NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

Well that was entertaining in it;s own right, Alonso finally wins on his 1 year anniversary since he last won. Good job by Nico too but Raikonen threw away valuable points as did Massa, can't believe they still use the electronic traffic light system, it's dangerous.

Only reason Massa threw the points away was because of the fuel line which was still attached to his car when he drove off, think he broke it as well. Hence why he finished nearly last.

When are they gonna scrap that stupid pit release system? Its a danger to everyone, and could cost Massa the championship

Wow, that was a pretty crazy race, Ferrari completely self destructed. I think we can tick Singapore off as one of the better recent additions to the calender. What a great season it's been, that makes Alonso the seventh individual winner this year I think? He got lucky but there's no denying his class.

Totally deserved victory for Alonso. He'd been up snuff with the Ferraris and McLarens all weekend. Even in race pace he managed to approach Raikkonen's fastest lap within .2 seconds in a freaking Renault when everybody was terribly fatigued in the final laps. I really like his fighting attitude this season, great reward here.

Total epic fuckup at Ferrari, too. If Massa keeps up the speed he'll take the Championship anyway though.

Anyway, Singapore's a keeper, definitely. Overtaking was possible too!

Yeh Alonso defiantly deserved to take something from this season, he also deserves a better car.

Yeah great win by Alonso. Well deserved. Loved it that Ferrari fucked up! FIA can't help you out this time mofos hahahaha.

Didn't I state earlier that Ferarri would fuck up its pit stops (strategy or in general)... They wanna brag with their "awesome" lights and laugh with other team's "lolly pop guy", well now you see, flashier is not always better...

Hamilton played it extremely safely today... and Raikkonen messed up 4 laps before finishing:indeed: :indeed: Poor Ferarri, but they actually got what they deserved... :yay: :yay:

I'm really happy for Alonso...

Yeah great win by Alonso. Well deserved. Loved it that Ferrari fucked up! FIA can't help you out this time mofos hahahaha.

Yeah, did you see how long it took Ferrari to get the fuel pipe back out of the car, it looked like it was perma-stuck in there. I actually laughed when Massa pulled out of the pits taking a mechanic with him, and how did they help him up. They used a freakin hook to pull him clear.

hahahaha Massa know I am happy and good one Hamilton and who is going to watch it live at 5am I am not becuse I got Sky HD I cant wait for it to be on BBC anyone for HD Formula 1 and, its at Singapore agian next year. who wants more night races?

Totally deserved victory for Alonso. He'd been up snuff with the Ferraris and McLarens all weekend. Even in race pace he managed to approach Raikkonen's fastest lap within .2 seconds in a freaking Renault when everybody was terribly fatigued in the final laps. I really like his fighting attitude this season, great reward here.

Total epic fuckup at Ferrari, too. If Massa keeps up the speed he'll take the Championship anyway though.

Anyway, Singapore's a keeper, definitely. Overtaking was possible too!

I thought the circuit was a pretty decent one, too. Ok, there are places were over-taking is definitely not *Ahem* recommended. But, it is entirely, possible. Difficult, but do-able.

I watched this race, and the Ferrari Pit Mistake was pretty extraordinary to watch. I couldn't believe what I was seeing to be honest, and I hope the crew were not injured when Massa took off. Then, seeing them race up to him and trying desperately to take off the fuel line. You know straight away that he had little to no chance of finishing first when watching that.

I think it should be kept just for Singapore really.

Yeah I like that one and when do BBC take it over from ITV?

Awesome race, one of the best of the season and Singapore is a definate keeper and instant classic! offered some great overtaking too!

I'd much rather Singapore was kept as the only night race to keep it unique.

Personally I don't mind having to wake up in the middle of the night for a couple of races each season, it just adds another element into the mix!

But Bernie will probably get his way and add Australia and Japan to the list, and maybe China; but would be a shame IMO.

What makes Singapore so great as a night race is the city surroundings... the other tracks would't have that!

EDIT:

Shut up Ron!

Dennis suggests night races for Europe

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44127

I agree with you 100%, it should be kept unique, as it just fits in with the city.

Really enjoyed this race. Great surroundings and even better to see Ferrari fuck things up so awesomely, they probably couldn't have messed it better if they tried.

BBC F1 Team Revealed!!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29092008/23/2009-bbc-f1-team-revealed.html

Presenters:

- Jake Humphreys -

Former children's TV presenter Humphrey is more of an unknown quantity within the top flight, though he has commentated throughout his career with the BBC on football - becoming the youngest-ever presenter of Football Focus and Match of the Day - American football, cricket, athletics and most recently the Beijing Olympics.

- David Coulthard - AWESOME! :yay:

Commentary:

- Martin Brundle - AWESOME! :yay:

The addition of Brundle - who won a Royal Television Society award for Best Sports Pundit in 1998, 1999, 2005 and 2006 - will undoubtedly be a popular one amongst F1's fans, Michael Schumacher's former Benetton team-mate greatly embellishing the commentary with his dry sense of humour and witty insights.

- Jonathan Legard - Sounds Good

Legard, for his part, has an excellent knowledge of the sport having commentated on it on [bBC Radio] Five Live since 1997, whilst Coulthard's name has long been linked to a role at Auntie, and the Scot's fresh, non-PC, outspoken nature will surely go down well with viewers.

Pit-Lane Reporter:

- Lee McKenzie - Sounds good!

McKenzie - daughter of Daily Express F1 correspondent Bob McKenzie... has experience of fronting Sky Sports' A1GP transmissions. McKenzie is a past recipient of the Jim Clark Memorial Award for people involved in motorsport, and along with Brundle is expected to front the majority of build-up features for the pre-race coverage.

Now for the not so good news...

Pitpass claims that with the BBC sticking to a significantly lower budget than did ITV, the intention is to keep Coulthard and Humphrey studio-based in London during grand prix weekends, though how this will fit in with the latter's prior commitments as a consultant for RBR remains to be seen.
I think F1 needs a big budget!

The amount of polish the ITV intro, 'menus', features, country guides etc... all have, is absolutely EXCELLENT, REALLY high class and adds so much to the overall quality, excitment, and glamour of a F1 race weekend!

Happy that Coulthard is in the team, i'm pretty happy that Steve Ryder isn't in there, what does he actually do?

I'd actually be glad to hear the BBC give F1 a smaller production budget. Just let Martin do his grid walk and cut straight to the commentary box, I'm fed up with endless pre-race shows. Do we really need to find out what Jenson Button was doing with Sing-Sing the bar keep? Do we? Do we really?

I'd actually be glad to hear the BBC give F1 a smaller production budget. Just let Martin do his grid walk and cut straight to the commentary box, I'm fed up with endless pre-race shows. Do we really need to find out what Jenson Button was doing with Sing-Sing the bar keep? Do we? Do we really?
I enjoyed quite a few of the driver features they used to do before F1 ITV became the Lewis & Anthony Hamilton Show.

But the thing I don't really like is that it may all be presented from a London Studio!

I remember Jim and Mark doing 2 races from a studio during the '05 or '06 season [probably Japan and China], and it felt too detatched and a bit wierd.

I can't see how they'll be saving much money by just not flying out the presenters! Because they'll be flying out a film crew anyway to film Martin, and the new Pit-Lass etc...

I think they've taken the hints from F1 fans that they're fed up with James Allen and Steve Ryder's constant 'we love hamilton' approach to commentary. That said it's a shame they're getting rid of Blundle because i thought he had some good opinions.

I enjoyed quite a few of the driver features they used to do before F1 ITV became the Lewis & Anthony Hamilton Show.

But the thing I don't really like is that it may all be presented from a London Studio!

I remember Jim and Mark doing 2 races from a studio during the '05 or '06 season [probably Japan and China], and it felt too detatched and a bit wierd.

I can't see how they'll be saving much money by just not flying out the presenters! Because they'll be flying out a film crew anyway to film Martin, and the new Pit-Lass etc...

ITV loving Hamilton is hardly a suprise, every home channel does it to all their sporting teams/people. You think Allen is bad, listen to Motson commentate on an England game. It's only more prevalent now that we actually have someone who's half decent at racing a fast car.