NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

I will, i'm gonna put a reminder on my phone so i remember :heh:

I always forget things :)

I'm at school during friday practise but will definately watch it afterwards. Hmm it's strange; i expect the race to be boring but REALLY hope it doesn't rain (even though that'll make it better) because i don't trust Massa in the wet.

I'm at school during friday practise but will definately watch it afterwards. Hmm it's strange; i expect the race to be boring but REALLY hope it doesn't rain (even though that'll make it better) because i don't trust Massa in the wet.
haha! Massa on a wet enclosed circuit! now that would be fun!

Yeah, I am too, stuttering so much at times. Glad I have Formula1.com's live timing board.

EDIT: It's actually getting worse!

Im gonna see if the 2nd session is any good, hopefully it wont be as bad as first.

It's certainly better so far and the start of Practice has been delayed for some reason.

EDIT: Stuttering again but not near as badly as First Practice.

You just had to wait, it actually corrects itself. It's over now though, Mark Webber pulled a lap out of the bag and went from last to 11th

Could be your connection then, apart from the occasional stutter, a few lasted a few minutes, it was fine, much better than the non-stop 30 minute stutter the first session had.

Ok I just read an interview with Fernando and he believes overtaking is pretty much impossible on this track.

Am i the only one who dislikes street circuits? because seriously, i don't want to watch a procession, especially when the track looks DISGUSTING (Valencia). I would actually love it for Fernando to go low on fuel and get infront of Lewis and Felipe because he could win it from there.

Its strange because on Monaco, its always a great race, i don't think that any other street circuit can even touch Monaco.

Monaco is NOT always a great race, sometimes it's an absolute snore fest! I don't really look forward to it that much at all.

Not a fan of street circuits, but I'm happy to have Monaco to add something different to the season. I'm also loving Singapore so far from what I've seen in practice; we'll see how it does in the race, but I'm happy for it to be on the calender because once again it offers something different to the season, the night race.

But that's it for me. There certainly shouldn't be any move towards street circuits in the future. IMO 2 street circuits would be fine for a 20 race calender. Scrap Valencia as soon as possible! and please no Disney/Paris street circuit etc...

The traditional circuits need more support.

Please no Disney/Paris street circuit etc...

That made me lol just thinking about it. It's be like a Mario Kart game or other racing games of it's kind only without weapons.

Enjoyed qualifying!

Good to see Kimi's qualifying go well throughout. Would have liked to see Alonso in the mix as well.

Looking forward to the race. Just hope it delivers some overtaking!

Excellent lap by Massa obviously. I hope the whole thing isn't purely tactical tomorow though. Maybe Lewis or someone will put on a three stop strategy or something, spice things up a bit.

Hamilton was incredibly lucky Alonso set no time there. He would've kicked him out of Q3 easily. If Alonso kept up his weekend pace he might've actually qualified in the top 3.

What an incredible track. There's no space to overtake anywhere though, I guess Kovalainen might take the win on pure fuel load.

Hamilton was incredibly lucky Alonso set no time there. He would've kicked him out of Q3 easily. If Alonso kept up his weekend pace he might've actually qualified in the top 3.

What an incredible track. There's no space to overtake anywhere though, I guess Kovalainen might take the win on pure fuel load.

Well if Ferarri fucks up their pit stop strategy again, I won't be surprised if the McLarens get two podium places...

Might be a couple of overtaking moves on a few of the bumpy straights [even more so if a few cars get out of shape on them].

Kovaleinen's a strange choice to pick! He hasn't performed well in race pace all season and this is a LONG race. I'd expect him to fall away during the race and finish [in terms of race time] quite a way back on the top 3.

Plus why would he beat his team mate who's a stronger driver in the same car and three places up the grid in a probably processional race [for the top 6 at least]?

He'd need ALOT of luck to take the win.

If Massa gets a good start he's quite likely to stay there.

If Lewis gets a head of Massa at the start he's got a good chance.

If Kimi gets a good start, and either gets in front of Lewis, or at least keeps on the back of Lewis and Massa, he'd be my tip for the win; because with his sublime race pace he could get ahead of them both at the pit stops.

EDIT:

What an absolute fucking joke!!...

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44102

Heidfeld docked three grid places

Nick Heidfeld has been given a three-place grid penalty for blocking Rubens Barrichello during qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix.

The BMW Sauber driver was demoted from sixth to ninth place after the stewards ruled that he had impeded Barrichello as he entered the pits during the first knockout session.

The Honda driver was on a quick lap when he came up behind Heidfeld’s BMW in the final corner, a quick left-hander, and had to lift and abort his lap.

The pit lane entry has attracted criticism because it gives drivers who are about to pit little option but to use the racing line at the apex of the corner – but the stewards nonetheless judged that Heidfeld was at fault.

They also handed Barrichello a 10,000 euro fine for diving into the pits after aborting his lap without using the ‘deceleration zone’ – ironically the same piece of racetrack Heidfeld had been occupying.

Heidfeld did NOTHING wrong!! what was he supposed to do?!!

It's a problem with the circuit design, nothing to do with the divers!

Rediculous!!

EDIT:

What an absolute fucking joke!!...

Heidfeld did NOTHING wrong!! what was he supposed to do?!!

It's a problem with the circuit design, nothing to do with the divers!

Rediculous!!

Did somebody mention professional stewards?