be getting around the first handful of corners in one piece. If he can clear that, he should be all set.

Don't forget Alonso will have to get past Kovalienen first before he can think of ruining Hamilton's race.

Don't forget Alonso will have to get past Kovalienen first before he can think of ruining Hamilton's race.
Alonso is sniffing Hamilton's tail on the grid, and he's a great starter. Nonetheless, he's a smart starter. I don't think Hamilton should be too worried.

Rain though, could make it epic!

Argh, this is on at 5pm tomorrow right? Which means it will be finished about 6.15~6.30. Just when I get back from work. Damnit.