NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

ITV loving Hamilton is hardly a suprise, every home channel does it to all their sporting teams/people. You think Allen is bad, listen to Motson commentate on an England game. It's only more prevalent now that we actually have someone who's half decent at racing a fast car.
No I know every country does it, it's even worse in Spain regarding Alonso!

And unfortunately it probably won't change over at the BBC.

Brundle is great tbh, he knows what he's talking about and makes some really good points. Really helps to have an ex-racer as a commentator.

Thankgod Allen isn't going to be there. <3

His grid walkabouts are laughable the amount of people that annoy him until he finds a nobody to ask stupid questions to. I was thinking oh thank god he'll be done when BBC take over.

Hid grid walks are great, they show a side to that sport close up that isn't all dressed up, and produce some great moments because he keeps catching people unawares. He seems to have this weird battle of wits going on with Bernie at the moment, who has recently taken to pawning him off against a local dignitary at every opportunity.

In their most recent clash:

"Bernie, quick word?"

"This is the Prime Minister of Singapore, Martin."

"Another one? You've stiffed me on Prime Ministers before Bernie."

Mother f*ckers!!

Canadian GP dropped for 2009 [and a month long break created!]

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44176

I love Canada!! and I can't cope without F1 for a whole month!!

In other news:

- BMW are keeping Kubica and Heidfeld for '09

- Ferrari are using the 'lollipop' in Japan.

BMW keeping their drivers, means Alonso's only other option is Honda, but no doubt he'll stay with Renault anyways, he's been saying they're his preferred choice for a while now.

WHHAAAAAATTT!?!??!?!!

No Canada!!!!

And a 1 month break....

Thats like taking Monza out imo, its a great great circuit, do we know what's replacing it?

EDIT: ive just noticed in that link, that it says the last race will be Abu Dhabi.

Canada needed a redesign, if it's gone away for that purpose all the better. But bollocks to the break, too many boring Sundays already with bi-weekly races..what else is there MotoGP!? Don't make me laugh..

EDIT: ive just noticed in that link, that it says the last race will be Abu Dhabi.
Although Abu Dhabi hasn't actually 'replaced' Canada, as they were planning '09 to have 19 races, with Abu Dhabi a new addition.

And IMO Canada doesn't need a re-design.

But I'll bet it was all that problem with the asphalt at the hairpin this year which has led to it being taken off '09, probably for a complete resurfacing or something.

The calender's starting to look awfully skewed. Two races in Spain, two around the Malaysian peninsula but only one across both Americas. I think they need to run us by why Montreal has been dropped exactly.

Its come to the time, where Valencia is still in the calendar, and Canada isn't :(

I would rather have no GP, over having Valencia.

I would rather have no GP, over having Valencia.
Agreed! Can't believe we've got to put up with that absolute waste of space until 2014!

Canada should return at one point, it's brilliant imo and there are several overtaking oppotunities (last corner and hairpin spring to mind).

Valencia is a complete waste and tbh singapore isn't that great. Monaco is pretty poor but it will stay because it's like a piece of f1 history. Get rid of both the spanish tracks and give us more tracks like, Spa, montreal, monza, Interlagos and Malaysia. Oh, Magny-Cours is also a joke.

Canada should return at one point, it's brilliant imo and there are several overtaking oppotunities (last corner and hairpin spring to mind).

Valencia is a complete waste and tbh singapore isn't that great. Monaco is pretty poor but it will stay because it's like a piece of f1 history. Get rid of both the spanish tracks and give us more tracks like, Spa, montreal, monza, Interlagos and Malaysia. Oh, Magny-Cours is also a joke.

I disagree with you on the Singapore bit, i thought it was a great race and the circuit is truly brilliant:)

But the rest of what you said is correct :)

While we're about it: Hungary. What's going on there exactly? What precisely is the point?

I don't understand this 1 month break? What's it for exactly? And will the races be closer together next season or is the whole season just longer in length.

Agreed!

Though I feel Singapore deserves a place; but as the ONLY night race

And about, whilst I didn't use to like it I appreciate it much more now. It's a true racers circuit and has the classic look and feel to it.

And it also has some greenery in and around it!!!!!

I wouldn't like to see it lose its place to another concrete run-off area snore-fest of a circuit.

I was actually quite looking forward to Abu Dhabi, but I just watched this youtube video, and it looks like it may be another harbour circuit, I couldn't believe it!...

Tracks like Silverstone, Spa, Montreal, Monza etc... really need to be preserved on the calender!

And bring back Austria/The A1 Ring!

Oh and f*ck two Spanish GP, bring back the awesomeness of Sazuka as a permanent fixture and hold two Japanese GP's! because Fuji is nice to look at and is an almost guaranteed wet race!