NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

That was amazing.

Funniest bit was when Massa's family started celebrating, then they realised that Hamilton had gone through.

Pwn3d or what :D:D

Awesome.

Hats off to Massa for a great season, but I think the right man won.

Simply, utterly incredible. In all the years I've watched F1 I honestly cannot recall a time it came down to the very last corner, this was a truly historic race. Massa can leave with his head held high after a tremendously strong race and season, cutting what I thought was an incredibly moving and proud figure on the podium in the rain. Still, I have no doubt in my mind that the right man took the trophy in the end.

This race was an epic. An absolute die cast epic. No matter who you support.

That was amazing.

Funniest bit was when Massa's family started celebrating, then they realised that Hamilton had gone through.

Pwn3d or what :D:D

Awesome.

Hats off to Massa for a great season, but I think the right man won.

Totally agree with both, funny as hell but still Massa was amazing :)

So close, wonder if there will be any uproar about Klock (forgotten the name already oops!). Also guessing Vettel won't be becoming pals with Mclaren any time soon.

It was the only time I ever truly resented ITV's F1 coverage. Honest to goodness.

It was just so very close, Coulthard's first corner retirement, was just so gutted for him. But Lewis is the champion and does a great deed for British motorsport, but Massa pushed it right to the end.

Jesus Christ what a last race, utterly mental. I happened to gatecrash the official NY F1 fans meet up. Never let it be said Americans don't care about formula 1, i've never watched F1 in a pub before but my god the atmosphere was amazing better then any football match ive watched in a pub. The end was mental when nobody was sure who had won due to the american commentary neglecting to mention that hamilton and vettel had passed glock.

Well played Lewis, I still feel Ferrari threw it away rather then him deserving to win it, I imagine the guy who invented the automatic pitstop thingy isnt very popular at the moment. Roll on next season.

The last few laps were intense. Actually thought Hamilton had cocked up, then Glock slowed down, couldn't believe it. Very lucky boy is Lewis. But its great to see another English champion.

a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

That was epic, needless to say many laughs were had at this point.

Just watched the last 3 laps on the ITV website, holy shit, that was insanity! Wish I coulda seen the entire things; but fucking well done HAMILTON!!! :D :D

The last few laps were intense. Actually thought Hamilton had cocked up, then Glock slowed down, couldn't believe it. Very lucky boy is Lewis. But its great to see another English champion.

That was epic, needless to say many laughs were had at this point.

He wasn't lucky really, Glock made the wrong decision

He should have gone in for wets.

If Glock had done that he wouldn't have even finished 6th let alone come so close to taking 4th.

If Glock had done that he wouldn't have even finished 6th let alone come so close to taking 4th.

Where was he before Hamilton/Vettel pitted?

It's still amazing how close it came to being the wrong gamble, but in the end it was the right call for Lewis.

Where was he before Hamilton/Vettel pitted?

He was behind them, hence why once Lewis pitted for wet tyres they were like 'Lewis needs it to rain or else he's not gonna get the championship!''.

in the end he finished 10th so even though some sources say glock let him by there was nothing he could of done

but amazing race

and in the end ferrari won constructors so they get one each :P

in the end he finished 10th so even though some sources say glock let him by there was nothing he could of done

but amazing race

and in the end ferrari won constructors so they get one each :P

If you mean Glock, he finished 6th, one place behind Hamilton.

I wonder what they are going to do with the points system. I remember in 2003 when Schumacher who won 6 races won the title by 2 points to Kimi who only won 1 race. Infact we've seen something similar this season (to an extent) where the driver who has won the most grand prixs hasn't got the title, and whilst you obviously count reliability issues into that, the point sysem of 10,8,6... is just pathetic (i know a lot of people have thought the same for the while). I mean, you could win 5 races in a row (one place ahead of your rival) and then retire whilst he wins and you'll be equal on points.

That said, this point system is better for smaller teams who are more likely to score points, whereas the old system (10,6,4,3,2,1), whilst being 'fairer' was harsh on the 'back of the grid' teams. Bernie has several times spoken of changing the points system and he looks set to this year so my question to you is how do you make the points system favour those who are more agreesive and want to WIN races (and not settle for 2nd or 3rd) but also help weaker teams?

I personally think they should keep the system as it is EXCEPT give the winner 12 points. Seems fair enough to me; a 4 point difference between 1st and 2nd seems fair enough and encourages drivers to go for the win.

I wonder what they are going to do with the points system. I remember in 2003 when Schumacher who won 6 races won the title by 2 points to Kimi who only won 1 race. Infact we've seen something similar this season (to an extent) where the driver who has won the most grand prixs hasn't got the title, and whilst you obviously count reliability issues into that, the point sysem of 10,8,6... is just pathetic (i know a lot of people have thought the same for the while). I mean, you could win 5 races in a row (one place ahead of your rival) and then retire whilst he wins and you'll be equal on points.

That said, this point system is better for smaller teams who are more likely to score points, whereas the old system (10,6,4,3,2,1), whilst being 'fairer' was harsh on the 'back of the grid' teams. Bernie has several times spoken of changing the points system and he looks set to this year so my question to you is how do you make the points system favour those who are more agreesive and want to WIN races (and not settle for 2nd or 3rd) but also help weaker teams?

I personally think they should keep the system as it is EXCEPT give the winner 12 points. Seems fair enough to me; a 4 point difference between 1st and 2nd seems fair enough and encourages drivers to go for the win.

I've said the winner should get 12 points for years. Don't see what's stopping them from doing it.

I don't mind the current points system, but think it might be good to see the drivers rewarded for other things than just the race result;

such as 1 point for POLE and 1 point for the Fastest Race Lap.

I don't mind the current points system, but think it might be good to see the drivers rewarded for other things than just the race result;

such as 1 point for POLE and 1 point for the Fastest Race Lap.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea in theory but then if drivers only needed a point to clinch the title they could get it in qualifying rendering the race pointless.

Also, you support kimi right? Because I think the point system made things very hard for him in 2007. He won 3 races in a row at the end of the season and barely won the title. Same for Massa earlier this season where he got 2 wins in a row and was still first. I dunno, would be nice to see winners rewarded more. The only reason the point system was changed was to end Schumachers dominance (as he won every race pretty much) so would be nice for them to reward winners more.